I want to say thanks to Hermskii

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
maximebeauvais

I want to say thanks to Hermskii

Post by maximebeauvais » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:02 pm

Hey,

I'm long time player of UT but for the last 5 years I did not really had a chance to player (2 news addition into the family) and my gaming time was limited.

However there are a few people here that want to play a Lan Party so I decide to setup a UT server on a PIII server and I have followed the doc.zip document on your web site and it's very helpfull!!!!

There were a few thing that I did not remember and never really understand before.

Now my PC server is ready and we will have our lan party soon.

I have 2 questions: where to get more map? and I do remember that my friend (the one that was doing the lan party setup before) had a kind of program and he was able to setup 2 or 3 game at the same time on his PC server so we could play in team of 4 or 6 peoples at the same time (deathmathc or ctf). I don't have any contact with him and I don't remember how he was doing that.

Thanks again.

Flatus
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by Flatus » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:34 am

What kinds of maps would be the 1st thing. If you want to get a variety, then go to http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/

As for setting up a LAN, etc. go here: http://theadminpage.planetunreal.gamesp ... tedLAN.htm & much more here: http://www.tweak3d.net/articles/howtola ... ndex.shtml

maximebeauvais

Post by maximebeauvais » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:44 am

thanks a lot :)

on my PC server, it is possible to setup 1,2,3,4...etc UT dedicated server on the same time OR do I need on PC for every dedicated UT game?

will a PIII will be enough?

thanks again and sorry if they are dump question :roll:

Hermskii
Site Admin

Enough

Post by Hermskii » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:10 pm

A PIII will be enough to run several server installs on the same computer at the same time. I once ran 5 at the same time from a Pentium 200. Really! It wasn't bad either. More on this stuff later. I'm very very busy with work but will get to you and your questions. Promise. Thanks for coming to join us at the forum. Later!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Welcome

Post by Hermskii » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:40 pm

You are welcome. I'm pretty sure I explained how to run many copies at the same time in my manual too. It also sounds like you may be talking about the MapVote that allows several types of UT to be played from the same server like DM, CTF, MH and DOM. Is that what you meant?
~Peace~

Hermskii

maximebeauvais

Post by maximebeauvais » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:49 am

Hey...thanks for you help and reply....really really appreciated. Yesterday I went only for a few kill online :twisted: :lol: :lol:

Back to my server...I was able to setup 3 servers on my PIII and with my 2 other PC I was able to connect to it and play with no problem and no lag at all!!! this was a good news.

My other question was more about the logistique of what and where to play during a lan party.

I do remember that we where around 20 peoples and the first hours was to play all together in one map some deathmatch game in order to see who is the best and who is the worst.

Then we form some team depending on the result of the deathmatch. #1 with #20, #2 with #19..etc and we were playing some CTF game. but I don't remember how we were choosing which server to play which team to play against......etc. how to get the result of the game..who won, who lost...etc I think one of my friend told me that the guy that was running the server was using a sotfware to tell people where to play, what color to have...etc

So are you aware of a server or the method to setup the team, result...etc

THANKS again for your help, I'm now back to UT...I don't know how I mist all those year without UT !!!

Hermskii
Site Admin

Don't know.

Post by Hermskii » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:05 pm

I just don't know to be honest. CTF servers automatically try to break the teams evenly I think but I never play it so I don't know. Sorry. Please try the forum at www.beyondunreal.com and see if they can help. I get lots of my answers there and at www.unrealadmin.com
~Peace~

Hermskii