A new MH is coming

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
gopostal

Re: A new MH is coming

Post by gopostal » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:58 am

It's actually a very nicely done DM map. It looks like someone was going to project it into an MH map but never really got going with it. I don't think it has any monsters at all.

Might be a nice map for a new mapper....

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:39 pm

OK Sir Mandrake the MapVote.ini looks good to me, I just can't understand why you loaded the DoubleJump mutator since that feature is already embedded in the MonsterHunt2 mod.

As for the LogoTexture it's a bit complicated for starters...

You first need to resize the image you'd like to use to a power of 2 (for example 128x128 or 256x256 pixels) and then convert your own image to an indexed PCX file, so you can import it with UnrealEd and make a new UTX package. After doing that search for the LogoTexture entry in your MapVoteLA.ini and add the package name and class.
A working example using a stock UT texture could be:

LogoTexture=UTtech2.xmetex2x1

Maybe you could post a picture here and I could make a UTX pack for you.
Plain Old Telephone Service

Sir Mandrake
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by Sir Mandrake » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:57 pm

Thanks for that info Pots! :D

As for the Double jump mutator... I'm using that mutator instead. The one in the Monsterhunt mod is turned off. Reason being.... The mod's DJ settings arent quite what I like, to be honest. At the setting of 1, the jumps are not enough.... at 2 the jumps are too much. Any adjustment between makes no changes. The DoubleJump mutator allows me to adjust the jumps and the Jump Apex more precisely.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:42 pm

The truth is that the embedded DJ is exactly the same code as the doublejump mod. I simply made it so it was called inside the mod instead of outside. You really are using it twice :D

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:52 pm

The placebo syndrome strikes back! :lol:

Sir Mandrake

Post by Sir Mandrake » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:25 pm

Wait What??? This is an april fools joke isnt it......

OK ok, Im all for consolidation and Ill give the DJ in the mod one more shot.. lol

...but im telling you, even tho the DJ in the mod works well, it just feels different.
IDK, maybe Im going nuts!

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:50 pm

http://www.wotgreal.com/

Slide down the page until you see Exporter. Download that and unzip to your desktop (requires no installation).

Now point it at the MH2 mod and look at the doublejump classes. Then look at the classes in the DJ u file. It's not an April Fools joke, they really are the same.

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:08 am

Sir Mandrake wrote:...but im telling you, even tho the DJ in the mod works well, it just feels different.
IDK, maybe Im going nuts!
Nuts? - Better change your Avatar back to the Squirrel. :roll:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:25 pm

Ooooh, I dunno...That guy he has now looks pretty nuts.

Sir Mandrake

Post by Sir Mandrake » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:24 pm

LOL - Smith is the avatar I usually use. The squirrel was just something extra.
Anyways... I believe GoPo when he says the code is the same so Im doubting no one here. Last night I was testing the differences in the two DoubleJumps.... the stand alone one and the one coded in MH2. The jump from MH2 acts and feels different than the stand alone DJ. Youll have to experience it to see what I mean. Thats when I jumped in on Herms server by accident, I was in the process of logging back onto the server after I restarted it. It was great playing with you guys for that short time. Good times!

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:34 pm

It was greater having another witness that I was actually there and played! You know you are welcome anytime and make sure if you haven't already to tell everyone everything you want to in regards to your server and what you are doing to it while you are here. This is a freedom of helpful and constructive criticism forum for all. Amen!
~Peace~

Hermskii

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:33 pm

gopostal wrote:http://www.wotgreal.com/

Slide down the page until you see Exporter. Download that and unzip to your desktop (requires no installation).
Wow great program, I was about to ask you how to decompile stuff with UnrealEd since I wanted to take a look at some source code, but this is way easier. I need to add this to the "essential UT tools" thread.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:39 pm

POTS as an extension of that tool, you can use it to pull scripts off mods into a central "dump" folder. Once you have this pool somewhere under a central folder download a text editor called TextPad. Coders use it to write code, but has a most excellent search feature that lets you look through an entire folder for references, even if you don't have the folders opened. Very handy for looking functions up you aren't familiar with, or letting you see how others have done certain things.