Known Bugs in UT

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
EvilGrins
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Known Bugs in UT

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:15 pm

On a random note, what *POTS* said about 'ghost monsters' I've seen happen with bots too. On the plus side, at least the bots usually can't hold a weapons when that happens to them.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:21 pm

gopostal wrote:Never-ending Teleporting Queen
One of the most annoying glitches: a Queen is stuck in the "translocating mode" and it seems like there's nothing that can awake her. Sometimes if you shoot at the Queen you may "unfreeze" her though.
Actually, I've found that a significant explosion unfazes that effect. Granted, it's gotta be something in the range of a redeemer, which basically lifts it from where it is and knocks it far away; don't shoot it direct, hit the ground near it.

The Queen basically stops translocating as if in confusion as to how it got where it eventually landed.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:21 pm

Ehe, SkaarjTrooper problems took me some hours to see the issue. In fact MyWeapon is replaced in CheckReplacement, say bye to MyWeapon. Incorrect done MonsterBase, that's it. Any weapon is compatible but is missing when is replaced. See SkaarjOfficer Case. Based on wrong typed code RazorJack was writen RajorJack which means the replacement from default MonsterHunt is destroying any RazorJack. So, Our Skaarj is lost in world and invincible because UTJMH has added a PlayerPawn (he is player until has weapon) in Team 0. Conclusion: Kill him if you can at FriendlyFire 0. If you do a check in STrooper code will see what I'm trying to say, even weapon is instructed to touch the Skaarj right in his PostBeginPlay, this is not happening as long as the weapon is suddenly dissapering. Things are worse when the server is more loaded than default MH. And let's see if the Skaarj is spawning later in Air and falling without taking weapon with him. Is a default pickup problem. Even relic is happening to be tossed by a human player, but you need to step away and then come back to re-pick it up.

In my mod I'm not using that replacement anymore. Problems gone. They pissed me off so many years, now is my time to revenge.
The queen problem ?
Is resolved in MH class, in timer. Here is other problem: queen is instigated by a player. The player can be boosted or can retreat somewhere out of Queen's sight range. While the player is camped far away, the queen will loop in teleport until Christmas. Actually these minor so called bugs can be easily tweaked and resolved.
The Queen is allowed to teleport a bit, no more than a second. If will continue teleporting she is forced to go in state Waiting. First attempt to fix queen was done by Gopostal. I decided to stop checking QueenDest, is just other load for server, I simply control it using a decent timer, and queen's behavior is more close to a real monster not a dumb one.

Good !
Now I'm really interested about those bots ghosted. If is about a bot which get a hit from HyperClusterFlak, this time I inform you about HyperClusterFlak that is a real UT garbage, I never see such a bullshit in my life. Not once that weapon blocked a mover, made 1337Mercenary to lose his mind, a bot entered in a kind of coma, a tentacle skin run away from body making a real crap, in 3 seconds I stopped server full of angry and I removed any over-powered crap. See also BlackSharkLauncher and NapalmRocketLauncher from package RocketsUT or like this, anyway that map can crash servers sometimes.

If is other environment with a Bot ghosted I really want to know what is about.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:45 pm

This isn't a bug exactly but I'm curious if anyone has encountered it regardless.

In CTF repeated nukes will damage the alarm that tells you your flag has been taken. Sure, the announcer usually says something or a blue text goes across the center screen, but the main alarm is a klaxon sounding thing, kind of a siren.

I rarely play CTF with the Redeemer Arena mutator as it's impossible to win... though sometimes fun. I do often play with standard weapons plus the Deemerfireworks mutator. It's got a lousy skin but it basically fire like a normal redeemer except it fires off multiple red & blue mortars, each one hitting with the force of a Redeemer blast.

Not CTF but only example I have handy:

That's normal fire. Alt fire is the "you fly it around" with a rocket gun attached. I rarely use that as it's not as destructive.

Anyway, I've noticed the flag alarm gets all warped and wobbly anytime after one of these has passed over the flag's position. Understandable as it'll probably hit the stand with about 20 or more nukes.

The alarm tends to stay warped the rest of the game, getting worse if that area receives more hits.

Anybody noticed anything similar to this with other mutators?

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:45 pm

Nope but I do want to mention your screen shots are always very clear and always very colorful.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:11 pm

Yes, I agree with Hermskii. - Nice pics!

Also...
So YOU are DoppleGanger eh?
Thank you for trying our CMM Server!
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:34 pm

I did?

Oh.

You're welcome.

Truth, while I've a few faves saved (like 6) often I just randomly wander around and see what's kicking on the Monsterhunt servers.

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:43 pm

At least I think you were on CMM.
Well, try it if you really haven't. :wink:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777