Nali Weapons 3 - Preview 2 (includes Nuke)

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Preview 2 (includes Nuke)

Post by Hermskii » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:01 am

And EvilGrins amkes me laugh again. Thanks buddy!

Thank you Feralidragon for the update! We have waited this long and yes, it looks like the longer the wait the better it gets. How you even had the time to dream up and do everything you have done already amazes me.

DON'T BURN OUT!

OK, now that I have said that, keep up the good work and keep us informed as always! Thanks!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Feralidragon

Post by Feralidragon » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:53 pm

Yet another update...
The Ionizer charging and nuclear blast: it starts as a small purple beam, then it cracks the floor around, then the pieces start to levitate around the beam as it starts to leak energy (ion lightnings), then BOOM, an ion shockwave emerges and a small "plasma" ball stays there as a result of the ionization of the energetic center, while the cloud around keeps having some ion based lightnings due to static energy.

Also, I take this update to say that the 2 remaining weapons already have names:
- Melee: The Executioner
- Translocator: E.T.D. (Enhanced Translocation Device)
As for what exactly they do, I will say later in the next update. Thanks everyone who sent me ideas to help me figuring out new names.
They're also the 2 last weapons I have to do for the pack.

As for the "Builder" one, CANCELLED, for now.
It will be released later with a whole new gametype using the NW3 "technology"(aka visual and flexibility features), based on the already known and popular custom gametype Siege.

It will be pretty much my own Siege version but made from scratch (new buildings, different visuals, newbie friendly and with its own team balancer), but not far from the original thing (NOTE: the objective of this new Siege is not to replace any current one, but rather give a totally new experience but keeping the "magic" behind the current Siege. WildCard is currently developing a new version of Siege and that's the one that should replace any previous version instead, I don't want to step in anyone's toes with this one).
The Builder will also come with a lot more of possibilities that will make it usable in nearly every gametype for different purposes.
I will give more details about this later after the NW3 release and after another 1-2 months UT project I will have in hands.

So, as any other update, screenshots:

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:40 pm

That looks cool and now I'm real curious about this new Translocator. I can't wait to hear what it can do.
~Peace~

Hermskii

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:55 am

No need to say your stuff looks one step forward compared to normal UT weapon mods.
Keep up the good work!
Plain Old Telephone Service

Hook
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:41 pm

*POTS* wrote:No need to say your stuff looks one step forward compared to normal UT weapon mods.
Keep up the good work!
Ditto! :shock: :P
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

Feralidragon

Post by Feralidragon » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:44 pm

FINAL DEVELOPMENT UPDATE (10-April-2012)

Well, ladies and gentlemen, this is the last development update before actual release of this mod. All weapons are done, however some work is still left to do to truly complete the mod: some changes, enhancements and fixes, some features, optimizations, addons, support for future projects of mine, menus to tweak the settings, documentation (yes, I will make a full extensive doc on all you need to know, either you're an admin or player, dev docs may come later if there's any interest which I kinda doubt, so I won't do those for now, but I will let the code open like I always do, so...), and then a small private beta-testing to ensure everything is fine and then release.

And as tradition demands, a development update comes always with new things to look at, in this case the two last weapons from this pack: the Executioner and Razored Translocator, as you can see below.
One of the totally new things introduced with both weapons is the appearance of actual blood in the blades of each weapon. Not only "red blood", but 5 possible colors as mercenaries have green blood for instance. Each weapon has a command that can be used to clean the blood from them if you wish: CleanBlades (Executioner) and CleanRazor (R.T.).

The Executioner
This is the melee weapon of the pack, it comes with 4 configurable different firemodes, from which you can choose 2: single, double, single+double mix and charged attack.
With charged attack you have pretty much the same destructive and impact effect from impact hammer, which means instant killing upon charging and "charged jumps".

ImageImage

Razored Translocator (R.T.)
The R.T. is a special kind of translocator that has 2 possible device modes: a regular one and one with blades.
The regular one will work pretty much like the standard one physics-wise, however once you activate the blades it will behave a like a Ripper blade, but hitting walls endlessly.
When you activate the blades, you can cut down enemies (several at once since it passes through their flesh) and translocate to great distances, however it brings the disadvantage of being bigger (so it cannot pass through narrow spaces), the travel is a bit more turbulent, it's slower to relaunch, and since it never stops you can never really rely on its position, and if you do monitor it, with the action UT has you may as well get fragged while you wait and look intently to the trajectory of this device.
But if however you don't like one of the modes, you can disable either one, as configure lots of settings, such as: fx, sounds, speed, etc.

There are 2 new fx you can choose from (actually 4, but 2 of them are: no fx and standard teleport fx from UT):
* glowing team-colored particles: these leave a glowing decay in both points that quickly fades away like dust;
* dark particles: basically the dark version of the one above (better for dark places to not be noticed).

ImageImage

ImageImage

Well, I won't announce a final release date just yet because bad delaying-kind stuff happens whenever I set a date, but I would say that the progress is pretty much at 95% now, so all I ask you to wait a little bit longer as it's almost ready.

Thanks for your support so far

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:54 pm

Thanks for the update. Looks sweet. I hope there won't be too much of a learning curve with all of this new stuff.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Sir Mandrake
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No

Post by Sir Mandrake » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:16 pm

Im ready to start beta testing this right now.... send me that mod! lol

Seriously... another great update and cant wait to try this out on release... Good Job! This is seriously the MOD that would have been shipped with the game had it been created earlier. Its that good looking
--- END OF LINE ---

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:34 pm

Will the new Nali-Weapons package interfere with the old? I mean, can I run NW3 on the same ut99 that already has NW2 without losing the old one??

Feralidragon

Post by Feralidragon » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:06 am

Nope, NW2 does not interfere with NW3, so yeah, you can have both of them in the same system and perhaps even play with both at the same time (the latter is not guaranteed though, since it may originate some crashes due to similar class names in both mods).

Feralidragon

Post by Feralidragon » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:18 pm

Still in the phase of fixes and enhancements, but since some months have passed and someone at moddb just screamed "update please!", I thought... well, why not?
As for a release, well, 1st preview in August 2010, 2nd preview in August 2011, release... perhaps you can guess where this is going.
Let's see if I can match that time (during that month I will have plenty of time for this thus perhaps that will be "the time").

To whoever saw the 2nd preview of NW3, in the end of the video I have shown the Megaton nuclear explosion at the time and the guided nuke HUD.
If you don't remember those, I invite you to just check the nuke part of the video to see the "old" ones.
Anyway, I found those a bit "meh.." and decided to enhance both a bit (along with all the nuclear explosions and all the other NW3 weapons).

So as an example of those enhancements, I present you the Megaton nuke enhancement and guided nuke HUD enhancement, still not perfect, but I won't enhance these any further, so this is an example of what you should expect in the final release.
Sorry for the huge development time, but I didn't have that much of a choice...

Feralidragon

Post by Feralidragon » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:01 pm

Well, a small update: there are just 2 (important) features left (ZP and a few MH things), then beta, then finally public release.
In the meanwhile, just a last bundle of media to note that development on this is alive:
- Nali weapons history;
- Hands new skins;
- UltimaProtos nuke;
- Nuclear warning mutator;
- Weapon locker;
- Body armor skin improvement;
- Nuclear level 3.

Thanks for your patience so far.

Bigger version: https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-xLbQ ... y_full.png

Bigger version: https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-9_Zx ... /Hands.png

Bigger version: https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-3cqp ... maExpl.png

Bigger version: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-SDZi ... Locker.png