Need More Fixes ?

Posts about Nelsona's findings in UT!
Nelsona
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Re: Need More Fixes ?

Post by Nelsona » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:35 am

Hermskii wrote:I am so glad I have all of this here. Thanks!
Wait just a bit to complete these. Right now I have 2 pawns monster (something like in Xidia) but these won't get stucked like those known or less known meet ones. In fact because I have a first version of function rewritten by me I simply did not see monster firing any wall comparing with Bot which still killed itself with a "splash" damage weapon. MOnster armed with Redeemer even used it making more victims being able to handle well the fire-spot and dying only when place was too small.

This prototype of weapon-holder (posted at TheDanes) is not using featured trash a la Skaarj. Technology to gain a weapon containing 3 steps:
- try to spawn and Add as Inventory his weapon (not many to mess up things), if bad original UT timers vs Regens things doesn't make pawn to fail in getting weapon and this one is replaced;
- in case of replacement used (normal because some UT stuff is nasty and we need good things) pawn looks for a weapon in his radius unmarked as an inventory from map touching it this time using a fragment of Skaarj technology - won't really bug console I'll explain why later;
- if an abomination not a mutator is arming player-only with weapon and other weapons are ruined, pawn will copy a weapon from player, being a weapon accepted by mutator it won't be destroyed.
Presuming pawn cannot have a weapon well rated will leave game telling about 0 weapon options. This is not happening too soon.

Pawn doesn't mess with a bIsPlayer in "auto state startup" like Skaarj screwing fragments of replication and bugging all UT default functions addressing bIsPlayer (Another BAD MOVE, EPIC). He simply get weapon only when attacks else weapon's existence is pointless. Because enemy came in area monster will get weapon. If player kill this monster, weapon being spawned later won't be invisible or bugged, is just a weapon spawned in game after all things have been initialized correctly and not before - in this way some pickup errors are simply unexistent. As for friendly carcass-type-crash, pawn when start fighting will change carcass with his personal one making possible to work all die-animations like Bot without to mess up looking frozen standing at "repeater-death" (minigun and such), and without to check "PlayerCanSeeMe()" having another sort of check as replacement for a dumb timer bad used for that "RemoteRole".

The only (or more) thing left is testing intensive because (rarely indeed) sometimes get stucked at firing default Redeemer (not my MH redeemer), is not happening often but I don't want this bug (it proves something bugged again in certain combat state). Default Skaarj are not so friendly in using redeemer. I saw them rarely firing only once and... BYE! - because default redeemer has a sort of "feature" incompatible with Skaarj.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:44 am

Bump with a note.

Being busy a bit to gain 0 error MH play due to MHReplacer developed for MonsterHuntv5.04, my old work at MH2 ought to be changed too. Whatever I did until this moment is located here (maybe will suffer small updates - or not)
https://tinyurl.com/p5h3xlq
I gotta full revise/change this MH2 because it seems too loaded Vs how much is fixing. Hard timers are slowing down states (I suspect this), any server suffers an intensive process. I did not bothered to clock each thing in seconds how log takes but I won't buy new computers to play UT'99 - doesn't make any sense as long as engine is old and limited for those times. Speaking about development, this is limited if 100 things in Level are changed dynamically, yes stuff messed up has to be changed or else console won't run clean.

To summarize
I think is time for another architecture of MH2 configured different.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:15 pm

:wink: And little bump
This might be suspended as long as several fixes seems turned back at NON fixes when people don't understand the goal of a few lines written. Stuff solved in server might looks wacky in client - so... let's mess up the client, maybe will leave and we can enjoy empty super stable servers...

Good night!

medor

Post by medor » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:35 am

Just remember this for MH but i think your not forget in your actual work.
http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/foru ... 61&start=0

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:51 am

My current MH stuff/server seems to work pretty fine. The deal is that I don't have intentions all time to get all tools into a single thing. If one of those is a trouble maker or has a native fix, then it won't be needed and will run another process for nothing.

Last days I was thinking at how much I was tweaking controller at MH2 - some of these tweaks might go out because... a conformed Engine and a better UnrealShare/UnrealI will simply no longer need any fix. Monster will work properly and it won't need replacements, then my tweaks for such cases are pointless. That's why I'm stuck right now.

To summarize: Admin can do an EX-Official update to his/her server making 80% of things just too good rather than using STOCK from "Factory". That's the idea a la 2017 - No fixing, just using a fixed UT.

Anyway because I was "forgetting" a few bugs at 504 probably I'll conform a new file compatible with default MH and... that's all, but I have doubts to see people using stable things, they have a default addiction for bugs and then we should not ruin their "happiness".

Another sample:
In MH504 at using Teaming and maps with a high load of monsters, server might go down instantly exactly at map start, because of "team-seeking" iterations number which is getting over Engine's boundaries. By using another UnrealShare, game will not crash if stuff is being written different. Do I need a MH fix then ? What for ? Just let engine to run smoother with good packages without fixing routines. That's my stuck problem: to fix or not fix.
Because fixing that crash is a challenge after all due to such a load - a replacer-virtualizer might save occurrences but it is way expensive and laggy due to new things added in Level by game and not by Editor.

The result: I'm not sure if community will accept a crap-ton of stock files even if are conformed with original against mismatching. It will be very confusing for new admins they having no clue what's going on and what to use.
Else they want probably different things which means a lot of files UnrealI, UnrealShare making everything a mess and a total confusion. I prefer PRIVATE way without public sharing because some "fans" will get mad.

Why I'm telling this ? See 451 update story, some dumb players were using it and complaining about a rammed Editor. That update was addressing mainly servers. And, such files will cause ACE kicks if are used by players that's the big problem: ignorant players loading things with no purpose. These are addressing ONLY servers.