Dogs and Cats

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
a nameless entity
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Dogs and Cats

Post by a nameless entity » Tue May 03, 2016 9:38 pm

Perhaps one should not dig through old emails. Here's something I got from my brother and sister in law, and passed on to Slade and Blondehottie eleven years ago:
Where do pets come from?

A newly discovered chapter in the Book of Genesis has provided the answer to "Where do pets come from?"

Adam and Eve said, "Lord, when we were in the garden, you walked with us every day. Now we do not see you any more. We are lonesome here, and it is difficult for us to remember how much you love us."

And God said, I will create a companion for you that will be with you and who will be a reflection of my love for you, so that you will love me even when you cannot see me. Regardless of how selfish or childish or unlovable you may be, this new companion will accept you as you are and will love you as I do, in spite of yourselves."

And God created a new animal to be a companion for Adam and Eve.

And it was a good animal.

And God was pleased.

And the new animal was pleased to be with Adam and Eve and he wagged his tail.

And Adam said, "Lord, I have already named all the animals in the Kingdom and I cannot think of a name for this new animal."

And God said, "I have created this new animal to be a reflection of my love for you, his name will be a reflection of my own name, and you will call him DOG."

And Dog lived with Adam and Eve and was a companion to them and loved them.

And they were comforted.

And God was pleased.

And Dog was content and wagged his tail.

After a while, it came to pass that an Angel came to the Lord and said, "Lord, Adam and Eve have become filled with pride. They strut and preen like peacocks and they believe they are worthy of adoration. Dog has indeed taught them that they are loved, but perhaps too well."

And God said, I will create for them a companion who will be with them and who will see them as they are. This companion will remind them of their limitations, so they will know that they are not always worthy of adoration."

And God created CAT to be a companion to Adam and Eve.

And lo, Cat would not obey them. And when Adam and Eve gazed into Cat's eyes, they were reminded that they were not supreme beings.

And Adam and Eve learned humility.

And they were greatly improved.

And God was pleased.

And Dog was happy.

And Cat didn't give a sh!t one way or the other.
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

EvilGrins
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Re: Dogs and Cats

Post by EvilGrins » Wed May 04, 2016 1:07 pm

hee hee!

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed May 04, 2016 11:24 pm

Good stuff.

I'm certainly a dog person but have had good cats before too.
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Mon May 30, 2016 10:18 pm

As I read over what I am writing here, it seems familiar. Perhaps I have said all this before in an old thread in this or another forum. But I am willing to repeat myself. For I think that anyone who would say that a dog or cat does not have a soul has never really had the experience of genuinely loving and being loved by a pet. It is more than just the emotion. And if you have had the experience you just know this is true. There is spirit there, in your pet. And you just know it.
I am very fond of the golden retreiver breed. Those dogs are just naturally friendly, and willing to love anyone who is kind to them.
I would dare to say that most pets are better Christians than most people who claim that they are.

My mother had a near death experience when she almost drowned at around age 11. What she described seeing "on the other side" mirrors what other people have described in books I have read. Many people who have returned described being reunited with pets that had died many, many years before. I feel that this proves that animals have spirit.

But like everything of this somewhat metaphysical sort, you either believe it , or you don't.
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Tue May 31, 2016 6:58 am

I just "know" that is true also nameless! :wink:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

Dr.Flay

Post by Dr.Flay » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:55 pm

Here is some meat to get your teeth into;

Where do dogs come from? Genetic evidence offers a new origin story
http://arstechnica.com/science/2016/06/ ... gin-story/

I covered this story on my radio show last Friday, as I found it very interesting.
I have just had a very doggy week looking after my sisters dog.
He is a cross bred working dog. Beddlington Terrier and Whippet, which creates a fuzzy medium sized Lurcher type dog.
Mostly used for hunting rabbit, and because of the Beddlington hair, it is waterproof and does not shed, so they make a good house dog, but a pain to brush.
Very handsome he is, and once won the prize for "Dog I would most like to take home" at a local dog show.
To be honest, that prize beats any of the others, no matter how pure or fine they are.
Everyone wants to take "Oggy" home.
DSCF0469.jpg
DSCF0423.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chaoticdreams.org - @TheChaosMod - Web IRChat - [url=irc://irc.quakenet.org/chaoticdreams]IRChat[/url]