To do in MH v504 - maybe in olders too...

Posts about Nelsona's findings in UT!
Nelsona
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Re: To do in MH v504 - maybe in olders too...

Post by Nelsona » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:47 pm

As a thing not only for MonsterHunt, but even for CTF, DM games, and because Bot fighting with monster might return a bad situation when Bot try some aim for pawn which is dying (without respawn - monster rule) I've been wrapping a subclass of Bot which I named it shortly MBot - in long abstract name Modified Bot.
Looking over certain things Bot seems somehow messed in several instances.
Examples:
- Big map and all items reachable VS "RespawnTime" in default. Consequence: If player is lost somewhere, Bot won't hunt human very soon as long as is busy with items cycling useless;
- Sometimes is very busy with items and doesn't respond at enemy;
- Sometimes presumes a wrong jump and might fall;
- In 1on1 combat also is not interested to track other Bot or Non-Player will attack only if encounter such a threat while run for items;
- using heavy rockets often commits suicide because of false enemy visibility;
- certain states aren't so wrapped (console speaks english, btw).

Being subclass of Bot, they keep compatibility with all common games. Exceptions are:
- a bit of speed - player rush anyway;
- a bit of jump - avoid fall in several cases;
- more polite at enemy saying "HI" with weapon;
- small values modified attempting to recover CPU power because Bot code is more powerful than a common mutator.

I've been testing MBot prototype as long as I added them in default configuration (properly declared in User.ini) and they are now part of any game which is calling Bots.
I'm still gonna do a few tests before to claim this job DONE. In this state they can be downloaded from my G.Drive folder mentioned at Hook's work-shop section at once with other stuff which I was working on.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:10 pm

Goood... Except a single case in MH2, when a single time a Bot has been locked (I cannot recreate situation) looks like MBot can manage better Dispersion and stuff generally, is possible to have a tiny small thing wrong (default one) which I cannot see but I want them at this moment. For MH2 of course I have to revise codes due to new "hunters", some code there probably is not friendly. This single lock never occurred in MHv5.04 neither in CTF DM MA, so I will check MH2 nasty timers.

I almost forgot that insane MH2 battle which I was loving.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:52 pm

And a small recall to Skaarj.

Mainly in MHV5.04 without to mess up timers with bad mutators almost all "people" are armed properly. SAID almost because we have an exception, a nice one
UTMHPack - an awesome pack done only to mock that integrated trooper spawning weapon and holding it... probably NEVER in v5.04. Simply original function "touch" toward its bIsPlayer value has no effect - that XidiaRifle seems a sort of crap (animations crappy). But because I'm loving to brutalize weapon-holders I made a small code to load them with any matter. And now they looks like armed with two weapons: One in a$$ and other one in left hand usable normally, both of them following monster owner. Better than nothing and proving how nice has been done that stuff named UTMHPack.
Doubled.jpg
In MH 5.03 things works apparently... because the rest of Skaarj troubles are very known, probably weapon is addressing to players hunters (Skaarj added in team too - unkillable bug) and that's why luckily works... by chance, else if Skaarj is a normal monster in v5.04 simply cannot hold that even if the rest of stuff is totally usable.

Thank you for attention!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EvilGrins
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:50 pm

Wow... that is too cool!

It's like the old akimbo mutator for more than just the default UT weapons.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:12 pm

Probably this capture has less relevance, weapon simply camps into monster body following it everywhere and the other normal weapon seems usable.

I found this problem when I was playing a MH map with a lot of Skaarj. All of them were cute armed with all UTStock challenging hunters except... XIDIA holder, LOL. Can you imagine my face when I was detected this old Bug back ? :evil:
It was unable even to damage me punching. I can't be sure if collision fix did not screwed this animal but... Mutator reinforce Skaarj using... "AddInventory" function not "Touch" and looks like this technology used even at NsMonster is better than all default trash. This weapon reinforced to "touch" seems to not work for that Skaarj (5.04) - probably v5.04 game-ticking is faster and weapon mock some animation lagging "touch" or whatever nasty timing lost, the rest of replacements or non replacements works properly (never failed).

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:16 pm

MHHelp mutator is now in shared folder posted at Hook's workshop section from forum addressing mainly MHv5.04.
All adjustments are described inside archive's documentation.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sun May 17, 2015 1:24 pm

MBot has been updated, I think it won't very run in place in original MH when has no purpose, but it might do this when is into a bad nasty bunch of items (which shouldn't be like that). Attempting to reject a bunch of inventories need a heavy loaded function which might blow up coolers from CPU - "state roaming" and "PickDestination" are very called if something goes wrong. Also there are chances to see Bot uninterested about some items at a moment which is not an option in DM. Due to MH tweaking I did not tested Assault game or such type and I'm not really interested about that chapter as long as at a moment I found fewer AS servers than MH servers, LOL. If anyone wants something for AS, source-code is in package so anyone can toy coding BOTS.

Because I was amazed by their desire in crawling water useless for items I made an update to MHHelp mutator in order to screw "respawntime" of items from water pushing Bot to get items from land (when need reload).
Here I think is a bug coming from engine which is called by Bot, "FindBestInventoryPath". I don't very understand what says WIKI (almost nothing) but I see Bot giving priority to a ScubaGear far away in water not at a very closer ripper and nearby ammo (weapon according to shooter concept) which is more helpful in combat than a stupid item with 0.005000 desireability - THANK YOU, TIM - I'm burning to see if this one exist unchanged in UT4, it's totally interesting this C++ algorithm in deciding BEST item, LOL.

With newer MHHelp mutator now looks better.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sat May 30, 2015 12:07 am

Yay, finally got things normally.

All troubles were coming because of lazy weapon or something too loaded in this initialization. I let things alone 250 ms spawning a guard. After 250 ms if pawn still doesn't get weapon then give it weapon spawned by itself in 100 range ( deliberated slow code to not mess again ). And that nasty Skaarj holds weapon - all happening with Stock monsters replaced, including Skaarj with weapon originally assigned from Level. :|
Gotta update link location.