Needs

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
David
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Needs

Post by David » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:40 am

Hermskii wrote:So I finally found it. Free and well done (very well done!) remote assistance software.

http://www.teamviewer.com

It rules!
Herm...how does that work for free? I went to the site and did see free but I also so that there are costs. I am curious because I would like to use it if it is free and a good solid, secure program.
Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:33 am

Just keep looking and you'll find it. The program is really free, and pretty handy if you have a good connection, though turn off all the torrents and server monitors, etc you have going before using it. If not the connection will be so laggy it can really frustrate you.

A word to the wise...I don't let ANYONE connect remotely to my computer unless I am fully vetted they are legit *and* clean. This sort of connection bypasses your router hardware firewall, any software firewalls running, most real-time scanning, and most all security measures you can take. If you allow interaction, a smart person has as much access as you do sitting there. Any infections they have can propogate across the connection to you, much like an email virus can do. This is very much a buyer-beware sort of thing, so know your buddy on this.

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:55 am

Gopo - you mentioned "Torrents" - as in "Bit Torrents" I assume?
I have read (more like Scanned) only a FEW things on this in years past but most of it has turned me off on doing it.
(mainly because of #2 below) :|
Anyway...
1) What exactly is this process?
2) And, I have seen the word "Illegal" a lot when reading about Torrents - what is that all about?
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:14 pm

3 yes'es:

Yes, it's very illegal.

Yes, you can get seriously infected if you are not careful.

Yes, there is *NOTHING* you cannot find and download. I mean *anything*: movies, music, programs, tv shows...You cannot name me something I can't find.

David

Post by David » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:27 pm

gopostal wrote:Just keep looking and you'll find it. The program is really free, and pretty handy if you have a good connection, though turn off all the torrents and server monitors, etc you have going before using it. If not the connection will be so laggy it can really frustrate you.

A word to the wise...I don't let ANYONE connect remotely to my computer unless I am fully vetted they are legit *and* clean. This sort of connection bypasses your router hardware firewall, any software firewalls running, most real-time scanning, and most all security measures you can take. If you allow interaction, a smart person has as much access as you do sitting there. Any infections they have can propogate across the connection to you, much like an email virus can do. This is very much a buyer-beware sort of thing, so know your buddy on this.
My plan for me was to have the remote program installed on my work computer and then on my home computer so I could perform some job function at home when not "officially working" by connecting to my work computer and its programs.

Gregwards
Location: here......or maybe over there.........no here is good

Post by Gregwards » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:37 pm

gopostal wrote: Yes, there is *NOTHING* you cannot find and download. I mean *anything*: movies, music, programs, tv shows...You cannot name me something I can't find.
there are still things you wont be able to find. the one that popped first to my mind is a deleted scene from a movie called cannibal holocaust i think. there is a scene that was taken out and there are only rumors of why. but back on topic not everything is on the internet.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:32 pm

I'll take that bet. Give me 24 hours to post it, starting tonight when I get home.

What do I get if I win?

Gregwards

Post by Gregwards » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:58 am

if you find it expessially in 24 hours well you done a better job that i did lol. i stopped after bout 30 mins because alot of people are looking for that tape aswell and if they havn't found it i probally wouldnt.

if you win firstly people will probally start calling you a legand and secondly ill buy you your very own nali rabit lol.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:12 am

Do me a favor, and hold off on the bet. Give me till tomorrow to find it. I have several irons in the fire today and I ended up working 13 hours yesterday. I give you my word I won't make any move on this until in the morning. I just have plans for today, and they include very little computer time ;)

Edit: NVM. Found it. Describe which scene you want and I'll post you an mpeg rip.

Gregwards

Post by Gregwards » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:09 pm

gopostal wrote:Edit: NVM. Found it. Describe which scene you want and I'll post you an mpeg rip.
this scene wasnt in the movie. its the pirahna scene thats everyone has been looking for for years.

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Post by Hermskii » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:23 pm

I need a copy of the sex tape that I wish I could have made with Sandra Bullock. Granted it never happened but if you can find that video I'd greatly appreciate it.
~Peace~

Hermskii

David

Post by David » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:38 pm

Hermskii wrote:I need a copy of the sex tape that I wish I could have made with Sandra Bullock. Granted it never happened but if you can find that video I'd greatly appreciate it.
I see some photoshop/video editing being done.....

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:26 pm

gopostal wrote: What do I get if I win?
The following voicepack:
RoboPostal
Plain Old Telephone Service

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:33 pm

I noticed we have a new dedicated board for MHMIII and MHMIV, that's great, but...

"You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum."

Uh? :|
Plain Old Telephone Service

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Post by Hermskii » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:36 pm

Damn permissions... I'll fix that soon eh!
~Peace~

Hermskii