Need some tests

Posts about what EvilGrins has been or is up to!
Nelsona
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Need some tests

Post by Nelsona » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:35 pm

Eg, as I know so far you like to play MH with Bots. I picked an old map unsigned (origins probably in Japan). Being with one piece PlayerStart and a few less logic things, I set a few modifications, of course Bot support is functional (in this one).
In this one should:
- see a few screenshots in MH's selection menu;
- see ammo messages in Tournament form;
- not see intro messages and cameras active if game is not started yet;
- not be a very big intererest in monster Vs monster fight;
- be pickups organized for a fight balanced (I say OK) for default MH;
- see Bot support probably completed (the mostly Bot will get ASMD from first room in Freelance order).

I wanna know if you can see it working normally, especially in default MH.
MH-Tomoko_vs_Sayuri_R.zip
If you are curious you can hunt original map from somewhere and do a comparation between versions.
Maybe we have to work a MHMapPack organized like this one ? Or not ? Or ... ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nelsona

Re: Need some tests

Post by Nelsona » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:42 am

Bump, um no... just presuming people aren't any more interested in MH and/or probably monsters with games, means my few last plans to setup some troopers MH compatible won't deserve any bit of effort. Looking only at number of responses in here if I'll put up a few powerful Skaarj-Package nobody will comment anything. The single download here for that previous mentioned remake has been performed by Medor without to answer anything, 0 feedback. How I know ? Simple. Map is stored at Medor and has only 1 download.
So I think I'll do some stuff for default matches and setting up test-servers without too much noise/advertising, enjoying UT features unused all these years.

EvilGrins
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:49 am

Actually, think i missed this thread when you first posted it. Being on 20+ forums, I can't keep track of everything.

My bad.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:43 am

Okay, good pathing. Haven't tried it bots-only yet but I get the sense they could beat the map all on their own. Nice combat, good flow; surprising attacks from some of the monsters.

Played twice with 3 bots: 1 watching my back and the other 2 watching each other:

You've got the ASMD on the map instead of the ShockRifle. 1 Unreal weapon but all the rest UT ones; was that on purpose?

Odd quirk:
Map completion freezes movement. I mean, normally when I win a game I can scroll the view around to see all of what's around me... but on this map (both times) after the exit is achieved, other than the bots still running around, my keyboard seems dead.

Thought UT froze/locked up for a few seconds.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:35 am

EvilGrins wrote:1 Unreal weapon but all the rest UT ones
Shht, let me be traitor now. Use "CheatView ASMD", I'll bet you won't see anything. Why ? MonsterHunt has an Integrated and over-debated MonsterBase mutator which is replacing all Old wepsy (Except razorjack and Quadshot) with some new aliases copied from OLWeapons and nothing too fixed, else will respond at "cheatview OLASMD" else "cheatview Monsterhunt.OLASMD".

For freezing at End I'm not sure if is not caused by some mutator or something graphic related used by you, I played this in MH in pure form and also in my MH. Both worked, I was interested if you like pathing there. Original version was pretty dumb: 1 single player start, a few useless monsters later and a bunch of them almost at end with 0 ammo support in last area forcing people to run-away for reload, bot pathing 0 (reported by Bot during game). Here I tuned a few things and is place for more maps recovered from trash.

Next info: Look for MH-AkemiChan or such title. See how is (BT zones, triple stuff - for a server with bWeaponStay=False - mapped for a community only not for all UT). Now the surprise: I have a Bot pathed version and a few add-ons against Bot trapped (comit suicide as human - no other way), yes, read twice Bot pathed using alternate attack method. Is indeed a hard zone for a Bot that UT_FlakCannon area but is not really impossible. Some of them passed and finished map - Bot Support customized a la MYSELF.

Now I go to do some stuff. Tell me if you know that and I can show you something different. Do not ask me why author originally did nothing (is a risk to make me to get mad and somebody will say that I'm whining in forums and in fact I'm just singing).

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:13 pm

Wanna talk bot suicides? http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?p=66119#p66119

That's a mess right there!

You may be right on the ASMD. Might also be the mapper made a common mistake. In UnrealEd under "Inventory" is where the weapons are, but it's sectioned. For UT stuff you're supposed to do under "Tournament Weapons" but if you don't all the Unreal1 equivilents are there.

Only real bot pathing glitch I found was the weapons rooms. Bots have pathing to the first one, where the ASMD is located, but not the others. There's 2 more weapons rooms further into the map the bots don't go into unless following a human player or a fight with a monster knocks them in there.

Overall, still a great map... although in hindsight the music selection was kinda drab.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:09 am

Look around through more old maps and you'll see a lot of Old wepsy used. Purpose ? Letting Mod to manage Net-Code problems. Of course... I have solution to use them original but... they aren't only 0 at Net Code, they have even other errors and 0 decals. What you can see into MonsterHunt servers at this moment of year 2014 are just the same replacements, probably two servers have them reworked and another one which runs only in private (mine).

When I tested map I did not insisted at Bot to collect everything, simply collecting ASMD satisfied me to not look at them like at retards with chainsaw since they can perform cute combos.

Else now I can use this version having A.I. support, I deleted the old one.