Critical UT Error

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
Tleilaxu

Critical UT Error

Post by Tleilaxu » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:05 pm

Readfile EOF 0+4/0

I got this error after installing the S3 fix for UT for OpenGL with S3TC textures, everytime i enter the MH tabs, i get this critical error, goes out of game of course and says the name of the map and ScreenShot NULL, something like this:

(Engine.Texture Mh-NaliVillag][.Screenshot NULL)

Any ideas?

Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Hmmm?

Post by Hermskii » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:00 pm

So, it sounds like you want to use the extra large textures that come on the second cd. Did you install them 1st of all? Next, did you install a new version of your opengl driver? Next, id you go into the setting for your new open gl renderer and set it to "Use S3TC=True"? Did you start UT in safe mode and tell it to use a new renderer and choose opengl? After you would have done all of that, did it work at all? Did you notice skating players which is why you would use the S3 fix file? If so, I'm at a loss. You might look at my how to manual at www.hermskii.com . There is a section under there where I describe the process. I think it is about chapter 4 or 5 listed as tweaking your install or something like that. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Nr.2000
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by Nr.2000 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:27 am

Tleilaxu the textures you got from Spygirl is not set to readme only right?

Plus those textures I told you to move before installing the S3TC fix, don't forget to put them back again.

Tleilaxu

Post by Tleilaxu » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:32 pm

Yes, and yes i did not replace the 3 textures that shouldnt be replaced, and yes i did remove and then replace them, this doesn thappen JUST with MH but with any map that has a screenshot.