HOH OFFICIAL - Good Morning/Day/Night thread...

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
EvilGrins
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: HOH OFFICIAL - Good Morning/Day/Night thread...

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:05 pm

Hook wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:06 pm
I like virtually ALL animals! (even wasps) :P
Wasps are not animals... they are tiny agents of EEEEEEEEEvil!

a nameless entity
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No

Post by a nameless entity » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:04 pm

Hermskii wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:29 pm
Yes, I nuked the spammer accounts. It has been a long time since I nuked an account!

Hello All! How goes it?
Nice work on getting rid of the spammers, there Herm! :D

And well, since you asked.... I strained my back shoveling snow again this year. 1 minor dump + 1 major dump + 1 mega dump = owww....ch!
Mother nature should figure out how to pace herself so I don't over do it and rediscover that I'm 65, and not 45. :?

Yes, I have a snowblower, but it's a pain to get it out and get it going, let alone clean it off before putting it away again. Also this is the first year in over 5 that I've actually had an excuse to use it. I may get it out tomorrow and do my driveway. The snowplow for the sidewalks and the street have left large mounds that will be tough to clear away. I am also delaying doing the job until tomorrow because it's been dangerously cold outside on Wednesday and Thursday, and not much better today. Saturday it should be a balmy -3C or 27F. Overnight temps this week have been -20C or lower. That works out to -4F and lower! My new gas furnace has been working overtime trying to keep up all week. At this rate it will pay for itself in no time. My heating bills have been way lower since I switched from oil to gas. :)
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:38 pm

Ahhhhhh-ha-ha-ha-ha!

I had to turn on my AC in my car today because it was too hot.

Will you snow blower start up after sitting that long? Do you have to add something to the fuel to keep it good?

Please move to Texas. You will be so much happier! You too everyone except you people in California who vote to raise taxes.
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:24 pm

Hermskii wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:38 pm
Ahhhhhh-ha-ha-ha-ha!

I had to turn on my AC in my car today because it was too hot.

Will you snow blower start up after sitting that long? Do you have to add something to the fuel to keep it good?

Please move to Texas. You will be so much happier! You too everyone except you people in California who vote to raise taxes.
Yes, I add fuel stabilizer to the gasoline. 30ml in 9 liters of gas works out perfectly for my little 10L gas can. I get 9L of gas twice a year. First for the lawn mower, then 9L more for the snowblower. This year I just dumped the leftover gas at the end of October into the snowblower's tank, and didn't bother getting more. Hey, who knew?

As it turns out, I didn't need to fire the beast up after all. Immediately following the nasty and dangerous cold snap, some of that heat from down your way blew all the way up here. It's weird to go from -20C to over +10C in just over one day. The snow started melting furiously, so I shoveled half the driveway on Saturday, and did the rest on Sunday. Today it's Monday, and I shoveled snow farther away from my house's foundation to keep the basement dry. Then I went out the street and shoveled the snow and ice away from the grates over the catch basins so that the melt water could go where it's supposed to. I live on the corner, and my neighbour never does his side of the street corner, so I cleared all four grates myself. That was before noon today. It is now 5 pm and it took until 3:30 or so for my back to stop complaining. :?

I'd love to live in Texas during the winter. I think you guys are no better off though. You have to hide inside during the heat of summer the same as we hide inside during the cold of winter. So maybe I should start playing the lotto again? Doing that snow bird thing sounds better to me every year. :lol:

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:24 pm

Actually, I think Snow Blowing is quite FUN! :P
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:41 pm

Hook wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:24 pm
Actually, I think Snow Blowing is quite FUN! :P
Yeah, you gotta just love it when the strong winds blow it all back in your face! :roll: :P

Actually, the way I feel right now is that the weather gods owe us a terrifically nice spring. We've had two freezing rain/ice storms here, punctuated by a brief thaw that melted all the snow and then let it all freeze solid. Most sidewalks are now covered by up to 1.5" of ice. And it was very dangerous to go out walking at the beginning of the week because even the snow on the boulevards was frozen solid and very slippery. Then we got more snow on top of that mess. Today we're having another thaw, so everywhere will be icy and slippery starting tonight. I spent 3 hours chopping and scraping ice off of my patio, both porches, and walk ways around my house yesterday. I have a sun room on the back deck. I use a snow scraper my Dad made years ago to get as much snow off of its roof as possible, but it doesn't reach all the way to the top. So you get a snow dam up there. This time it was a snow/ice dam, and 2 minutes before I went outside to start working ( I was putting my coat and boots on) it all let go at once and came crashing down onto the patio. :shock: If I had been working there, I might have been seriously injured or even killed by the heavy chunks of snow/ice. :o And that isn't the first near miss of that kind I've had over the years.

I didn't feel like walking downtown to the bank today, so I took the bus. At least the sidewalks have been cleared and salted here downtown. It was an easy walk to get to the library. Last night the sidewalk snowplow went past my house. He had his blade down, but it just ran up and onto the ice sheet on the sidewalk. Apparently his sand and salt hopper was empty by the time he reached my place, because precious little if any was put down onto the ice.
I'm going to be trapped inside for up to another week, it seems. :?

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:11 pm

We had another major ice storm and one mini ice storm since my last post. Everyone's yards were no longer covered in snow, but in solid ice up to 3 or 4 inches thick in places. The snow plowed to the sides of the road and sidewalks was all frozen solid in the form of shattered or shaved ice like you would get if you bought a slushy. :?
Then the week before last, it all started to melt. I was finally able to chip and chop all of the ice off of my driveway over two days, because there was melt water underneath it. And I had already chopped ice off of my walks and patio twice more before I was able to start on the driveway.

The ice on the sidewalks was so thick, and because I live on the corner and there's 200 feet of sidewalk in total in front of and beside my house, I just could not manage to attack it as well. So it all had to melt naturally. Most people couldn't do much with their sidewalks either, and in many places the melt water running down the sidewalks made it just too dangerous to walk anywhere but in the street where the salt and sand had made the pavement dry.

By the way, getting to my slot in the "super mail box" to pick up my mail across the street and up one block this year was dangerous for weeks. There was a slippery ice field all around it for over 75' in both directions, and the snow/ice bank was not easily climbed. How the postman got to the "super box" to load it with everyone's mail for the 6+ weeks it was dangerous to do so must have been an impressive feat of agility. -Once the melting started there was a river of melt water running down the sidewalk along there for days. :roll:

But now most of the ice on everyone's yards has nearly completely melted, and the annoyingly wet sidewalks of last week are now dry, and finally safe to walk on at any time of the day, there being no longer any danger of black ice in the evening. :)

This winter was not the coldest, nor were there any record amounts of snowfall. But with all the ice storms it certainly was the nastiest winter I have ever seen. Thank god it's over!

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:04 pm

Sounds like a lot of fun nameless :roll:

Good day to you all! :D

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:28 pm

Heyo everybody!

I spoke too soon. It's March 31st, so of course it snowed last night, with flurries during the day too. :lol:

It's almost completely melted now, but this snow followed hours of heavy rain. :? Ahhh Spring....... ya gotta luv it, eh?! :lol:

Hook

Post by Hook » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:28 pm

Yeah we had some snow today too!
Pretty though. :P

Hook

Post by Hook » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:27 pm

How is everyone doing - please post!! :wink:

Oh and Hermskii - YOU have a PM from me :)

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:19 pm

All is good here in Houston! Note the date and time as I just saw this and now I know I have a PM from you HOOK. Always better to email me directly for a fast response.
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:36 pm

Hook wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:27 pm
How is everyone doing - please post!! :wink:
Yes, it would be nice to see posts in here from other than the three of us! :wink: :lol:

Dr.Flay

Post by Dr.Flay » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:46 pm

Good mornoonevenight o/
Chaos is going slowly, but progress on the standalone full game is steadily continuing.
Hopefully the cats don't bring in any more birds as that sort of chaos I can do without.
chaoticdreams.org - @TheChaosMod - Web IRChat - [url=irc://irc.quakenet.org/chaoticdreams]IRChat[/url]

Hook

Post by Hook » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:28 pm

Dr.Flay wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:46 pm
Good mornoonevenight o/
Chaos is going slowly, but progress on the standalone full game is steadily continuing.
Hopefully the cats don't bring in any more birds as that sort of chaos I can do without.
Four (4) of us! !!
Stand alone Chaos game - Awesome! :D