Facebookistan

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
a nameless entity
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Facebookistan

Post by a nameless entity » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:04 pm

If they harvest stuff even in here, then I have just given away metadata about my attitudes, interests, and etc.

http://tvo.org/video/documentaries/facebookistan

Despite caution, one wonders what they have already, and how they're using it.
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

a nameless entity

Re: Facebookistan

Post by a nameless entity » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:14 pm

I have bumped this topic, because I keep hearing more and more about the dark side of Facebook.

EvilGrins
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:33 pm

You do not know the power of the Dark Side!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:39 pm

You can't hide. You can't go off grid. You can't stop it. Nothing can protect you from the man/your government/ my government/anybody else knowing as much as they want to about you.

Just unlock your doors and let them in. Open your windows too. Open your borders for that matter. For the record, republicans want less government. The people republicans have voted into the congress and senate aren't doing what we who voted for them want them to do. Trump is trying pretty hard though to do what he was voted into office to do.

I digress. Did you ever feel like that you were safe from people gathering data about you? Don't be silly. You can't stop any of it. Shred your paper work at home and don't have or use credit cards or checks. do that and you have a slightly better chance nobody will steal your identity. Just slightly.
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:12 pm

Hermskii wrote:You can't hide. You can't go off grid. You can't stop it. Nothing can protect you from the man/your government/ my government/anybody else knowing as much as they want to about you.

Just unlock your doors and let them in. Open your windows too. Open your borders for that matter.

I digress. Did you ever feel like that you were safe from people gathering data about you? Don't be silly. You can't stop any of it. Shred your paper work at home and don't have or use credit cards or checks. do that and you have a slightly better chance nobody will steal your identity. Just slightly.
If you want your age 65 government pension, they have to know all about you. For my Canadian OAS, I had to give the name and address of a friend who has know me for a long time. Needless to say I called him up and asked if it was okay to use his name. As he's the same age, he suggested we give each other's names and addresses. I got my approval letter a couple of months or so ago, I assume he did too.

Our borders are wide open. Just now it is mostly Haitians who are crossing into Quebec at around 250+ a day, because they're afraid Trump will send them home to a broken, failed country, and poverty. At least they speak French. Not that that would in any way please the racist separatists whose blood must be boiling at the thought of even more non Quebecois (and black, too) coming in to "their country". :roll: :lol: :twisted:

I've been tempted to give up my credit cards, but I like my gasoline discounts and "money on my card" at my favourite store. I use those all the time. They keep track of what I buy regardless, so I take the points in return.
But as I've made clear in the past, I have no use for "social media" or those so called "smart phones". People give away too much on those platforms.
Case in point on those "stupid phones": A woman in this area rear ended a bus at full speed yesterday, and died.
Five will get you ten that she was texting at the time of the accident. :(

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:19 am

Nice, no one is calling me paranoid again! The elite is getting desperate collecting everyone data.

it´s my personal believe after the system collapses, they digged a deep so wide, they are afraid to crossover themselves. I can talk hours about this subject.

I quitted fb a long time ago, I´m still glad I did it. I tell everyone I know that they should not use FB.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:05 pm

I heard on the news the other day that Canada is nearly maxed out when it comes to new immigrants crossing over and staying. True? 250 a day is 90,000 per year. I think Texas alone took in more than that each year for the last 15 years. I admit my numbers may be off but I'm sure it is some huge amount. Many don't speak English. Many drive without license or mandatory insurance. Houston takes the brunt of all of this.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am

Relax guys, any service which you have signed for (Electricity, Internet, Gas, etc.) which is using computers and databases hosted digitally, can "supply" some parts with your identity without these services to even know what's going on in their servers. You can happily stop thinking at privacy and the rest - YOU ARE known.
Do you want a total freedom/privacy ? Yeah ? Are you sure ? Move in a deeper forest out of any public service out of any DataBase - now nobody will know your moves and activity... Are you ready for challenge ?

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:44 pm

No, there's not much you can do about your data being on a computer's database by any company with which you do business. At least nearly all, especially utilities, do not share data. And most charities at least offer a no sharing option.

It is the practices of Facebook, most especially their search and "sweep" engines that are constantly compiling everything about everything they can, and then matching up your every activity on the web that they can grab hold of with your Facebook profile, which is so scary.

A case in point is the "drag queen" entertainer who went by his "stage name" on Facebook, then one day suddenly found that his Facebook identity had been altered to his true name. He had no idea how they got it, and had changed his Facebook name without even contacting him first. He had to fight to get back his alter ego's name, and only won because the whole "drag queen" community raised such a ruckus.

The tax avoidance/evasion that Facebook practices by basing themselves in Ireland is another sore point, among many.

The province of Quebec is now at the point of being overwhelmed by Haitians, and are asking for help. The Haitians are spreading the word throughout the USA that Canada is a good safe haven that will let them stay forever. That is not technically true, and most will not have any basis for refugee status. They will face deportation eventually. I think the Federal government and Quebec are trying to quell the rumor.

Just how many will ultimately get to stay because they've nowhere else to go is another matter. I suspect many will.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:55 pm

I don't say they are sharing data on purpose. It's about "sharing" without their knowledge - not all of them are expert in IT, so no worries, they can be hacked exactly as forums. And why should I trust them ? Do they keep their words ? See ISP companies - do they give what they are promising ? You should not trust everything what they say...

I recall that around year 2005 I could see some announcements in a newspaper "databases for sale". I gotta admit with my tiny brain from that time I did not figure what does that mean, but now I'm sure that they were spreading a lot of information and... making good money with that activity - definitely spyware things were trendy in that time...

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:48 pm

I found it. Here's a famous guy in the Netherlands that really doesn't bother to talk about ' sensitive ' subjects.

It's dutch, but there are perfect English subtitles. It is worth watching every minute. Trust me.

Facebook is a monster, a virus, the destroyer of minds. It is simply evil. It's a digital nestling monster, it lays eggs everywhere. Beat it? > Don't use it.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:08 pm

In the meantime you can drop an eye about how some companies are managing so called privacy. See this sample (it's not an isolated case, no worries). We were speaking about confidential relations... ahah, veeery confidential - myths, yeah read well, mainly all are myths, sooner or later they will have a breach ( discovered - except the rest which usually stays undiscovered ).
http://thehackernews.com/2017/09/deloitte-hack.html

Have a nice lecture!

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:26 pm

Terraniux wrote:I found it. Here's a famous guy in the Netherlands that really doesn't bother to talk about ' sensitive ' subjects.

It's dutch, but there are perfect English subtitles. It is worth watching every minute. Trust me.

Facebook is a monster, a virus, the destroyer of minds. It is simply evil. It's a digital nestling monster, it lays eggs everywhere. Beat it? > Don't use it.
Hey thanks for posting the video Terraniux. That was fun to watch and quite informative. That fellow made many of the important points in the video I posted come to life in a very amusing way.

It was also interesting and fun to see just how many English swear words and phrases have been adopted into the Dutch language. :lol:

And thanks Nelsona, for the link. It seems that no one is safe these days. I am still waiting to see if my personal data was compromised in the recent Equifax data breach. No letter in the mail so far, but they have been notoriously slow in contacting the people hurt by this breach, up to now. Needless to say I am now keeping an extra vigilant eye on everything these days.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:45 pm

I found that link while I was looking about some CCTV vulnerabilities and reading that such a system can be used at DDoS-ing without owner's knowledge, everything goes automated as long as these systems should have a powerful upload speed. Imagine 100 systems affected bombing a poor web-server.
As another note: whoever was using Linux laughing at "Win-doze" users probably they should know that Linux Kernel ported to Android had also nasty exploits (for 17 years) like it was copied from "Win-doze" so what was so cool then ? I'm trying to imagine a navigation computer from a plane compromised and reacting when plane is flying on the sky... I'd rather use a rope and soap than buying tickets for a plane travel, seriously, whatever thing has a Kernel and a computer nowadays, is not safe either, all "smart" devices for me have a target > garbage box, they are trash used for painful actions rather than helping...
OS Trivia: Even Bi11 Gat3$ uses a mobile device having Android - hey, the Lord of Win-dozes is not using Win-doze ? Amazing... So newer versions are badly messed up ? Then why should I change an old XP with other garbage since I don't see what is improved except bringing new gates to exploits based on new embedded stuff intelligently developing more options for more mature attacks. Seriously MS-DOS is probably more efficient nowadays because... has almost nothing as a direct Net support...

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:36 pm

Nelsona wrote: OS Trivia: Even Bi11 Gat3$ uses a mobile device having Android - hey, the Lord of Win-dozes is not using
Win-doze? Amazing...
So newer [O/S] versions are badly messed up ?
Seriously MS-DOS is probably more efficient nowadays because... has almost nothing as a direct Net support...
IBM OS/2 Warp was based on the Amiga's DOS and O/S.

Maybe we need to resurrect the old Amiga O/S and bring it up to modern standards?
Perhaps starting over again and going carefully before release is the only safe way forward?