Know Better, but.....

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
David
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Know Better, but.....

Post by David » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:20 pm

Have you ever known better but decided to go against what you know/feel?

I just did. I wanted to get a pair of Oakley Flak Jacket sunglasses, but yet I did not want to pay the $150-$210 for it. So if I can find fake Oakleys or glasses that resemble them, then I might take a look at them. I have been looking on websites for fake Oakleys. I know that they are not real Oakleys and I am sure they are no where near the quality of the Oakleys, but if I can get the design similar then it could be a win.

Well all of these websites that sell the fake Oakleys don't accept PayPal. They want your credit card information and I am not that dumb. Like I want to give my credit card info to a known knock off establishment and then have my information used elsewhere without permission. I also saw that they take Western Union or MoneyGram. Now I have never used either payment method before and on their respective websites they (MoneyGram and Western Union) both state not to buy internet merchandise with their services and that in most cases it is a fraud if a seller wants their payment in this method. I choose MoneyGram anyways. I can send money through a secure third party (MoneyGram) to this person in China and hopefully, the worse case scenario is that I am out of the money that I sent (but they do not have my personal information), but if I get the fake glasses and they work, then it all works out.

Has anyone else been so stupid to override your knowledge? I know alarm bells are going off on every step I took, but.. come on $150-$210 for sunglasses...
Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Re: Know Better, but.....

Post by Hermskii » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:52 pm

Nope Stupid!

Hahahaha. Just kidding. My stupidity overrides my good senses often. Usually when I trust people I should not trust but do in the name of the Lord and in trying to help them though unbeknownst to me they are just trying to take advantage of me. I was drawn away from my house the other day to help someone find homes for sale in the area I got into their car and drove around with them showing them houses. they were on the phone the whole time. I got home to find out someone had tried to break into my car per witnesses. I turned back to the guy who I just drove around with and he was gone. I'm a moron for trusting people as much as I do. I am hardening to this evil world though.
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:20 pm

Counter stupidity with patience... if you don't have a birthday coming up, there's always time to add it to your list of what you want people to get you for XMAS.

David

Post by David » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:26 pm

EvilGrins wrote:Counter stupidity with patience... if you don't have a birthday coming up, there's always time to add it to your list of what you want people to get you for XMAS.
I could not and would not ask someone to spend that type of money on sunglasses for me. I am not sure if Oakleys or any brand of fancy sunglasses are worth the money that they are asking for. Yes they do sell and I am sure they have quality plastic lenses, but it is still plastic.

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:15 am

I hope the fake sunglasses work out for you David.

Evil Grins has a point though. Does the Oakley company sell gift certificates? A little help towards the price is nice.

Or you could just take the attitude that "I know better than to spend that much, but I'm going to anyway". -Provided you feel that you need/want them badly enough.

I almost said that it's been a long time since I faced such a dilemma because I've been perpetually broke for the last 25 years after losing my beloved job; but then again I have managed to keep my Harley on the road no matter what, so... that's my example of "to hell with it I'm going to have it anyway". ;) :mrgreen:

Hermskii wrote: My stupidity overrides my good senses often. Usually when I trust people I should not trust but do in the name of the Lord and in trying to help them though unbeknownst to me they are just trying to take advantage of me. I was drawn away from my house the other day to help someone find homes for sale in the area I got into their car and drove around with them showing them houses. they were on the phone the whole time. I got home to find out someone had tried to break into my car per witnesses. I turned back to the guy who I just drove around with and he was gone. I'm a moron for trusting people as much as I do. I am hardening to this evil world though.
Herm you weren't being stupid. The people that tried to rip you off were just deceitful that's all. The only common sense rule you broke was to get into a stranger's car.

I am sending you a pm so you won't feel alone in this situation. (I almost posted the story here, but that would constitute a high-jack of David's thread.)
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:39 pm

Go ahead and Post your story too nameless!
David says (or asks) ...
"Has anyone else been so stupid to override your knowledge?"
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

David

Post by David » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:56 am

Hook wrote:Go ahead and Post your story too nameless!
David says (or asks) ...
"Has anyone else been so stupid to override your knowledge?"
Totally agree :!: :!: :!: :!:

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:43 pm

Alrighty then. I've left the full story up all weekend, and that is long enough. The gist of the gist is:

- you all know how easily you can be let down by someone you trusted. You are not the fool. The fool is the person who betrayed you for short term gain.

I just wanted Herm to realize that he hadn't overridden any common sense by trusting someone.
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

David

Post by David » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:42 pm

Well, got the 2 glasses from China. They, the style itself, is that if the Oakley Flak Jacket, so the style is nice. Each glasses came with its "Oakley" case and cleaning rag.

I took some pictures to show, nevermind the fingerprint you see on one lens, my bad.

(PS Herm did you know you can add pictures by dragging the pictures to text box. I tried it for giggles and it worked. Once you drag the pictures, the pictures will automatically load then you just need to place inline where you want it.)
DSC_1684.JPG
DSC_1685.JPG
DSC_1686.JPG
The lenses are really sharp, meaning sharp, crisp images through the lenses so that is good. But the glasses does have the cheaper feel to them, so I know the quality of plastic is not the same, the solidness is not like with the real Oakley's and the knock offs are painted poorly on the side. But for what I paid, I cannot complain.

So, my financial information is still secure and I got my glasses.. So it ended well I guess.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:41 pm

I did not know you can drag and drop a picture so I grabbed a little image i snapped the other day. it was so small my eyes couldn't see it. I magnified it with my phone and snapped a shot. I dragged it to this from dropbox. You could say this is a test! I can tell it is going to work! This is very exciting too as I have wanted it to be this easy the whole time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:42 pm

Awesome! It works! Thanks for pointing that out David! Congrats on your safe shades purchase.
~Peace~

Hermskii

KellyD

Post by KellyD » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:37 am

@David: pic of you wearing them or gtfo :twisted:

I just want to see if my mental pic of you matches the reality.
Retired. Please email to contact.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:58 am

Yeah! Let's see a modern picture of David with his shades on. Good call.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Tue May 31, 2016 6:57 am

Good to know - I gotta try it soon! :D
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

acanais45

Post by acanais45 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:31 pm

Hermskii wrote:Nope Stupid!

Hahahaha. Just kidding. My stupidity overrides my good senses often. Usually when I trust people I should not trust but do in the name of the Lord and in trying to help them though unbeknownst to me they are just trying to take advantage of me. I was drawn away from my house the other day to help someone find homes for sale in the area I got into their car and drove around with them showing them houses mutuelles TNS. they were on the phone the whole time. I got home to find out someone had tried to break into my car per witnesses. I turned back to the guy who I just drove around with and he was gone. I'm a moron for trusting people as much as I do. I am hardening to this evil world though.
I'm the type to trust blindly. This is one of my faults, but also one of my qualities and I am not ashamed of it.