Known Bugs in UT

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
Ice
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Known Bugs in UT

Post by Ice » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:52 pm

gopostal wrote:You'd do everyone a favor by just shutting the hell up for a while.
Lets not encourage anyone to shut up for any reasons
We're supposed to be keeping it nice from now on right? :wink:

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:56 pm

BIO, that's the problem gopostal was talking about:
*POTS* wrote: Never-ending Teleporting Queen
One of the most annoying glitches: a Queen is stuck in the "translocating mode" and it seems like there's nothing that can awake her. Sometimes if you shoot at the Queen you may "unfreeze" her though.
Maybe you've never noticed it before.
Ice wrote: Lets not encourage anyone to shut up for any reasons
Yes please, both the forum and the server are already kinda inactive... :roll:
Plain Old Telephone Service

Ice

Post by Ice » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:03 pm

No, I think Bio was just talking about that he took out her shield ability.
The teleporting and shield are different. The shield is a defense ability
where the never ending teleport is just annoying.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:07 pm

Ah yes Ice you're right, I've read that carefully, maybe the only way (or the easiest one) to fix the endless teleporting was to get rid also of the shield, I really don't know. :?

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:51 pm

Invisible Trooper Weapon Glitch
Have you ever faced a Skaarj Trooper (or Officer), killed him and you were unable to find his dropped weapon?
Have you ever been pissed cause someone else was actually lucky enough to get a dropped Skaarj Insta/Rifle/etc.?
There's no magic, the dropped weapons are somewhere on the ground, but you can't find them since they become invisible once dropped, for some unknown reason.
(Thanks to Biomech and HellFire for the input)

Thigh Pads Tele-stealing Glitch
Let's suppose there's a map with many thigh pads (or body armors) stored in a relatively small place (for example: MH-Andromeda or MH-City) and a random player grabs all of them at the same time; it doesn't happen often but sometimes you may be able to see some of those armors disappearing right in front of you for no apparent reason, before you can even get them.
As a matter of fact some of those armors are transferred to the first player who grabbed them, but as soon as the player dies or is disconnected, everything goes back to normal.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:13 pm

I looked this thread over and I think I've gotten all the MH problems fixed. I will follow this though if you guys think of other things to include.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:10 pm

Where do you have it all fixed? Is it in a mod format? Does the fix work accross the board for all versions of MH and should it with all mods? I know you have the web site now but I thought you were planning on slowing down. Wait, this is slow for you. All rested now? ready to get busy again? LOL
~Peace~

Hermskii

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:23 pm

I've been rebuilding the base MH mod but so much is wrong I ended up working back and forth between MH and mayhem (which will be renamed after all this to something neutral).

In a nutshell I brought a large chunk of the MH mod code into the mayhem mod and now you run the mod only, not the game. This gave me the ability to get at all the things that were wrong and do it the correct way.

Once I am done, there will be a new gametype called "something" monsterhunt. For now let's call it UpgradedMonsterHunt. When you load a server you'll load the gametype as: "UpgradedMonsterHunt.MonsterHunt" and you will not need to load the add on mod, it will load itself. For example, here is my mapvote config line I'm using now:

Code: Select all

CustomGameConfig[0]=(bEnabled=True,GameClass="MHMayhemv3.MonsterHunt",NewPrefix="MH",mutators="",Settings="GameSpeed=1.15")
This will not break MH maps, nor will it screw up the servers listing in the normal MH tab. If you look in the server browser you'll see the test server ;) All in all, there are some minor quibbles but this fixes the mod right. Additionally the framework will be there for any group to use this and go however they want in any direction and still keep everyone under the umbrella of monsterhunt, preserving the existing maps.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:26 pm

If is permitted, I bump this topic. I started some research in these skaarj problems. Actually I can say they are 99% resolved correctly and 1% forced resolved. I mean I don't have any more troubles with them.

Is a bit long and nasty story but is very logic.

Skaarj is in map at begining of game usually - maybe I don't explain this well because of my english, but anyway. His wife weapon is spawning exactly in his location and is attemptimg to touch the Skaarj. If the skaarj get the weapon will be a monster (ScriptedPawn), if the skaarj don't have weapon will be a player, usually they are players to have the feature to pick up something (even a relic). We can say thanks a lot to Shrimp for ideea to replace OLD inventory with NetWork code fixed inventory. What is happening if the server is a bit loaded with some timers ? Suddenly the wife weapon is dissapearing being replaced with other thing strange right in Base Mutator created using DMmutator model. Now our guy Skaarj is not so glad about his new aquisition. Sometimes they can spawn in air and mess the weapon being still player. Why is invulnerable ? Well Based on UTJMH code and continuing this ideea to force players in RED team this Monster player is added in team, YES you read well, is added in team 0. At friendly fire 0 you cannot kill him ever. The Skaarj is player until has a weapon. After getting something in hands suddenly will be monster, normal monster.
OK, but we don't know why the weapon dropped when you kill him is invisible (bugged). Simple and logic. Unreal Tournament contains a code for players and bots to drop weapon when they are killed, yes they are tweaked by default. But there is not any code according to ScriptedPawns, in fact any default game has settings like bNoMonsters=True, they weren't ever intended for NetPlay. This means MonsterHunt as game would be better to be considerred this code as a necessary one to be updated, but was not updated. Even in default MH you can see SkaarjSnipers in F5 teamview. Ideed is not the single thing forgotten, even carcasses have some collision troubles. Some guys granted permissions to Shrimp for using a few codes but our coder didn't used some necessary codes, he just took what he considerred good but was not enough.
In my last compiled game-type MonsterHunt I removed those replacement functions harmfull for Skaarj and I transferred operations to a function Timer which is working slowly releasing resources and delivering a better game, weapon is replaced with another good and is declared as being original - and our skaarj is satisfied about it. Another function for players and bots named PreventDeath was updated with Skaarj case, and these things works fine now, I mean you can use and you can see the weapon dropped by skaarj when he die.

Indeed rarely can happen because of the slow function to mess up a Skaarj, in this case our guy is checked if has a weapon, if don't have one, will receive an ASMD. Why I cannot see any Skaarj at F5 ? Well, I declared a rule to not be added a ScriptedPawn in team 0, and such a guy if is or not with weapon will be out of player mode.

These things with Skaarj took me good hours to find the problems, but I resolved them.

Other UT bugs ?
I think is not recommended to be posted, anybody can read and can use exploits to create troubles.

Appologise if I bumped bad this topic.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:01 pm

This is all good. If you are happy now with the solution, what will you move to work on now?
~Peace~

Hermskii

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:51 pm

Well, next move ? I want to play a few time to see other things not really perfect. Sometimes you can see a bad position of the monster. Is about a monster levitating, is a bit higher shown not in real position. You need to fire lower, in assumed ground position not where you see it. This can happen in places with many monsters. In fact in such a place even if you have a shadow for monsters will dissapear. Maybe I don't really see what is nedeed here but something is not correctly done. As I saw, monsters have a Net priority different from players. Is needed a refresh of data transmitted by server ? Here I don't have an answer, I'm just looking to see the trouble source.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:42 pm

Hmm this thread is old and I agree it should be made private or something. On the other hand at least people may know why some things happen and try to deal with those.

Anyway I see certain players openly discussing about exploits in certain other forums and nobody seems to care much about it. Just an indicator of what most of the UT communities have become lately...

Whatever, back on topic: you forgot to mention the "ghost monsters": some monsters that despite of the fact they've been killed they're still there, showing a red negative health value and can kill you! If you manage to shoot them once they will vanish though. I also noticed those "levitating monsters" and plenty of other glitches/bugs.
I think most of them are caused by bad conversions of co-op/SP maps.

Thanks for the detailed explanation anyway.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:40 am

Hm, that problem with "levitating monsters" is not only in bad SP converted. Is something about mod. I saw last Ecoop game with latest fixes. I don't really know if can return accesed nones or how stable is a server with that game, but there are basic rules when we want ScriptedPawns in Network. Is about avoiding BotPack as much as possible, also there are a few tweaks needed for such a game. All monsters have a shadow, a TorchFlame is updated correctly in Network, decals are tweaked well. All calls to kill messages are completelly redone, is not any call like HeadShot or xxxKill. Functions are defined and is involved strongly GameInfo, even I didn't see any TournamentGameInfo called either.

Yes, 2 times I saw that Ghost Monster with -11 Health by example. The strange thing is that something described in BotPack I don't remember now exactly the class mentioning this -11 health to be a safe value for.... bla, bla. This means an incorrect replication for that monster which suddenly have the same properties as player which is wrong by default. UT has a setting bNoCheating = True by default. This means you cannot be God in network as you want. A Mercenary, can be God. Something is bad here can cause a conflict. Now I don't dig for this too much, last time I really didn't see this bug, were only 2 times in default MonsterHunt used with mutators. In my last game I didn't see this yet, especially since I removed Invulnerability and Imunity of some classes, we want a fair play not craps. But I think I have a solution just in case of problems appeared (timed controlled):

Code: Select all

function timer()
{
checkghosts(); //called each second

}

function checkghosts()
{
foreach AllActors(class'ScriptedPawn', S) //We Scan Monsters
{
If ( S != None && S.Health < 1) //If we have monsters and Monster with health 0 or less 
S.Destroy();   //Destroy them, we already killed them, so we scored already
}
Or can be used a faster code involving PawnList for a faster check. I think I can call this even using AlwaysKeep, but is too much server stress for rarely meet bugs, so I recommend timer.

This work can eliminate a lot of troubles caused maybe by BotPack, BotPack is just for Humans vs/and/or Bots.

My problem is "levitating", this is really unknown for me. I'll be glad if somebody can point me into a direction, maybe I can find the cure. This kind of fake Skin versus body position is boosted by ServerCrashFix when you are firing with any Minigun in a big and heavy Monster. Will see the skin pushed out of body creating a ghost image of action. Since I removed ServerCrashFix, bug gone, but levitating still exists.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:51 am

And I forgot something. I post here Only and Only nasty troubles which can be resolved. Other things without cure but not important doesn't really matter. Worse things without cure don't expect me to post them here. Guess why :)) ......

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:13 pm

The only reason Skaarj Troopers become invincible if they're unarmed is in conjuntion with certain weapon modifications or mutators. The Skaarj Troopers are always spawned with a weapon but in a weapons conversion situation the replacement weapons isn't always compatible with the Skaarj.

In some cases it's because the weapon doesn't pop up where the Skaarj Trooper 1st spawned.

I've never seen a case of a Skaarj Trooper losing a weapon. As the monster, not the model, has unlimited ammo with whatever weapon, except the redeemer, it picks up, I can't imagine any circumstances it would drop its weapon.