Hurricane Harvey hitting Hermskii - AGAIN!

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
a nameless entity
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Hurricane Harvey hitting Hermskii - AGAIN!

Post by a nameless entity » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:02 pm

Hook wrote:
Hermskii wrote:So many things could be better.

My family and I are blessed that we have dodged this bullet.
Yes to both! :D

My Brother lives in North Port FL.
Irma went right over his area, but he is fine! YAY
He had updated all his Hurricane barriers on his house in the last year or so, so things went well for his house.
This was a great thing to do! :wink:
Hey Hook, I'm pleased to hear that both Herm and your brother dodged a bullet.
There's no news out of Houston that the reservoirs failed, so I assume that now that it is one week later, the water levels are down.

As you know, your brother is right next door to Pt. Charlotte. My parents rented a house on Dorchester Street in Pt Charlotte from January to May for 8 years in a row. I used to fly down to visit them once a year. The first year in 1988, Pt Charlotte was still pretty much a small town, and North Port was a separate community. By the last year they stayed down there it was all one huge town, with lots of big box stores and a new Walmart that was twice the size of the old one. (With a commensurate increase in traffic!)
I used to fantasize about buying a house there if I won the lotto. I planned to build on an empty lot facing west, so that the evening sun didn't shine on the lanai. I also planned to install hurricane shutters and etc. I guess I would have been glad I did!
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Terraniux
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Post by Terraniux » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:51 am

Any update on this? How's it going over there Hermskii?

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:59 pm

There are still a few places that I deal with here in Houston that are shut down. Streets have detours. Some main roads still not open. Some neighborhoods still flooded because they still let the water out from the reservoirs in a controlled fashion so as to make sure they don't break. I think we still have about another week of this. My neighborhood is already like it never happened.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:42 pm

Glad to hear that, how is the rest of Texas? Any worst case scenario's happened or still to happen?.

Thank you for replying.

a nameless entity
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No

Post by a nameless entity » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:24 pm

What a strange year it's been weather wise. The whole continent but for Ontario, Quebec, and points directly south have been baking all summer -wildfires and all. While we have had tons of rain and cool weather.

Two weeks ago we were freezing to death with mid October temperatures, and everyone was wearing long sleeve shirts and jackets. Then last week was nice, and now this week we are nearly boiling with high 80's (26C - 30C) and humidity. And the longest stretch of no rain since last year.
I'm guessing that those two new hurricanes that are currently the latest threat to the Caribbean, are also pumping up hot and humid air from the Gulf of Mexico. Ordinarily, I'd be planning to take the air conditioner out of the window by now. But it is running at the moment, and should have the house nice and cool by the time I get home from the library.

My prayers are for Puerto Rico and the surrounding areas, as they get hit by Maria. I forget the name of hurricane #3 that is on its way. Let's hope it just blows out into the Atlantic.
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:00 pm

I'm sorry for what's happening there, but it looks like weather on Planet is changing into a bad thing. Take a look at the child of hurricane was was doing here - not that far from me.
https://youtu.be/dym5kEF-c2M
Shortly, see at 2:10 .... :|
Buildings are not ready for such weather and neither people here... and this is a bad surprise...
8 people died including a teenager student having 24 years being caught in the car by some heavy thing felt over him because of wind, dying almost instantly...