The BUF (Beyond Unreal Forum) "Off Topic" section review!

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
cryptophreak
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: The BUF (Beyond Unreal Forum) "Off Topic" section review

Post by cryptophreak » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:08 pm

Hermskii, at least half of your biography on me is wrong, which is not surprising in the context of your posting history elsewhere.

And concerning that other place, I think it's interesting that much of your activity there has been goading others into silly arguments using hyperbolic statements, then childishly crying foul when treated accordingly. I'm not one to second-guess a good game of trolling, but the doe-eyed complaints about "attack squadrons" are insincere and distasteful.

But what I find most telling is that you are not satisfied at that. You must come here to your own private castle to make snide and critical comments, giggling like schoolgirls about people whom you thought would never suspect a thing, with people who have never met them. What a strenuous effort you made to be spiteful! How underhanded! How despicable! How reproachful! Shame on you.

Whereas most of my comments toward you have been silly and flippant and sarcastic and unconsidered -- as fits the character of the other forum -- I am taking this opportunity in another setting to step out of character. I am in all conscience dismissing you personally.
Last edited by cryptophreak on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:26 pm

Please do tell. Inform me of what I have posted in regards to your BIO that you say is wrong and I'll update it.

Nothing sneaky here is going on. I invited folks here to go there and see what I see. Some have and privately agreed with me about what they witnessed there and others share your opinion. That's fair. You are obviously aware that JSR is well aware of this place. I suspect he was actually the one who told you about it but that doesn't matter. This thread is open to the public. Because I didn't tell you about it doesn't mean I'm hiding it from you. I can also assure you at least one admin of BUF is well aware of this place. Maybe he didn't tell you about it here because he is hiding it right?. I haven't invited anyone from "BUF-OT" to here because I didn't agree with the vast majority of you there.

You sound like some of the private messages from several of the folks over there. I hear it from plenty of folks about how the crap that is said is just kidding around and not to be considered serious usually. I've heard it all before. I usually talk pretty straight forward so the gray area of guessing what is real and what isn't is too wide over there for me.

The level of unfairness I have witnessed over there is true. I have to admit that I am shocked at how I was unaware of what I was getting into when I found that forum. I have administrated this and many other forums over the years. I have never seen such a place run in such a one-sided fashion. Perhaps I'm just not worldly enough to comprehend that behavior.

I have thought it over and have pretty much decided to keep my opinions here and not there. I have hardly posted since that post I had was renamed. I can see it is already getting boring over there without me to push around. That is likely much of why you are here. Bored.

I gladly accept your personal dismissal of me. I will also continue to believe that you and your attack squadrons are only there at BUF-OT and not elsewhere because I have never witnessed or heard of any other gaming forum with such a one sided progressive liberal reputation as the "Beyond Unreal Forum Off Topic" section I have now coined BUF-OT.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Smacks

Post by Smacks » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:57 pm

Hermskii wrote: Username: Jacks:SmirkingRevenge (I call him JSR)

* Political stance per USA's terminology: The hardest left leaning Liberal Democrat possible.

* Employment: I'm guessing a state run college or public high school. Social Studies teacher maybe?

* Positive features: Very smart. Very funny. Very dynamic. Very creative.

* Example post: http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=198957
lol holy sh*t dude.
this is just sad.

first of all, I'm 25 years old.
not 40 ish.

I'm not the hardest leaning Liberal possible.
that's absurd. there are people MUCH more Liberal than I; they're called Communists.

I'm not employed full time. right now I'm finishing graduate school in Denver, CO.
currently I work for the Colorado BARS program. I drive around the city attempting to buy alcohol and/or cigarettes in order to ensure that the cashiers are checking ID's. I make 15 bucks an hour and set my own schedule. pretty sweet.

you are correct. I'm smart, funny, and outgoing.
congrats on getting that right.

that is NOT an example of how I typically post.
that's just me making fun of people who "celebrate" the anniversary of 9/11. it's not at all indicative of my style or average content.

...carry on...

a nameless entity
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No

Post by a nameless entity » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:19 pm

Oh I am so going to miss this place if/when I go offline in two weeks! :lol: :lol:
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:19 pm

Yes you are Nameless. Yes you are...

OK JSR. I updated and added a little more crap to your BIO. I used a version of the word piss and you modified a cuss word yourself. There was a time here when what both of us said would have landed each of us in a state of being banned for 30 days. Well, not me because this is my place and all and it is good to be the King as I say around here often but I will ask that you refrain from cussing the best you can in all future posts.

I'm going to carry one now but I'll be watching you! LOL. be sure to give me a better example of something you posted. Don't let it be one of the rare funny gems. Make it one on religion or marriage or republicans or something I mentioned you attack but see if you can find one where you didn't attack. I need to get back to doing more BIOs soon too.
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:30 pm

I have nowhere better to post this photo I took the other day while getting some shots of the fall colour in my neighbourhood, and it doesn't deserve its own thread, so I'll hijack this one for a moment and put it here. :twisted:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:33 am

I'm enjoying AL for this one. Watch how he comes unglued. Awesome! Crypto added his usual weightless opinion too. The thread is about Obama's religious actions I guess. I enjoy watching a bunch of atheist spew their opinions about other people's religious stuff.

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthre ... 276&page=2

I'm shocked Iron Archer's statement didn't take more heat yet. Usually the Red Leader Squadron and Gold Leader Squadron would have already fully attacked. Maybe they detect the trolling and have decided to try a new process verses it.

I think I'll do a bio on AL next. He is all worked up. He's from PA. Is anyone happy in PA?
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:37 am

Well I read or watched most or all of the links contents as well as the posts themselves. That stuff was bizarre, and very scarey on many levels. Republicans against Romney? Obama's secret kill list? The not funny and actually rather repulsive spiel given by that young lady talking about her first time voting? :?

It seems that your country is determined to destroy itself on all levels and in every way possible. I don't have a passport and don't feel inclined to get one. Neither do I feel inclined to get the special drivers license. And without either of those documents I cannot cross the border to visit the USA. And if your country really is spiraling down to a messy end, why would I want to get them?

Of course on the other hand maybe I should get my passport. Then I could visit the USA and see if there are any ordinary "normal" people left down there for myself.

Perhaps all that is happening down there is that your society is remaking itself. Maybe your country won't self destruct and balkanize as predicted by the science fiction writer Robert Heinlein in his novel "Friday". But I fear I'm wearing a very deep shade of pink pair of glasses when I say that. In the back of one of his other novels Robert Heinlein published a treatise on his thoughts about his country and predicted the US debt crisis as it is now. He also glumly also predicted that it would never be paid off.

Herm, once again I advise that you walk away from that forum. Or at least stop making "bios" about the people that hang out there. That smacks too much like the (...... new outfit that you have down there that keeps tabs on everybody.......) and that kind of activity is scarey even of itself.

(Although I suppose it would be good practice should you ever decide you want to move to the north east and go and work for "them". ;) :P )
Hermskii wrote: Is anyone happy in PA?
Nobody is happy in PA any more because it's part of the rust belt. Most of the steel making is gone. There are no jobs there.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:44 pm

I won't read half the links they post since it is too easy to find a link somewhere that will say anything you want it to.

What new organization here that keeps tabs on folks?

To be fair to others that have bios the ones over there that are the most active deserve tabs. So far I have mainly only done some on the people I don't agree with the most but I need a few for folks I do or the ones that have confused me lining up on each side of stuff.

I have pretty much stopped posting there already. Iron Archer is starting to take up the slack and pointing out what I have about the slant view there. They are allowed to post whatever they want there and it might be there right or just allowed by the admins there. I find I have cooled off plenty by not posting there. Now I just get laughs

There are other non political topics there that are awesome and I must follow them too. Such as the gifs and the pictures and the fav videos etc. While I can't agree with much of the political things there, there are a great many creative and humorous things I just can't not watch for. I have to help myself to the other sides of these folks as well. Not just fight them politically. BIOS will continue and hopefully I can give credit where it is due for their positive aspects as well. Surely they will make a bio of me there eventually or maybe here. I'd be interested in seeing what that would say. To see if they posted a single purely positive thing would be of great interest in fact.

Let this rock keep rolling. I see no snow to make it get worse just yet.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:25 pm

Behold: Another link to BUF-OT. This is a fun one too!

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=199303
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:37 pm

I need to stay on this better. here is a pretty good one. These folks over there just don't stop giving...

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=199498

I would come to Gelmer's aid but he was not the best when it came to helping me when they pulled all of this same crap every chance they got. LOL. Poor fella. Poor everyone over there including me.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:39 am

I think they are bored or just reaching out hoping anyone will argue with them at this point. I'll pray to God they get what they want. LOL! I wonder if any of the first 10 posters have kids. I wonder what they tell their kids about Jesus and God and stuff when the topic comes up. Good times over at BUF!
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:35 pm

Hermskii wrote:I think they are bored or just reaching out hoping anyone will argue with them at this point.
Hey, half the point of the internet is to argue with people you'll never meet face to face, unless it's in a game like UT where you can blow the poop out of each other.
would've said crap but I wasn't sure if this forum's censors would grabbed that

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:07 pm

Whooops! I see I failed to post the link I was referring to. I'll go see if I can dig it up and and paste it here.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:09 pm

Ha! That was fast. Here it is:

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=199669

Yeah, if all of these people are serious I'd have to admit that I'd be partially shocked but then again, it is the BUF Off-Topic Forum.

Let them argue all they want I say!
~Peace~

Hermskii