Coming soon....

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
gopostal

Coming soon....

Post by gopostal » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:28 pm

Just a teaser but I will be releasing the final to MH2 in a couple of weeks. I'll post a little later about what's included, but safe to say it has <everything>. POTS has been helping me on this and he can vouch for what all has been done. There's been a slew of fixes, additions, changes, and improvements with the old MH2 kinks worked out and the new stuff giving options no other MH controller has come close to offering admins for public use:
+ Healing Gun
+ End Game Fun
+ Country listed in scoreboard automatically
+ Server Stats if desired
+ All the Skaarj problems are fixed
+ Multiple headshot, first blood, pickup announcements and all are consistant. No more Male then Female
+ Options for redone Redeemer (based on 2k4), Sniper rifle (with intense headshot visuals), and more...

I'll keep you posted.

-HellFire-
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Coming soon....

Post by -HellFire- » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:01 pm

Sounds like a copy of the UM server... :roll:

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:20 pm

Unfair and judgemental post removed. My apologies to Hellfy.
Last edited by gopostal on Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:01 pm

I can't map?
At least I make things myself instead of stealing brushes and creations of others :D
Like your Portal map was all self-made, and the things that you made were just to use EA's words, cubic rooms and naabish outside area's so please don't justify my mapping.

Yes, you are a good coder, but always blaming others gets a bit old now tbh.
When mod is done you will release it and a week later you leave blaming us we don't appericiate, just look at yourself also instead of saying things about me :P

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:44 pm

No, Herm has not chastised me, and No, I'm not having an aneurysm. I spent most all of the last two nights fighting a code problem and I am simply tired. I spoke out of turn to you Hellfy and I apologize. It was unfair and hateful. You have a right to your opinion and I need to hear the negative too.

Hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised at the finished product.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:35 am

I just read this and missed anything nasty if there was. Smart to have pulled off anything that I may have taken badly before I saw it.
~Peace~

Hermskii

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:09 am

So it's perfectly OK to be called a thief? That's cool, now I know.

Look Herm, I apologized openly, trying to be the bigger person. My original post was simply an informational one, I wasn't trying to start anything but like MHM'ers will always do, someone had to take a swipe. This stuff is just never going to change and it's what will keep people away from posting who really care about things. It's sad because you seem to tolerate it from key people for some unfathomable reason. From your own rules:
"if I see a post here on our Forum that demeans other forum members or server players"
I guess he needs to include a third paragraph with some cursing in it. :roll:

I'm sorry Herm, but you can deactivate my account. I would like to have seen the restart be a fresh change but it appears you are happy to tolerate two paragraphs of bashing even after my mea culpa. That's just not something I want to be around. You got to think to yourself though: which is better to encourage? Someone with a vested interest in sharing information and helping, or someone (for a good example) who's last 8 posts have all been entirely negative?
search.php?author_id=575&sr=posts

Good luck with it Herm. Until you change the paradigm this will keep happening.

Reiyel_3.0

Post by Reiyel_3.0 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:00 am

MHM is not killing anything. I'll tell you what is killing communities:

OVERSENSITIVE PEOPLE THAT CANNOT TAKE ANY PRESSURE OR NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.

OVERSENSITIVE PEOPLE THAT NEED TO BE TOLD AT EVERYTIME (I MEAN EVERYTIME, AT LEAST TWICE A DAY) HOW THANKFUL WE ARE WITH THEIR WORK.

Like Supreme said, you all need to first, get a life, and second, chillax a bit. Not everyone likes you, get used to it. Not everyone loves you, get used to it. UT is the wrong place to look for love. Remember this is just a game!

And please don't tell Herm how to do his admin job. Despite everything, he tolerates you and appreciates you a lot, at least much more than the people at HOF used to and even the people at UM.

Herm you can ban me now. I wasn't planning to come back to avoid this kind of stuff but I just couldn't control myself. Sorry.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

Con una condición: que me dejes abierto el balcón de tus ojos de gata

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:41 pm

Yeah, when I get home I'll be banning several more people here. I'm shocked at some people's ability to not be able to wait and see what happens before they respond full blast.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:43 pm

And I am home now and some more forum deactivations have taken place. Hey people, when you feel that you have been wronged here, don't retaliate other than to copy it and send it to me. Let me handle it. As witnessed here yet again, one person remarked about something and several others retaliated. One negative remark doesn't justify 5 others from other folks. Just report it and let me decide. I do like that ya'll are taking up for each other but these little sucker punches really do have to stop.

Of the 165 or so members here we have about 15 that are usually very active. Of those 15 about 10 of them are deactivated right now leaving about 5 active members including myself. I didn't actually deactivate anyone until a week ago so at this rate, I should be the only one here in about 3 more days. I want to hurry up and get in a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year before the final few can't respond either. Peace!
~Peace~

Hermskii

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:54 pm

Hermskii wrote:"Constructive criticism" is allowed and I and only I will be the judge of what I deem to be considered constructive.
-HellFire- wrote:Sounds like a copy of the UM server... :roll:
Is this constructive criticism? Does it bring anything good to help develop the mod even further? I've seen this myself many times before.

Reiyel_3.0 wrote:MHM is not killing anything. I'll tell you what is killing communities:

OVERSENSITIVE PEOPLE THAT CANNOT TAKE ANY PRESSURE OR NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.

OVERSENSITIVE PEOPLE THAT NEED TO BE TOLD AT EVERYTIME (I MEAN EVERYTIME, AT LEAST TWICE A DAY) HOW THANKFUL WE ARE WITH THEIR WORK.
Or maybe overbored and apathetic people that don't know what to do and just ask miracles from human beings who are server admins instead of spending 10 minutes of their time at least to learn how to compress and upload maps, cause they can't accept the fact they're sick and tired of playing an 11 years old game so they have to blame someone else. I've been asking around some people if they were interest in becoming moderators/admins and I always got the same replies:

- I have to refuse cause I rarely play nowadays
- It requires responsibilites and knowledge that I don't have
- In case of any problems I don't want to be involved in anything
- I don't need extra stress since I'm already busy with RL issues
- I just want to play, have some fun and chat with my friends

Nobody is asking here to be worshipped, but having to listen to comments like the one above all days 24/7 when you're trying your best to keep this old game alive well...

Never mind, this is gonna lead to nowhere, since some people are stuck with their own ideas. Now up to Hermskii whether to ban me or not.

And Rei, love is one thing, respect is a totally different one.
Plain Old Telephone Service

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:05 pm

Hmmm? What to do...What to do??? Here it is: Nope! I don't feel that deserved a ban. Do be careful going forward. I hope you are all vented out now and ready to get going again on good UT WORK. I know you are in line with a few folks here trying to improve all sorts of things. I know you have been invited to assist lots of folks doing lots of stuff. Do it but try to keep it to one thing at a time *POTS* please or you know what happens....rage and finally....burn out. Pick your allies carefully.

I've made a few mistakes along the way. I have trusted people to be let down by them before. I've let people down before too. I do try my best usually and each time I get burned by somebody, it makes me that much more careful going forward. Thus nobody but me will ever have full rights to anything I have period. I'll have helpers and be grateful to them but nobody gets to undo what has been done unless I want that kind of help.
~Peace~

Hermskii

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:12 pm

I'm totally cool Herm, no rage at all this time, enjoy your day folks! :wink:

P.S. I'm with you Herm, let's try to keep this place clean from now on. I'm also gonna buy a box of anti-stress balls soon (that would be a good present for Christmas). :mrgreen:
Plain Old Telephone Service

BiGbOsS

Post by BiGbOsS » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:27 pm

YESSS ive been hearing about this healing gun for a long time. Think pots mentioned it to me( i think he was helping with testing of it? ) it sounded pretty cool.
Whats end game fun? or is that a surprise?
Glad to see your still making stuff, thought you left lol 8)
BoSs is in the HOUSE!

BiGbOsS

Post by BiGbOsS » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:29 pm

LMAO second post.
Just saw your banned, so this is just a reminder to myself not to expect an answer for a while. This plus the new nali weapons is going to make a sweet christmas this year for ut99.
BoSs is in the HOUSE!