Downloads

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
gopostal

Downloads

Post by gopostal » Thu May 07, 2009 7:04 am

You guys know I host the Vault for invasion, but I am going to try to set up as thorough a downloads section as I can for MH this weekend. I'd like to have some place to store my custom script and also to mirror all the files I can for everyone.

Does anyone know some good software that will help me sort and maybe add descriptions to the downloads? I'm not wanting like a forum type thing but something more like an FTP front end. If not, I'll just build FTP folders and put things into sections.

gopostal

Re: Downloads

Post by gopostal » Thu May 07, 2009 8:45 am

OK, I've got the beginnings of a total file download section set up. The directory will be here:
http://agutgopostal.com/Monsterhunt/
It's empty right now *but* I'll install categories and stuff starting tonight. If you have ANY files you want put into the mirror, use this folder here:
http://agutgopostal.com/Monsterhunt/submit/
You can put things into the folder there and they will be sorted and added into the general mirror. If I know you, pm me and I'll give you direct access to the ftp sections and you can upload your files where they need to go.

Now, I'd really like some help with how to sort sections. Obvious ones like "Maps" and "Skins" are ok, but are there smaller categories you'd like to see? Ideally I'd like to make it very obvious with few "drill down" subfolders to wade through. At most, I'd like every file to be only 2 folders deep (like click on "maps" to get "MH maps...THM maps...etc" then click on that subfolder to see all MH maps). I could VERY much use some help with this if you guys are serious about wanting a solid mirror for all the files.

Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Downloads

Post by Hermskii » Thu May 07, 2009 11:16 am

Good idea. I can help with filing conventions.
~Peace~

Hermskii