MH alternate scoring system

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
gopostal

MH alternate scoring system

Post by gopostal » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:58 am

While cruising around the servers I ran across one using the survival mod to adjust scoring for MH. To make this simpler, I coded a small mod that will do this without the SV download:
MHAltScoring.zip
What this mod simply does is set all MH scoring to be done by damage. Instead of jacking 3000 rounds into a super titan and only one person gets the points, every player who does damage gets something. Using this mod gives you a true idea who is owning the server versus someone who knows the high-score monsters.

The default HUD will only register to 9999 on points, but F1 will show you the correct score, as well as the server browser for the world to see your l33tness. I tested this to 10 million points and it was fine online. Enjoy and use as you wish if you code.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BIOMECH
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: MH alternate scoring system

Post by BIOMECH » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:46 pm

Cool, but don't we already have this?
We had too many problems with whoever gets lucky on the final boss having the highscore.

KB doesn't have it on his MH servers but apparently he was going to add it for a Christmas present...It's a positive kind of plague.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:38 pm

The mod I did for Herm does have pretty much the same thing. This is for the people who don't necessarily want to load a big mod to use a small part.

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:41 am

Oh right, does the other scoring system come with aload of the HUD mods and stuff?

Prowner

Post by Prowner » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:33 pm

It would actually be nice if I could get this setting for my PC so when I load my map it has that mutator.
Now that I think of it (I know I always ask too much of you gopo, I'm sorry...) is there anyway to get all the {MHM} mutators onto my monsterhunt so when I load my map or play a MH map offline it's score system is like that, your health and ammo replenish and you don't completely "take" the weapons, and the ammo comes back faster? (I don't wanna go to each weapon and ammo and set the respawn time to 1).
I will either save you or kill you, convince me otherwise.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:43 pm

http://gopostals.com/mayhem.php

That mod will do most of what you want. The mod Herm uses is a sister to it.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:51 pm

Mine is the bigger uglier big sister to it!
~Peace~

Hermskii