Free Avast 2014 adding advertisement on outgoing emails

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Free Avast 2014 adding advertisement on outgoing emails

Post by Hermskii » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:03 am

Good luck with it Nameless. I hope it does what you need it to. I'm still anxious and willing to remote in and run a series of checks on your PC for you. the whole scan list would take about 3 hours not including me trying to download and install the programs to your PC.
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:14 pm

Microsoft Security Essentials installed nicely. It's very plain Jane. But it seems that the scanner goes into a very thorough mode when you choose which folders you want to have checked. I chose to have both drives C and D looked at as folders, expecting the scan to take about as long as Avast used to do, which was 2-3 hours. The scan took over six hours. Nothing was found. I'm happy.

Too bad support for Windows XP ends on April 8th, 2014. I suppose that will include MSE. :lol:
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:13 pm

a nameless entity wrote:Too bad support for Windows XP ends on April 8th, 2014. I suppose that will include MSE. :lol:
You make a good point here but I think it will keep going. It wasn't just part of XP. It came with Vista and Windows 7 and 8 too I'm pretty sure.
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:17 pm

Hey how about that. I finally got a reply from Avast that might actually be useful.

The fellow suggests that I go and download the latest version of Cr*pCleaner. He assures me in the email that it won't delete anything it shouldn't. All I remember about that program is that you had to be super careful about how you ran it, or you were screwed. Perhaps the later versions are more idiot proof? I suppose I should risk it anyway. But even if it fixes this PC up nicely, I'm not so sure Avast is good for this underpowered unit any more. Hmmmm. This needs considering though.
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

David

Post by David » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:10 pm

a nameless entity wrote:The fellow suggests that I go and download the latest version of Cr*pCleaner. He assures me in the email that it won't delete anything it shouldn't. All I remember about that program is that you had to be super careful about how you ran it, or you were screwed. Perhaps the later versions are more idiot proof? I suppose I should risk it anyway. But even if it fixes this PC up nicely, I'm not so sure Avast is good for this underpowered unit any more. Hmmmm. This needs considering though.

I am just willy nilly about CCleaner. So far I have not had any issues. I use CCleaner once a week and then I use Malwarebytes or SuperAntiPyware to scan afterwards. To make sure I do not have unwanted guests.

But to get back on the CCleaner.......WILLY NILLY with no care in the world. :wink:
Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Dragon

Post by Dragon » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:22 am

I have avast 2014, I pay for it good anti virus program
NEW==> http://www.thereddragonsite.com