What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Re: Discutions about MonsterHuntArena

Post by Nelsona » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:44 am

Checked.
Replacement.jpg
I think this guy is ready to fight.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:06 am

Assuming I informed you enough what is about, is time to test a new MonsterHuntArena in outside.
MH_Arena.zip
I'm playing it using Small regens from UTToolBox11 or like this. Can be attached a WeaponLoader.
If map has a logic can be ended and Bots are interested about such Boss subject. If A.I. need corrections I'll fix that. Is simple and can be improved. Add an enhanced menu if this basic is not usefull.

Old weapons don't need replacements because they should work On-Line, except quadshot which is replaced, SuperShockRifle which is lame, Invisibility which is useless against A.I.

If is necesary adding more power for monsters we can solve this problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:27 am

Ok then, assuming nobody wants to see what is in this redone game-type I think I won't do other public updates.
Conclusions after playing On-Line:
- We have a few maps done for other Engine that UT99 - LOL;
- We have 17 maps playable after some of them were modified to work properly;
- And we have 2 or 3 indeed very closer to subject MA and a bit of design.

In other version I'll adjust a bit A.I. code and I'll put Skaarj dropping weapons like I did for MH. For On-Line I studied why weapons throwed by Skaarj embeded in map are invisible (not really spawned later). Weapon is invisible only IN HUD. This is a Net Code glitch belongs to HUD. If player get such a wep and check a "behindview 1" everything is OK, only HUD is bugged by Stuff holded by pawns before all game initialization procedures.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:48 pm

And, for small or big adjustments related to MonsterHuntArena, the mostly is like MonsterHunt, need major modifications (speaking about Monsters).

How I noticed troubles ?
Working at A.I. technology. I decided to have something like Assault. But in MonsterHuntArena we don't have any nearest pathode as option to be selected for monsters and... monsters are moving during combat, so I writed a few things in a function named FindPathToMonster considering parameters:
- monster doesn't have always placement very near a pathode;
- monster attacked first time will move (cannot assign startlocation as target);
- Warlord or others might fly high and bot will lose pathing data.

These things were adjusted by me later (not really in this version posted here - need adjustments).
Strategy (maybe is not the best):
- Scanning if End is linked with an assumed Boss - if not will debate things later (roaming as default purpose to encounter monsters);
- If Boss is in map we have to see a nearby node available and visible by Monster ( for clear shot - crap in here will see why);
- If during the race to Boss another small freak is attacking Bot will be assigned as target at once with path;
- To avoid losing path at once with flying high or something like this we save that path in other OldPath point, if path not exist Bot will follow OldPath attempting to recover battle field;
- Before to exist any linked Boss, if map has MonsterWayPoint(s), they are used as in original MH (if some mappers knows subject);
- Once finished Waypoints Bot is crawling as in DM, in purpose to encounter a monster - possible to gain Boss as Target.

Problem of visibility. Exist a node closer and monster can see it ? LOL, not always. Tentacle is a bullshit pawn how I haven't seen speaking about features:
- is meant to hear as rabbits but a deaf gradma can hear better;
- is meant to see very "extended" but a blind old horse can manage things better;
- Tentacle selected a pathnode very out of "LineOfSightTo"(itself) and Bot won't ever fire from that location because simple is behind a corner or such obfuscation. Bot won't really attack from that point because is "StakeOut"-ing, simple doesn't have a clear shot from that location. Removing visibility check I got desired point to fire but this might be a problem randomly - Tentacle never selected nearest pathnode. In end .. I'm not wander why some Tentacles are intended to be destroyed by GameInfo in different games with monsters - is trash-pawn. Now I'm thinking at a better way to select optimal position. But... there might be other solution, a function in purpose something like (FixPawnProperty) to restore crappy tentacle dumbness and others like that.