MH-DefendingLand

Posts about what EvilGrins has been or is up to!
EvilGrins
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

MH-DefendingLand

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:16 am

I've made a scary number of these variant maps, based off the Brutes one Kaal made ages ago, each with different monsters... some with different weapons. This, however, was the 1st time someone else took one of those edits and made an edit of their own.

Nelsona (who is scary WICKED smart) put monster-pathing on the map and set it up so they attack in waves. He limited the scope of where players/bots can go on the map, instead of the full area there's a barrier between the base and the 1st of the mounds. Anyone who hits it gets bounced straight up and then back to the base; naturally it doesn't effect the incoming monsters.

After his edit was completed, I finalized a few things... and here we all are.

Usual Suspects:
==============
.u /system
.umx /music
.unr /maps
.png - pwetty
.txt - this message will self-destruct

Enjoy!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1h7sr ... ngLand.zip

Nelsona

Re: MH-DefendingLand

Post by Nelsona » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:21 pm

Notes for explanations:
I figured original map how was supposed to work. First Message was "Hold this Position". Good idea but Bad Idea. Holding position made map to not ever finish. So I made a little fine tuning: Force Player to hold and... to end map. IN a couple of sessions I have seen monsters a bit too blind for attack so I made my first Karmic Level. That was unchanged until 2015 when I did a different thing: a simple actor to be added without Tags Triggers Events and all bla bla setup. The only thing to do properly is pathing the rest is managed by Evil Karmazor aka whatever you wanna call it. It's not a big deal is a simple actor having a few kb MyLeveled but it does more noise in there...

Might be good to setup a fight in those others so called Levels containing word "Attack" in Title but I did not see anything attacking except player (not even Bot) - which is pretty dumb, because I'm thinking to rename them in Attack_Of_NobodyXX where X can be good range of the same useless remakes...

EvilGrins
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: MH-DefendingLand

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:32 pm

It is a thing of beauty, Nels... but you did mention if you were gonna take a crack at one of my edits again you'd prefer it be a different map.

Like, say, this one · http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/80631.html

Still editing, been an off & on thing for awhile... but it's near ready.