Just charge me more, dammit.

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
a nameless entity
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Just charge me more, dammit.

Post by a nameless entity » Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:53 pm

Last week I heard a new to me word used regarding hidden price increases: skimpflation.

This is something I first noticed nearly 20 years ago. We used to buy four packs of Hunts Pasta Sauce at Costco. I stopped doing that some time after 2004, because I noticed that the sauce was now quite watered down. I switched to a Canadian brand called Primo. Their stuff was fine until recently, (although I did notice about two years ago that their Basil and Romano Cheese variety suddenly stopped having real cheese in it, and was switched to a cheese flavour.) -Not a biggie, but in the last six months they've started adding water to their sauces as well, although at this point their product is not as diluted as Hunt's sauces have been for years.

I must admit that the way things have been going lately, that I'm no longer sure if I really do want them to "Just charge me more, dammit". I guess I'll just have to adapt, the same as everyone else these days. :?

And at least I live far away from all of the madness going on in Europe and the Middle East. (And over 25 miles from all of the demonstrations and counter demonstrations happening in Toronto and Hamilton, Ontario. -Two cities that are on either side of me.) :|
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess