Eep!

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
EvilGrins
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Eep!

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:03 am

UT99.org seems on my case for excessive, random, posts so thought I'd just share this lil' glitch here instead of both places.

Since I've been playing online I've noted a random issue on my UT games I just play on my system with bots, though admittedly it's happened once online too. Every single thing in the game either cranks up to an insane speed or slows down to a damned near slow crawl.

For those old enough to remember, It's like when the Six Million Dollar Man is running.

Really fast is beyond fast, I can't even describe it.

Restarting the game does't do anything. Manipulating the game speed setting has no effect. The only thing that seems to work is to exit out of UT completely and then go back in, and even that doesn't always work on the first try.

Sometimes really fast goes into really slow.

Anybody ever experience anything like this? Is this a virus?

Hermskii
Site Admin

Re: Eep!

Post by Hermskii » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:30 am

Oh yes. I know this issue well but have no time as I'm going to work. Go intoyour power settings first and set it to the "always on" profile. Restart and see if it everhappens again. If it does happen again I'll tell you the next step towards fixing it. Let me know.
~Peace~

Hermskii

ZippityDooDa

Post by ZippityDooDa » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:17 pm

EvilGrins wrote:UT99.org seems on my case for excessive, random, posts so thought I'd just share this lil' glitch here instead of both places.

Since I've been playing online I've noted a random issue on my UT games I just play on my system with bots, though admittedly it's happened once online too. Every single thing in the game either cranks up to an insane speed or slows down to a damned near slow crawl.

For those old enough to remember, It's like when the Six Million Dollar Man is running.

Really fast is beyond fast, I can't even describe it.

Restarting the game does't do anything. Manipulating the game speed setting has no effect. The only thing that seems to work is to exit out of UT completely and then go back in, and even that doesn't always work on the first try.

Sometimes really fast goes into really slow.

Anybody ever experience anything like this? Is this a virus?
I have the same issue when dealing with Win 7 64bit Ultimate, right click on your Unreal.exe go to compatibility mode run in either Windows xp Or windows 95, works best in 95 mode for me and click on run as administrator, hope this works.
11100000.11111111.11111111.00000000 /24

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:59 pm

Did my first suggestion fix it? I have more suggestions but that one usually does the trick just fine..
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:05 pm

The problem seems to have stopped.