Time to get it right

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
*POTS*

Re: Time to get it right

Post by *POTS* » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:55 pm

I've randomly found out that Fuzz and Scify were testing the map on his server, and luckily I joined them in the nick of time.

For what I've seen, looks like all errors are finally gone, I guess you were right about the glitched super-rifle. Now my (silly) question is: may I have a replacement for the missing rifle? :lol: (I think an InstaGib should be fine).
I also noticed the mantas in the disco are gone. Hope the Nali bartenders will stay.
A positive note is the return of the Jets (yay!)

Well that's all I had to say, now the only things left to do are removing those HellFire's cloned teleporters and set up the "mutate password" thing I think. Good work gopo!

:!: P.S. The end blocker can be hacked with the "mover exploit".
P.P.S. Forgot to check out the "Sniper Training" room... :roll:
Plain Old Telephone Service

Fuzz_Ball
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by Fuzz_Ball » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:32 am

Don't look for the map at the House of Fuzz, we had it there tonight for testing only.
I hadn't played it much in the past so I can't tell you what was fixed and what still needed work. Gopo seemed satisfied with most of his work.
I was in the sniper training area and, well, I sniped some stuff. Didn't know what to look for as far as corrections go but it was a big room full of monsters and I shot a bunch of 'em.
Yay me. :|
_ Image * * Image

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:45 am

I just missed you POTS, sorry. I thought of telling you guys here we were gonna run test it, but all I really wanted to see is if major stuff was problematic. As it turns out, it looks really good with only a couple of minor problems. I'm fixing those now and I'll have a submission to Herm shortly (today).

The disco mantas are still there, it's just a one-time event. I had already cleared them before you got there.
Bartender nalis stay, though I'm leaving them killable because I want the disco to be totally trash-able.

Also Herm's mod has a check for all maps to remove that exploit on every mover. I'm glad you tested it, but don't worry it will work fine :wink:

Added:
OK it's all done (OMG. Did I just type that? :shock: )

Herm, I'll email you the link as well as instructions. It's all much simplified so don't worry. POTS, I'll also share the link with you so you can spread it among the members. Supreme and Hellfy if you want, I'll post the folder I have worked out of that has all the sounds, textures, etc if you want to continue work. This thing is a beast though and it has taken me a while to sort all the issues. If it were me, I'd start over from the ground up. I do want you to know I am now done with this project, officially.

Last thing...You mappers out there. Can you find the way into the village if you didn't know it? Meaning could you open the map in ed and find out how it's done if you uncached it and wanted to see? I'm curious if you can do it now (heh heh).

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:23 pm

Sorry I totally forgot about this:

do you know the secret weapon cache in the pool, where you have to break a wall to access the weapons? Well I tried with every single weapon, even with the chainsaw, but it was impossible to break the darn wall. If the map has been already submitted, forget about this, it's not a big deal.

[Edit]
Looks like you removed that room, never mind.
Plain Old Telephone Service