{MHM} Server Bugs/Errors

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
*POTS*

{MHM} Server Bugs/Errors

Post by *POTS* » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:44 pm

I'm not sure how to call this thread but well.

Me and many other players have noticed odd things (vanished HUD, players unable to jump, vanished ChatBox, server crash, etc.) after voting for the following maps:

MH-EdaraPassv2
MH-OrticanMH

Blizz told me it may be a server-side problem, that means the server is loading the maps too slowly. If I recall right, we've never had this kind of issue on the old MHM3/UMH servers, so he might be right.

Herm I think you should check the server logs and see what kind of errors you get after one of those map is voted.
Plain Old Telephone Service

matrix
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: {MHM} Server Bugs/Errors

Post by matrix » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:25 pm

Also I'd like to note MHM crashed anywhere from around 8:30 Central Time (Herm's time) to 9:30...I really can't recall exactly when but that gives the general vicinity.

I was playing map MH-Haunted+ with D34kin and that Prowner you and Gopo spoke of on some forum a while back, just food for thought as I remember Gopo saying something of him hacking/attempting to hack a server.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:00 pm

Network code. Yes, those maps suck when they load up. It is the maps and not my server I assure you. Those maps have done that for years now! I always wished they'd get fixed.

Again, I'll claim it is not my server. Some really good coder/mapper will have to deliver the final judgement on what I say as to whether I'm right or not. The second map starts by crates and the hud doesn't load for about a minute or two. Then You have to get into a spaceship and kill some cool looking queens if I recall. I have not played it in years. The first maps drops you in water at first I think and you can't see your gun or a hud for a few minutes if I recall. you start by plants on the side of a lake I think. That map used to crash my server tons. I finally figured out how to not make it crash so I left it on.
~Peace~

Hermskii

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:04 am

Herm file these under "fixed" when you migrate to the server controller we are working on. It's already addressed. I built a replacement hud that will not lag on loading.

In general though, the unreal maps ported into UT and then monsterhunt are a train wreck.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:29 pm

Coolness. Will it only replace and or modify those map's huds?
~Peace~

Hermskii

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:53 pm

No it's a total replacement. I could write a book with the problems MH has. I've attempted to address as many as I can though. Maybe I'll line everything out into a changelog of some sort someday so the next guy coming up will have a reference to build from. I've spent many hours trying to find all these scraps of information and I've gotten a pretty thorough understanding of things.

Maybe once the mod is done for you Herm, I'll release the source code heavily notated for why I and the others did what we did.