>>>>> *POTS'* Essential UT Tools <<<<<

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
*POTS*

>>>>> *POTS'* Essential UT Tools <<<<<

Post by *POTS* » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:02 pm

I decided to start this thread cause I'd like to collect at least some of the most useful tools/mutators for UT here.

Let's start with:

Map Manager

Brief description by *POTS*
This is a tool that allows you to manage custom maps and it shows you all custom packages you may need in order to run the map. Just unzip the whole content, double-click on the executable file, select the UT Maps tab and the rest is pretty self-explanatory. It does have also some advanced features for FTP Maps and Server Browser but let's just ignore them. The stock (default) UT files are all listed in the utfiles.txt file.

I also added a fixed filterslist file which includes also the BonusPack1, BP3 and BP4 files, since I suppose all of you already have them installed (and if not you really should) and removed some useless JailBreak files. Of course you can customize the list according to your preferences, for example by adding the MonsterHunt custom files. That's up to you.

Pros: the best Map Manager I've seen so far, all of the others were buggy

Cons: it probably requires the Microsoft .NET Framework to be separately installed, plus it failed to show me two required packs for a map, but it's still better and more reliable than most of the other similar tools.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by *POTS* on Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Plain Old Telephone Service

gopostal

Re: >> Essential UT Tools <<

Post by gopostal » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:26 pm

Take care of removing JB files. Some MH maps use them for custom stuff.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:29 pm

That's why I thought it was better to remove them from the list. The packages in the list are not showed to you, since it supposes you already have them installed, but there must be also an option to show you all files, both custom and stock. Anyway the file extension for the JB ones was missing, so those filters probably didn't even work properly.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:52 pm

UMOD Extractor v2.0

A UMOD (Unreal Module) is a compressed UT archive which may contain maps, skin, mods, mutators and all kind of goodies. If you're reading this, it's either because you have failed to install it by simply double clicking on the pack and you don't want/know how to fix that or simply because you don't want to install the whole content of your UMOD.

"Well this tool allows you to extract files from a UMOD file containing Unreal Tournament packages and files."

For a quick use just extract the UMODExtractor.exe file, double click on it, drag-n-drop your UMOD where it says "UMOD file", select the destination folder, check all files you need/want to extract, click on Extract Checked Files and you're done!

:!: No, you can NOT open UMODs with WinZip/WinRar, sorry about that. If for some reason you'd like to fix the UMOD file association take a look at my FAQ thread
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:33 pm

UT Cache Cleaner v3

Whenever you join a server for a multiplayer game, your downloaded stuff (maps, mods, etc.) is temporarily stored in your UnrealTournament\Cache folder.
According to the author, "this utility automatically renames/moves all files u specify from the UT Cache directory to either their normal directories or where u specify"

Pros: you can easily save your favourite maps and stuff for off-line playing; there's an option to delete the *.tmp files from the root UT folder (files are downloaded there first and then copied to the cache dir)

Cons: mods, skins, mutators and voicepacks require INT and INI files in order to work properly, and this tool does NOT help you at all in that case. Also the higher the number of saved files is, the higher the chances of version mismatches you'll encounter, thus sometimes you may simply wish to edit the PurgeCacheDays line located in your UnrealTournament.ini file under the [Core.System] section and set it to let's say 9999 days.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:07 pm

Compress-A-Lot v1.1 (Admin's Tool)

This little tool is perfect for server admins, since it lets you easily compress all UT files (maps, sound packs, music packs, textures, etc.) for redirection. The output will result in some .UZ (Unreal Zipped?) files. If you don't know what redirection is, take a look at my FAQ thread.

Pros: graphical user interface for the UCC.exe, pretty useful if you don't wanna mess with the DOS prompt to compress UT files

Cons: unfortunately you can't decompress already compressed UZ files, otherwise it would be perfect. It's affected by a quite slow compression process for some big (>15MB) files.
Last edited by *POTS* on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:22 pm

No Invisibilty - No UDamage mutators

Set of two separated mutators which allows you to remove all Invisibility and/or Amplifier pick-ups from your maps. Work both for admins and clients.

Pros: good if you don't want to use the default NoPowerups mutators that comes with UT (it removes way too much stuff IMO)

Cons: can lead to version mismatches on certain servers (stupid mismatches)

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:39 pm

UT Turbocheck v1.47

Quoting the author:
This is a small freeware program for the game Unreal Tournament whose primary goal is to show server info about the servers in your favourite list.

It also has a fast search function. Say you want to find all instagib servers, then you just load all servers from a master server, wait for the list to be updated and then enter the search windows and search for instagib you will then get a list with all instagib servers. This of course only works if the word instagib is a part of the server name or if the server shows that it uses an instagib mutator.
Just a couple more important things about this program:

1 - Click on the Setup button, select the Basic tab and where it says "UnrealTournament.ini file" put the location of your actual UT.ini (usually it's C:\UnrealTournament\System\UnrealTournament.ini)

2 - At the bottom of the same tab, where is says Master Servers, safely remove the unreal.epicgames.com:28900 one (since it doesn't work for UT clients but for UT servers only) and replace it with master.333networks.com:28900
The gamespy master doesn't seem to work with UT Turbocheck for some unknown reason, but at this post's date it works fine with the UT in-game browser.

Official website: http://www.kroning.dk/utturbo.html

Pros: you can keep trace of your buddies and favourite servers with no need to launch UT and little hardware resource consumption

Cons: the gamespy master server doesn't work with Turbocheck

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:26 pm

Demo Manager v3.3 beta build 2009/07/10

This is the latest version I currently have, they used to post them on http://www.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=Utilities/udemo/ but the site one day is up and for the whole next month is down. :roll:

What is this? This mod allows you to easily record and playback you favourites UT demos. A demo is a piece of file that keeps trace of an UT played match, but unfortunately it's recorded in .DEM format so you won't be able to view it with the usual multimedia players.

Demo Manager has various features and an intuitive GUI, but there are a few things you must know before using it:

1 - Replace the stock udemo.ini file with my fixed one: I changed the default directory for demos to the standard one, I deleted all obsolete redirect servers from the list and I added two working ones I've randomly found (if you happen to know more of them feel free to add them to the list and let me know if they work so I can add them by myself)

2 - Now the installation itself:
Step 1: Extract every file to the system directory of Unreal Tournament. (i.e. c:\unrealtournament\system)
Step 2: Open Unrealtournament.ini (in the system directory)
Step 3: Find the line that says DemoRecordingDevice=Engine.DemoRecDriver
Step 4: Change it to: DemoRecordingDevice=udemo.uDemoDriver

Failure to perform steps 2-4 will prevent usage of the speed control, pausing, seeking, or any other nice feature of the new demo driver!
3 - This is important:
Recorded demos require ALL server packages (custom maps included) of the server in which the demo has been recorded to be downloaded and/or installed on your machine. You'd better save your cache files once you have left the server. It's not easy to search for all required packages, once they've been deleted from the Cache folder.
Package mismatches can be also a real pain.

Pros: finally a Demo Manager tool for UT99 that fixes a lot of bugs and has many interesting new features!

Cons: so far they have fixed a lot of bugs related to Epic's original Demo Driver and to those anticheat tools like UTPure and UTDC, but that doesn't mean this mod is bug-free at all (remember it's still a beta).
- I also noticed a weird error happening if you attempt to directly (by double clicking on the file) open DM-Hyperblast that can crash your UT related to the udemo.dll file.
- Some older demos might require older versions of this mod to be viewed.
- You can't automatically save all required custom files from your Cache with Demo Manager.
- Package mismatches (as usual), but it's not Demo Manager's fault.

:!: Here's a link to some of the most common troublesome packages: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2191&p=25987#p25987
Last edited by *POTS* on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by Hermskii » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:35 pm

UMOD Extractor is what I use most often. It works great! This is a great post POTS. I think we need a section of the forum just for POTS' pieces of info. They are so good and yet all over this place. We need to get threads like this one all in one place.
~Peace~

Hermskii

-SuPreMe-
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No

Post by -SuPreMe- » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:48 am

It shall be callled "POTS's Info Corner" :lol:
-------.[ ]
---- -//|::|\\
----////| .|\\\\ <- 2 times the arms 2 times the awesomeness!
-------||||
-------||||
------..< >
{MHM}

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Post by Hermskii » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:39 pm

It shall? LOL.
~Peace~

Hermskii

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:42 pm

Hermskii wrote:This is a great post POTS. I think we need a section of the forum just for POTS' pieces of info. They are so good and yet all over this place. We need to get threads like this one all in one place.
I would say let's make this thread "sticky" to begin with. :wink:

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:53 pm

IpDrv.dll Fix for UT v4.36

This is a replacement IpDrv.dll to fix the Denial of Service attack bug described here:
http://online.securityfocus.com/archive/1/280544
It also fixes a Windows 2000+ server problem where server lag gradually increases over time.
I'd also say do NOT overwrite the original IpDrv.dll file, first make a back-up copy of that, just in case.

Pros: It is supposed to fix a few issues.

Cons: This is ONLY for UT v4.36
Last edited by *POTS* on Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:16 pm

WOTgreal Exporter (Mapper's Tool)

Allows exportation of classes, meshes, textures and sounds from within a .u* file w/o the need of ucc.exe or UnrealEd
Just unzip the EXE, double click on it, click on the File menu and then on the Browse for the folder option to locate the UT folder you're looking for.

Official website: http://www.wotgreal.com/

Pros: Great tool! You can browse UTX, UAX, UMX, and U files and take a look at their content. It requires no installation. Suggested by Gopostal

Cons: Looks like it can't read UMX files, oh well nvm.
Last edited by *POTS* on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.