Shutting it down

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
KellyD
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Shutting it down

Post by KellyD » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:22 am

I'll be logging out for the final time now. Herm, you may close this account if you like. Hey, you should ban me just for fun :D I'm totally fine with that. It would be a fitting end don't you think?

Gotta quit to concentrate on my health. Things are just at that point now and I can't ignore it any longer. It's been a lot of fun guys.

If anyone needs me for something just email me or stop by my TS server (71.11.73.50). Please don't PM me here or at any UForums any more as I won't see them or reply. Thanks for the games and fun guys. C ya around.

-Kelly
Retired. Please email to contact.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Re: Shutting it down

Post by Hermskii » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:17 am

Holy Crap and hell no! I'm at work so more on this later.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:39 pm

No offense kelly, but quiting UT will be only decreasing your health. There is no point in exiting when you are living with the feeling to be wanted back in UT and giving up your presence.. Stay, you are wanted ;) :mrgreen:

Talk to us!

KellyD

Post by KellyD » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:21 pm

I've been fighting this stuff for several years T and it's just exhausting. I'm at the place now where I come home from normal work and I have to take a nap to make it through the evening. I lost another two pounds in the last couple of weeks and that has me beginning to stare at the 150's (high 60's in kg). That's just not tolerable and I've got to get it to stop. God forbid the cancer fires back up right now, I have zero room to work with. It would kill me super quick.

I hung in a lot longer than I should have but I really do love Unreal. It's sad to give it up but it's time. If we spent 2 minutes in a room together and you could see me you'd go "Yup, you better sit down. And eat something while you are at it."

Oh, BTW...in my closing post at OU I posted the dragons. I'll tack those on here too in case anyone ever wants to play with them. They require Unreal 227 patch to play and they will *not* work in UT. There are a ton of effects that are specific to Smirf's patch work.
Dragons download: INIsDragons.zip
Compileable source code: DragonSourceCode
I'm glad to have gotten those done before this. I really didn't want to leave them incomplete.

Anyway, Herm it's been an honor. As always you are welcome to call if you need anything. If you are interested I'll send you a couple of current pics and you will see where I'm really at and you'll understand. I just don't want to post them and it becomes my legacy. I want to be "that guy that did stuff for monsterhunt" not "that guy that got so sick, did you see him? Eww."

Hook
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:01 am

Good luck to you there Kelly! :D
I sincerely hope you will soon beat this!
Until we meet again! :wink:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:19 pm

KellyD wrote:I'll be logging out for the final time now. Herm, you may close this account if you like.
Herm (with all due respect) ignore this. I'm not trying to start trouble or anything, but at least twice in the past 2 years Kelly has said he's gonna leave various UT forums forever... and he always comes back.
KellyD wrote:Hey, you should ban me just for fun :D
That would be kinda fun... but howabout something else? Instead of banning him, is there any way to get his account listed as a zombie or something??

Kelly has worked on a lotta zombie mutators & mods.

KellyD

Post by KellyD » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:42 pm

EvilGrins wrote: he always comes back.
I can assure you that won't be the case. I'm in a place now that you just don't 'come back' from. It's very much a matter of how long I can hold things at this level before slipping backwards again.

Please allow me to choose to close out my membership in a unique way, something that is cool. My legacy is really important to me. I want future gopostals to look at the archives and see someone who lived in this digital world. I don't want to be someone that slowly died in it and was never allowed that final salute. It may appear to you that I "keep coming back" but you simply don't see the struggle I've had over the last couple of years to maintain some level of normalcy. I can't keep it up now and so for me it's game over man, game over.

I just logged out of all the rest of the UForums but Herm's was one of my first and I'd like it to be my last login. I leave it up to you to decide Herm. You do what you think is best and I'll abide by that.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:26 pm

Then I have to take a break if a man with some experience is moving away... :|