So you're from Houston?

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
MEAT

So you're from Houston?

Post by MEAT » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:27 pm

Yo Herm,

Going back to Houston to visit my family and for Thanksgiving. Any good places to eat that you could recommend?

Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Depends

Post by Hermskii » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:05 pm

What kind of food you like and what kind of money the family likes to spend to eat. If you know the food type like Italian for instance is there a certain dish you are looking for? Would you want it to be the americanized version of it, the Txas version of it or the Authentic version of it etc etc...
~Peace~

Hermskii

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:32 pm

Being from Texas I like TexMex, Barbeque and Sea Food. I was just seeing if you had any taste in food. I have my favorites. Lets compare notes?

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:26 pm

Herm...talking Tex-Mex...2 of my favorites are and have you been to....Ninfa's on Navigation? And the Last Concert in the warehouse district? Talk about putting on some weight...lol

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:51 pm

Oh well.....thx for nothing.

Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Hahahaha

Post by Hermskii » Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:07 am

I just now saw this post. Ninfa's should be about the same where ever you go being a franchise I think. Still, I like Ninfa's alot and suggest the one one at Hilcroft and Richmond. Papasitos is by far the best in Houston for TexMex food. Funny you mentioned the Last Concert. I had never heard of it needless to say never eaten there until about two weeks ago when I started my new job just down the street from that place. I think it is pretty awful actually. The placer itself has a little character but the food sucks pretty bad, actually, it just plain sux all of the way. Their chipsd and salsa is the best thing about the place by far. If Tex-Mex is your thing then try "The Red Onion" at 59 and North Kirby for what they call Latino Fusion. It isn't TexMex but it is awesome. Closed on Sundays. It is awesome! Cheap Tex-Mex would be either of the two "Fajita Flats" located on Wilcrest at 59 or Fondren at near Richmond. They are extra fun on Friday Saturday nights being a very popular spot for Bacherlet parties! The stuff they do there is crazy after 7:00 PM. Another favorite of Mine Is called "Lopez's" off of Wilcrest at 59. Cheap fast and good every single time. The salsa and chips rule there. OK, that is enough. I know my food! Later!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:02 pm

Herm,
Just got back from doing Thanksgiving in Houston....as well as eating all the TexMex I could. I hadn't been to The Last Concert in 2 years and you were right....the food was lacking. Come to find out the head chef left to opened his own restaurant and the owner, that cooks as well, has been busy with her catering business.....Very disappointing. But the original Ninfa's on Navigation is hard to beat and Cafe Adobe on Westheimer is a must if you like your fajitas.