UT Mods/Mutators

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
*POTS*

UT Mods/Mutators

Post by *POTS* » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:09 pm

I've found this really useful thread on the BU forums so why not sharing it?

:arrow: UT Mods/Mutators

:arrow: FreezeTag AKA TeamFreeze v1.20
After version 1.0 FreezeTag was renamed to UT TeamFreeze. You can grab v1.20 here: http://www.wootabulous.nl/request.php?216
:arrow: FreezeTag AKA TeamFreeze v1.25
This is the latest version available of the mod, thanks to BigBoss for the link. :wink:
http://www.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=M ... Frozt.umod
Plain Old Telephone Service

EvilGrins
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: UT Mods/Mutators

Post by EvilGrins » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:52 am

Thanks for the link.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:52 pm

How'd i miss this? I never saw this thread until now. Thanks POTS.
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:55 pm

I had a nasty bout of insomnia and trolled thru the unanswered posts...

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:05 pm

Back, talking about mods, mutators, I worked these days to some improvements.

I noticed that sometimes you can fight with a few monsters arround and is heavy to avoid projectiles, seems to be a visual problem. I changed classes with "some aliases", the same look, but with a bit of smoke trails to be more visible. A few mappers used for monsters some UnrealI projectiles which don't have more things according to decals, this triggered me to put up some smoke.

Another nasty problem is about to be resolved. I rarely saw such a "ghost monsters", but I want to test if still exist. Version is not still on-line, I'm thinking to other things.

Now I'm checking different options. This is other madness from mapping.

A monster claimed TeamLeader - big crap. There is not any monster team and not any leader in MonsterHunt, I tried to put a TeamTag for monsters to avoid their fight directly according to ScriptedPawn code but not worked, I think will work only if the game is named TeamGame. So, if anybody study a bit the problems will see what is recommended to be done and what is needed to be avoided.
Another stupidity was to see a melee attacking monster with bHasRangedAttack declared true. Example: A pupae doesn't have a Projectile class, so this will force a stucked retarded position, is just a crash risk based on a dumb ideea. Engine cannot find the mesh and the code for RangedAttack state.

I hope this information is usefull for someone who says that he is mapper, doing this bullshit.

Guys, if you don't know what are you doing in editor with monsters better leave them alones. Look at Terraniux and learn something from his work, look at old maps signed by great mappers, they never did such craps.

I always need to check each crap and to release a bunch of versions because of this ideea ? I think so. In this next version I want to be resolved such things.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:25 pm

Are you looking for a way to stop the monsters from fighting each other? Is that what I'm reading too?
~Peace~

Hermskii

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:02 pm

Nelsona wrote: Guys, if you don't know what are you doing in editor with monsters better leave them alones. Look at Terraniux and learn something from his work, look at old maps signed by great mappers, they never did such craps.
And remember,this is not a competition! Better work on your maps for months, rather than releasing 10 maps that are finished within 10 minutes.

This map of me: Adventure Night, has been played more than 250 times within 5 months, according to the dU monsterhunt stats. I was shocked!

Because I have worked for months on this map, and putted all my fantasies in it, players really liked it and became a number #1 favorite map for a lot of ppl. My very first Crystalmine was also a very great succes.

I am not saying that I am great or the best mapper, all I am trying to say is that how more time you put in a project, and really go for it; ........ You archieve what you really want: That players will like your map and will play it once again!

Don't start something what you can't finish!

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:14 pm

If you wanna stop the monsters from fighting each other, use the attached file; both files go into your system folder. It's the, well named, STOP YOUR FIGHTING mutator.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sir Mandrake
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No

Post by Sir Mandrake » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:43 pm

Terrans maps work just fine. Monsters fighting among themselves has been a topic of many long discussions trying to completely solve it. Its in the core Monsterhunt code ive been told and SYF will cure it to some degree but I still see monsters fight. SYF is actually integrated into the later versions of Monsterhunt now.
--- END OF LINE ---

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:20 pm

Did GOPO make SYF? I know he did tons of work here to figure that stuff out back in the day. I think the no fighting monster code is in my HOHMHMMOD.
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:09 pm

Sir Mandrake wrote:Monsters fighting among themselves has been a topic of many long discussions trying to completely solve it. Its in the core Monsterhunt code ive been told and SYF will cure it to some degree but I still see monsters fight.
It's not so much that the monsters fight, unless you actually are seeing them duke it out, as that the face the monsters have 100% friendly fire all the time. If they shoot at you but hit each other they kill each other.

Sir Mandrake

Post by Sir Mandrake » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:55 pm

Hermskii wrote:Did GOPO make SYF? I know he did tons of work here to figure that stuff out back in the day. I think the no fighting monster code is in my HOHMHMMOD.
Yep, he made SYF to fix the issue and it helps...but doesnt solve it 100%. Hes since integrated it into MonsterhuntV2 and MH Gold. So if anyone is running either of these MH code, theres no need to use SYF. Just look in the MH.ini and youll see the option to use it or not.
--- END OF LINE ---

Sir Mandrake

Post by Sir Mandrake » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:01 am

EvilGrins wrote:It's not so much that the monsters fight, unless you actually are seeing them duke it out, as that the face the monsters have 100% friendly fire all the time. If they shoot at you but hit each other they kill each other.
I saw a large Skaarg picking on a couple smalll ones the other day.... he was completely ignoring me and I just walked behind him and blasted a nuke up his backside. There wer a lot of other monsters around too at the same time and thats usually when i see it happen. Very rarely do I see this on maps with a low monster count. But Ill take the careless shooting of a large monster anyday to help me wipe out his commrads lol
--- END OF LINE ---

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:39 am

Code: Select all

function eAttitude AttitudeTo(Pawn Other)
{
	if (Other.bIsPlayer)
	{
		if ( bIsPlayer && Level.Game.IsA('TeamGame') && (Team == Other.PlayerReplicationInfo.Team) )
			return ATTITUDE_Friendly;
		else if ( (Intelligence > BRAINS_None) && 
			((AttitudeToPlayer == ATTITUDE_Hate) || (AttitudeToPlayer == ATTITUDE_Threaten) 
				|| (AttitudeToPlayer == ATTITUDE_Fear)) ) //check if afraid 
		{
			if (RelativeStrength(Other) > Aggressiveness)
				AttitudeToPlayer = AttitudeWithFear();
			else if (AttitudeToPlayer == ATTITUDE_Fear)
				AttitudeToPlayer = ATTITUDE_Hate;
		}
		return AttitudeToPlayer;
	}
	else if (Hated == Other)
	{
		if (RelativeStrength(Other) >= Aggressiveness)
			return AttitudeWithFear();
		else 
			return ATTITUDE_Hate;
	}
	else if ( (TeamTag != '') && (ScriptedPawn(Other) != None) && (TeamTag == ScriptedPawn(Other).TeamTag) )
		return ATTITUDE_Friendly;
	else	
		return AttitudeToCreature(Other); 
}
This is a question for me. I worked to tune up a bit old SYF code, I didn't liked Berserkers kissing.

Also I tried different attitudes in powerfull functions but not works. Their native code is too powerfull.

Ideea is that I'm not really affraid if a map is pathed like was described in other place. A monster following paths to hunt me (is monster hunt, right ?) can stop his attack if he meet an unfriendly class. Will stop hunting you and will fight with other monster. SYF code will stop that fight but will remove any enemy and this means the monster will stop following you especially if you are too far. This is nasty indeed, result of bad mapping. First attempt for attack according to a monster, is a closer target not a far one. So, if we piss them off but we stay away, we can see them very interested in self fighting by default.

Seems to be something interesting if they have the same TeamTag. Well, that's what I studied until this moment. Unfortunatelly they don't have a TEAMTAG in monster hunt. In MH there is a single real team not other teams. In MH they are WILD, returning attitude to other creature from code.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:49 am

Nelsona wrote:

Code: Select all

I didn't liked Berserkers kissing.[/quote]
Prude.
 :mrgreen: