Nali Weapons 3 - Preview 2 (includes Nuke)

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
Feralidragon

Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Preview (Video and Screenshots)

Post by Feralidragon » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:39 pm

@KiLLaKeLLeR: I used MilkShape 3D to model and animate them. :) 3DS is much more powerfull in modelling and skinning, but it doesn't have a proper way to animate vertex meshes and has bigger problems and it isn't as straight forward and reliable as Milkshape is regarding the export to the unreal format.

@BiGbOsS: Although I will post about the release on my site, I will post about the release in all the sites/forums I posted the preview as well, meaning that I will post here when that happens (so you don't need to always check the site, it's nice to have visits there, but I don't want to "force" people to visit it regularlly over something like this, so I will post about it where I informed about it [like here], so people don't get annoyed by having to visit the website all the time by then).
For instance, I won't inform rosebum for example, as I didn't post the preview there in the first place (nor will), and a few other sites which are on my "not worth it" list or on my "black list".

Feralidragon

Post by Feralidragon » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:45 am

Well, since a few people sugested this, I created a facebook page for Nali Weapons 3:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nali-Weap ... 8237101096

I sugest people to use it in case they have any doubt or sugestions, and I will check it more frequently than most forums or even my website/blog.
I already had to say some stuff regarding the new pack 5 times in the same day in different places, and already saw one topic created just to ask when they are going to be released, which doesn't bother me, but might bother the admins having 2 or more topics about the same thing, and since it seems that most people nowadays are more into facebook and such, I created this page.

I will still update this topic here and in the other forums, but at least this way I can answer any question quicker as consider sugestions, plus the question or bug report of 1 person can be the same relative to the rest, and it can be discussed in a better platform than a forum or my website.

Blood Asp
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by Blood Asp » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:28 pm

its just so ****ing amazing to even think that UT99 could handle all this that ur doing to it... you arent modding UT99, you are creating a whole new game!!! seriously!!!

ZippityDooDa
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue

Post by ZippityDooDa » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:10 pm

Indeed you are, and is this compatible to put on a server? or just single player?
11100000.11111111.11111111.00000000 /24

Feralidragon

Post by Feralidragon » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:30 am

Thanks. :D

Regarding multiplayer support, that's guaranteed (if I didn't add multiplayer support, the new pack would be long ready, as 50% of the time I spend making it work online).

Also bots will be much smarter using the weapons as well, even in MH with the modifiers, so "single player" support in the AI sense, is guaranteed as well (they will throw you out of the map with the Graviton, kill you with the BoltRifle if you're underwater, as do combos, plant mines around, set the Megaton by themselves, etc).

Blood Asp

Post by Blood Asp » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:44 am

"Expletive Deleted" it dude, why dont you just use UT99 and create UTNW2, change the name of the game and just have "Sponsored by Epic" or something xD

Feralidragon

Post by Feralidragon » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:20 am

LOL :mrgreen:

Actually, a weapon pack is not enough to do that, however, I am thinking in doing a "new game" of sort to speak, as a new single player story mode.

Nali Weapons 3 is actually just the 3rd time I am repeating the phase 1 of that big project, as I didn't like at all how both previous versions turned out, being:
Phase 1 - Nali Weapons (it should be the first version, but then I made the 2nd thinking it would be good enough, but then I realized how shitty both versions were and I am therefore doing one which I actually like)
Phase 2 - X-Vehicles (already in production, 6 of them are finished, about 25 to go, but the development is pause for now due to Nali Weapons 3)
Phase 3 - Mapping features and performance optimization
Phase 4 - Mapping
Phase 5 - Voice acting
Phase 6 - Beta testing
Phase 7 - Release

Of course, I will do everything until Phase 4 alone, and will need help from Phase 5 onwards. And at the end, that project alone might reach about 800Mb to 1Gb of new stuff.
However, I am doing Nali Weapons 3 since April (paused during the whole month of May and half of June due to school and some programming projects for it, half of August due to work), so they should take about 7-8 months total (NW2X took 6 months to do).

30 vehicles should take an entire year (or more), the mapping about 6-9 months, voice acting will be difficult if the community keeps shrinking, as beta testing as well. But hey, an Unreal SP project was released after 7 years of development at moddb, the graphics aren't that great, but it had it's own spot at moddb on the monthly top 5 released mods, and I plan to finish mine within 2 years or so (although that may be too late, but I will do it anyway unless something more appealing appears in the meanwhile).

So in resume, Nali Weapons was never thought to be actually a normal weapon pack for normal gameplay, but for my bigger project instead as weapons you would find out during the campaign. It just happens that I am not sure if something like that will actually happen, so I develop them first as a normal weapon pack like any other for online play and botmatches, simple as that.

But even so, either with NW3 alone or the whole project released, I don't think any of the projects will ever be considered good enough for "Epic sponsor" or even something near that, so, let's not go into illusions, and let's have our feet on the ground.

Blood Asp

Post by Blood Asp » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:02 am

Well i can think of a few places/people/communies that would probably be happy to help ya out with stuff anyway they can.

There are still some UT99 fanatics who will never leave out there.

I Myself will say i'm happy to help any way i'm can, and i am sure there will be people around here who would gladly help out as well.

Thanx
EA

Feralidragon

Post by Feralidragon » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:02 am

First off, I want to clear out something from a chat I had with a friend:
- NW3 release --> December 2010
- The rest of the project --> within 2 or 3 years, if it ever gets finished that is

Some people misinterpreted what I wrote above and might be spreading a rumour without knowing.

As promissed, another development update: Graviton (which you already saw, no change), Freezer and Vulcan.

Next update will be done when TheMiner, IRPR and Cybot Launcher get ready (within 1 month, as the Cybots will be quite complex this time, as I will try to do some "cyborgs" and "flying squids" like the ones in Matrix or those planes from Necris on UT3, and also AI tactics, formations, orders, etc).

TheMiner will have a different aproach this time: it will be able to deploy more kinds of mines:
- Sticky Mines;
- Jumper Mines;
- Land Mines;
- Vehicle Mines.

Also I must notice that today I played during about 20 minutes Last Man Standing, in Deck16, with all the ready weapons from NW3, with max settings, with around 15 bots, and without any balancing setting apllied: I could win, but I got pwned by them (twice by being grabbed and tossed against the wall by the Graviton rofl), and there was a bit of spam (again, no balancing applied in this match). However, there wasn't almost any fps drops in the entire match, and when I went to see the log, it was clean regarding any errors, something that not even NW2 was capable off.
So, the myth of "NW3 is heavier than NW2" is a lie, and it's actually the other way around.

Also, I decided the release time to be in December (this year of course), however, there's a very high chance that some of the "NEW" weapons (not the remakes) get released as a bonus pack instead (as this pack can be extended like UT itself can with bonus packs).

Feralidragon

Post by Feralidragon » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:37 am

Well, new UPDATE (The Miner and InfraRed Precision Rifle [IRPR]):

The Cybot Launcher wasn't even started yet (and it will take a while to be finished, more time than any other weapon actually).

The Miner: This weapon works differently from the previous version, as it has 6 different kinds of mines:
- Attach Mine (aka Sticky Mine, decided to rename it because the previous name wasn't accurate);
- Jump Mine (activated when "untouched", and jumps and explodes);
- Land Mine (this mine digs through the ground itself to deploy, no joke);
- Sea Mine (in land it's quite useless to "deploy", it was specially developed for water environments, as it is "spiky" and it's the only mine which actually floats to the surface);
- Vehicular Mine (powerfull mine made specially for vehicles and such);
- Air Mine (it gets deployed in the air and it's extremelly powerfull);

This is the Vehicular Mine explosion:

IRPR: Works the same way as before, with some differences: it has a "shooting trace effect" (you see the "laser" go through the walls and objects), the scope is much much better (more realistic), and the scope heat sensing ranges are configurable and are different from "direct view" to "hidden view" (meaning you will have a very short range regarding players you don't actually "see" [on the other side], and a really high range for people you actually see).
Plus, the people you don't see will appear as translucent, so you will know when they are in front of you or hidden.

Right now, the pack has enough progress to replace absolutelly all the weapons in the game, except the melee ones.
Also some more serious tests were made (by playing several matches today with my brother, 1vs1 and MH), and the pack proved once more to be really stable, however after these tests a few more fixes were made and some functions optimized.

Hermskii
Site Admin
extraextraantispam: Yes

Post by Hermskii » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:00 am

Sheeesh! When do you find the time to do all of this sir? It is amazing what you have done! Where is this online right now? I want to go somewhere and play this right now!
~Peace~

Hermskii

ZippityDooDa

Post by ZippityDooDa » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:22 pm

I have to agree with hermskii on this one my friend as I said on HUTP aka scallywag we need this on our server! YOu da man and truly gifted in game design

Feralidragon

Post by Feralidragon » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:41 am

^ Thanks :)
Hermskii wrote:Sheeesh! When do you find the time to do all of this sir? It is amazing what you have done! Where is this online right now? I want to go somewhere and play this right now!
Actually, I don't have much time to do this (I only get about 2 hours per weekday, if that much, and most of the weekends, and this last weekend I actually didn't make anything regarding this lol, as I rested from it), otherwise I would have this pack ready a long time ago (like many coders would have their mods ready if they had lots of free time as well, of course, something that doesn't happen, and therefore things get actually more time to be done), plus I consider myself quite slow actually, so... :lol:

It will be online imediatelly before release (so when it gets released, there's going to be an IP with the "official" server, which will be Killerbee's one). After that is really up to other admins host it (fully or just a part of it, meaning all weapons or just the weapons admins actually want).

ZippityDooDa

Post by ZippityDooDa » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:24 am

Well we will definately promote it over at HUTP my friend, so keep up the good work.

BiGbOsS

Post by BiGbOsS » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:32 pm

Are you serious? youre in the process of making vehicles too? This game will never die lmao
This is amazing! im speechless!
BoSs is in the HOUSE!