Anybody going to bother watching the Olympics?

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
a nameless entity
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Anybody going to bother watching the Olympics?

Post by a nameless entity » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:41 pm

So, will any of you be paying attention?

I'm not a big sports fan. I often only just pay attention to the sports news during the playoffs, and only if a team I may happen to be following is doing well.

So today I was a bit annoyed at first when the CBC canceled my usual afternoon TV shows for Olympic coverage.
But the first game was Canada's women's soccer team playing against the odds on favourite Australian women's team, "The Matilda's". There's a heat alert on for today, so I thought what the heck, I'll stay inside and watch this instead anyway.

You should go and watch the highlights online. The game was an excitingly awesome nailbiter. I won't spoil it any more for you, other than to say that nameless just spent a great afternoon! :D
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Terraniux
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Re: Anybody going to bother watching the Olympics?

Post by Terraniux » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:32 am

No, Ive never spend much time concerning the olympics. Unless the dutch is able to get another piece of gold this year.
Then I just watch that 1 competition, because it will be the word of the day, on the street and news.

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:02 am

I usually watch some of it!
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:00 pm

I'll try to be all over the women's soccer and the gymnastics. I like to see Bolt blow away the others in track too.
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:14 pm

Hermskii wrote:I'll try to be all over the women's soccer and the gymnastics. I like to see Bolt blow away the others in track too.
I think Mr. Bolt should change his mind and see if he doesn't have at least one more Olympics in him in four years time. That long legged man is a powerhouse of strength and speed! 8)

I must admit that in the women's soccer final between Sweden and Germany, I was hoping for a little "schadenfreude" against the Germans. But they got lucky again when a free kick by the Germans bounced off the goal post and hit a Swedish player and bounced off of her and into the net. So with the freebie they won gold with a score of 2-1. :?
I'm hoping to see that in the sports highlights on the news tonight, so I can see just how it happened.

I messed up on the start time of the women's match for the bronze medal in soccer. But I saw the last 1/3 of the game. Miss Rose's near miss on making the score 3-0 was thrilling.
But I must say that the Brazilian team had an excellent passing game, and were able to put on a lot of pressure and finally score with around 12 minutes left to play.
The impression I got from the commentary was that their defensive play was far too passive, lackadaisical, even. Which explains the 2 break away goals Canada got. They got lucky on the third break away attempt, when it hit the post and zigged out instead of in.
Overall I'd say Brazil made Canada earn its Bronze medal; but earn it they did. :D
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:47 pm

I enjoyed some Phelps. I didn't see a single women's soccer game and am pissed about that. I never new there were so many women name Simone. I loved tat trial race where the Canadian and Bolt were smiling at each other during the end of the race. Also loved when the USA female gymnastic team got to meet the Zack Efron guy they had the hots for. Loved when that guy shadow boxed in front of Phelps in the waiting room and Michael made that evil sith lord face. AWESOME. Expect many memes from that. I saw some thing where gymnast all climb on each other 2 and 3 tall and do cool poses. Way cool! Loved the Jesus statue over the whole thing. Jesus is my Lord God. Watched some archery and shotgun stuff. Cool. Track and field usually rules and was pretty good. Sad to see our volleyball girls not win the whole thing but still amazed all of them (all female teams) have near perfect bodies.

Totally hate those guys on our swim team falsely accused Brazil of holding them up. HATE THAT! DAMN!!!!!!!

What am I forgetting?
~Peace~

Hermskii