>>>>> *POTS'* Essential UT Tools <<<<<

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
*POTS*

Re: >> Essential UT Tools <<

Post by *POTS* » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:11 pm

NexGen Server Controller v1.11 (Admin's Tool)

Brief description by *POTS*
The successor of the old ASC console. This console allows server admin to easily ban, mute, kick players, show the server rules, add VIP slots to the server, force spectator mode, record chat logs, create new admin/moderator accounts, and many other cool features.

It adds also a custom HUD interface with separated death/chat messages, in-game Private Messages support, easy MapVote access, a swtich team option, plug-in support, etc.
Check the official website for a whole list of available plug-ins.

Official website: http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showt ... hp?t=26835

Pros: the ASC console development has ceased. All ASC users should upgrade to NexGen which is an open source project. It does also support the Ip-To-Country mod.

Cons: you are strongly adviced not to use NexGen for server and match set up. Use the MapVoteLA instead. Be also sure to check the official website for the latest version. All NexGen v110 users must upgrade to v111 due to a critical vulnerability that could crash the server. There might be a few bugs left to be fixed.

[Edit]
Added the NexgenHelpPlugIn to the package. This is optional though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by *POTS* on Sun May 30, 2010 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Plain Old Telephone Service

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:18 pm

MapVoteLA13 (Admin's Tool)

Probably the best and the most used MapVote tool for UT ever made.
P.S. LA stands for League Assault and 13 is the version. :P

Official website: http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?t=55286

Pros: easier server configuration, easier map management

Cons: development has stopped a long time ago, sketchy ReadMe file

[Edit]
Here you can find a MapVote.ini file explained by Hook, thanks Hook!
http://hooksutplace.freeforums.org/mapv ... -t832.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by *POTS* on Sat May 15, 2010 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:33 pm

Arena Match mod v1.22

The main feature of this mod is being able to use any weapon you want to start an Arena match, since UT basic list of Arena mutators is pretty limited. The most popular example of custom arena has become the Redeemer Arena. Anyone ready for a Piston Arena? :twisted:

Official website: http://www.koehler-homepage.de/Wormbo/

Pros: you can virtually use every known weapon and make an Arena match out of that

Cons: if I recall right, it requires INT files making to support some of the newer/custom weapons, just read the instructions and you'll be fine
Last edited by *POTS* on Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: >>>>> *POTS'* Essential UT Tools <<<<<

Post by Hermskii » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:08 pm

ArenaMatch121 is how I was able to have the Translocator work with the redeemer mod. To this day, this is the mod I use on {CG}. Before then, I used the mod that the man himself; Schwantz gave to me which started the {CG} server life cycle. I asked him to have it and he gave it to me which is to this day exactly why I will hand over anything that anybody ask from me provided somebody gave it to me first.
~Peace~

Hermskii

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:44 pm

Valhalla Avatar beta2 (Admin's Tool)

Valhalla Avatar (VA) is a mod that allows clients to use any model, skin, or voicepack on your server, regardless of whether or not it is installed server-side. Many games, such as the later Quake games (2 &3) already have this supported, unfortunately UT's custom content system is quite limited. Many have wished for a more custom content friendly sytem in Unreal Tournament, and I created this mod as an answer.
Pros: - Clients can use any LEGAL model, skin, or voicepack on the server.
- Any client who has this model/skin/voicepack installed/cached will see it.
- Unreal I models are supported and are automatically added to the player setup menu.
- Models can now be swapped in game!
- Valhalla Avatar has various new console commands. Read the Help file included in the package.

Cons: the PlayerInfo menu is buggy and works just for some players.
- Adds support to all Skin Codes, and some of them may be annoying or considered illegal on certain servers. Anyway the VA version that comes associated to UTPure does not support skin hacks.
- It does generate some "accessed none" errors from time to time.
- It's just a beta version and development has ceased.
- It's not compatible with various mods/mutators, like UTMcoop and SlaveMaster just to name two.
Last edited by *POTS* on Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:07 pm

UTX Gaffer v2.1 (Mapper's Tool)

Allows you to view the contents of texture packages much faster then having to open them in UnrealED. Does not need UnrealED to be open. Also allows you to export textures.
Pros: it supports Unreal, Unreal2, UT99, UT2003 and UT2004. It has a Check for retail packages feature and allows exportation of the selected texure.

Cons: it requires OpenGL hardware that at least can handle the standards of OpenGL v1.3. It won't show you a few particular textures (could it be FireTextures, ScriptedTextures, IceTextures, WetTextures and WaveTextures and/or compressed textures?!)
Last edited by *POTS* on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:33 pm

ActorCLP (Admin's Tool)

gopostal wrote:In an environment where bash files are hidden (like GameServers is doing now) you can simply switch to using this little attached mod. Now, what it does is take over the server when it reboots and causes it to load the stated mod, map, and game. You'll see your server start with CTF-Face due to the GS default reset line, then it will immediately switch to what you specify in the mod section [...]
I added an "updated readme" in the pack which is just a detailed explanation made by gopo.

Pros: a "must-have" for those rental servers. Tested also by Hook and it works fine.

Cons: not sure whether it could be useful for "home-made" servers as well.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:47 pm

NoBoost v4 (Admin's Tool)

This is a very good antiboost mod made by gopostal for the Monster Hunt gametype.

Pros: can block self-boosting and team-boosting as well as Redeemer boosting. Allows players to enable/disable boosting. Adds also an optional anti-camper "ghost" mode that forces players to become ethereal and translucent.

Cons: I've just noticed a minor problem if gopo is interested. Plus it has not been tested with different gametypes but it should work I suppose.

WARNING
:arrow: A few maps using particular kind of movers triggered by players that should cause death may not work properly. Please update to version v4a and carefully read HERE for a better explanation.
Last edited by *POTS* on Mon May 17, 2010 2:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:07 pm

ModPlug Tracker v1.17.02.54 (Mapper's Tool)

A 32-bit tracker application for Windows capable of up to 48 KHz, 16-bit, stereo output. Can be used to open Unreal .umx files for remixing, editing, or extracting samples. Many other formats also supported.
Check the official website for newer releases.

Official website: http://www.modplug.com/

Pros: today is mostly used for converting .UMX to .WAV and/or .WAV to .IT
Read here for how to convert Wave files to UMX

Cons: it stops working if I move the folder where the executable was extracted at first to another location :?

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:43 pm

Bunny Track mod - FULL

All the files you may need for a basic installation of the BT mod, it took me a while to collect them all. I added those missing INI and INT files to the BTPlusPlus mutator as well as a basic ReadMe. Tested both the configurations (BT and CTF-BT) and they work fine on a dedicated BT-only server. I'm still trying to figure out how to make this work on a multimod server running also CTF.

[Edit]
Hook wrote:When I played {CLD}, it seemed to work fine for me going from CTF to CTF-BT and back. All seemed to work good as a multi-mod server as it is now.
I played DM, DM-Insta, CTF and CTF-BT - they all worked
Well I suppose with the proper MapVote filters you can make it work on a multimod server also. :P

[Edit #2]
Added an updated package with some additional info by Hook. Thanks Hook! :wink:

Pros: all required files in the same package, no missing INIs, no crap.

Cons: may need some MapVote tweaking to make it work on a multimod server. I've not added the files for Ip-To-Country since that's an optional feature and it requires a server controller like ASC or NexGen to be somehow useful I think.
There's NO bot support (I guess it was way too hard to make bots work with this mod).

P.S. No, BT does not require the translocator (unless the map itself already contains one).

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sat May 15, 2010 7:19 pm

Stealth Admin v1.0 (Admin's Tool)

ReadMe wrote:This is a small server actor that allows you to log in to a server without showing that you are admin - IE your name is not white on the scoreboard, and also lets you log out without suiciding.
Pros:
ReadMe wrote:You can either log in/out with console command:
mutate password
or set up a keybind to do this, which makes it really easy and fast to log in/out.
Cons:
ReadMe wrote:You cannot use the admin features of BDBMapVote or UTDC while logged in like this. You will need to be logged in as normal admin to do this.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sat May 15, 2010 7:31 pm

ZeroPing v2.10 (Admin's Tool)

ReadMe wrote:Zeroping is a ping masking modification which makes clients with slow connections seem as if they are on a 0-ping server.
Pros:
same as above, plus this is a stand-alone ZeroPing mod, so you don't have to install UTPure just to use its ZeroPing mod.

Cons:
ReadMe wrote:ZeroPing will only work for the following weaponry: Enforcer, ShockRifle, SuperShockRifle and the SniperRifle.
This is due to the ZeroPing concept which only works for instant hit weaponry.
ZeroPing will not make your ping go away. ZeroPing merely compensates using clientside hitscan and serverside correction.
:arrow: http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/archi ... -4151.html
:arrow: One more important thing: ZeroPing uses re-classed weapons, which means if you're using keybindings they may stop working. I'd suggest using the "SwitchWeapon" commands instead of the "GetWeapon" ones as a work-around. If you can't understand the difference you're probably not using keybindings at all.
Last edited by *POTS* on Mon May 24, 2010 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sat May 15, 2010 7:44 pm

Double Enforcers v1.0

ReadMe wrote:Gives everyone Double Enforcers upon spawning. It's a simple little mod, but important for the true John Woo effect. Also gives recently-spawned players more of a fighting chance.
Pros: Double Enforcers rock

Cons: -

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sat May 15, 2010 8:09 pm

Unlimited Ammo mutator

Basic mutator that allows you to start with max ammo for all weapons and reloads them at a very fast rate, so it's virtually impossible to run out of ammo.

Pros: -

Cons: don't use it with UTJMH and similar mods I suppose, since they already have an option for ammo regeneration. Not tested with custom/weird weapons.
Last edited by *POTS* on Sat May 15, 2010 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sat May 15, 2010 8:18 pm

Spectator Plus v2 (Admin's Tool)

ReadMe wrote:A mod to password protect the spectator slots.
Pros:
ReadMe wrote:Option to disable for Last Man Standing games, so people don't have to wait forever before watching a game.
Cons: -