Red Team is blind!

Posts about what EvilGrins has been or is up to!
EvilGrins
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Red Team is blind!

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:40 pm

I noticed this in UT long before MonsterHunt was ever released, back in the day I still didn't have any monster mutators and had to enter them into a game by 'summon'.

In CTF the Blue Team can see monsters just fine. They will dodge them and fight them and kill them.

The Red Team are completely oblivious to the monsters. Even if they get shot or hit by them, other than losing the health they don't react.

Monsters like the UTMDT, Talking Titan, the Reds can see... but then he's really just a big bot.

I've been playing around with TeamMonsters.u
Only tried Krall so far, after giving them better colored skins like here.

Why can't the Red Team see monsters?

Kelly

Re: Red Team is blind!

Post by Kelly » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:36 pm

Every combatant pawn is assigned to a team. Scripted pawns (monsters) are not exempt from this. Red is the default team and since monsters aren't "assigned" by code to a team they are added to the red team.
When everyone you ever known is headed for a headstone
I don’t wanna give the end away but we’re gonna die one day

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:02 pm

In old MH, using some UTJMH mutator usually is very possible to slap Skaarj in the same team with hunters (unkillable until have a weapon). Without UTJ things aren't very different. Skaarj simply cannot hack you without weapon (friendlyfire subject) Try default MH with SkaarjOfficers in a cube, usually they don't have weapon. I'm curious if they can damage you 1 HP without any mutator. I'll bet they can pickup Shields too.
Team-code fragments might lead in ignorance until DamageAttitude will have some word to say. Without attraction Monsters are ignoring Bots and even Bots are ignoring monsters if adding to team is not corectly done.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:15 pm

Kelly wrote:Every combatant pawn is assigned to a team. Scripted pawns (monsters) are not exempt from this. Red is the default team and since monsters aren't "assigned" by code to a team they are added to the red team.
True enough, but even if the bots on red see them as the same team they should react to them.

Also, TeamMonsters.u has the option to set the monster to a specific team. So the Blue Krall don't attack the players on the Blue Team... but the Red Team still can't see the Blue specific krall.

I'm gonna attach the map I'm experimenting with so you can see what I mean.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kelly

Post by Kelly » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:50 pm

You are mixing different superclasses (bot, playerpawn, scriptedpawn) so unless you address it specifically in code there will be problems. UEngine just wasn't designed with the idea that scriptedpawn would be used in so many ways and the code for them is really just incomplete for lack of a better word. The big problem in fixing everything is that you need to create a new scriptedpawn class but then you are stuck getting it to work everywhere. It's a pain in the butt and it's why no perfect solution exists. If you want true DM with bots and monsters and such you'd need to rewrite the gametype for it to work smoothly and without error.
When everyone you ever known is headed for a headstone
I don’t wanna give the end away but we’re gonna die one day

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:21 pm

Well, poop.
ImageImage
Then again, if ever I host games again at least this map will work for players... unless they decide to ignore the Blue Krall for some silly reason.

Dragon

Post by Dragon » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:08 pm

I have one of those mutator that can add monsters in
NEW==> http://www.thereddragonsite.com

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:36 am

EvilGrins wrote:Well, poop.
Then again, if ever I host games again at least this map will work for players... unless they decide to ignore the Blue Krall for some silly reason.
This depends on what CTF or other game-type is played.

Dragon

Post by Dragon » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:01 am

you can always borrow jordy's visor lol
NEW==> http://www.thereddragonsite.com

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:31 pm

Quote at TITLE: Red Team is Blind!

Really ?
NOT_Blind.jpg
Of course UTDMT is not the best script ever but somehow works as expected. This reminded me in how to debate adding in team for any game-type. Pawn without replication - OUT, Pawn with replication IN. Epic forgot to debate other pawns than Bot and TournamentPlayer - if equation is completed we don't need even to declare too much attitude, Bot will attack other pawns indiscriminately leaded by NATIVE code (awsome man, awsome), problem solved, THANKS for MAP, EG.

Btw: These so called "monsters" are Teamcannons - bad ideea for other games which aren't ready with functions. A dude from Japan made once a weapon to fire with ... craps less or more against engine: monsters, cannons, barrels, etc. (I won't tell who was/is him - just a bit idiot - not bigger than me), of couse he did not tested map in detail (MH map), later he and others from his gang were surprised to see a stucked server - this is the result of a bad attitudes soup. In a map X or Y, if players know what to do, will block the mostly servers with monsters. This problem comes from engine handlers related to attitude. If fact a lot of assumed less good maps might run well if we are changing engine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.