About Nelsona

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

About Nelsona

Post by Hermskii » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:20 am

While doing plenty of research yesterday on the internet and speaking with several other server and forum admins I heard many good things about a member here. That would be Nelsona.

As much as I hate to hear negative things about any member we have here I also love to here good things. We are lucky to have have much more of the latter here!

So congrats to you Nelsona. As near as I can tell you are as well liked throughout the UT community as you are liked here! This makes me even more proud to have you as a member here. Thanks!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Nelsona

Re: About Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:40 pm

Beep - InstigatedBy(Herm)

I don't know what to say about myself, some dudes maybe aren't love me. I used until now my knowlegde to support people with what I know. Some coding, some advices, small things. Others ? Well .. forum posters and spammers writing useless craps weren't in my inventory, especially liers.

Latest troubles with my connection, and don't really have too many options because I'm living in a small town, other things also related to latest mapping style for MH, logs delivered by my server triggered me to stay away for a while. Yea, when I look at logs my face become red, I posted ideeas and things to not be used in mapping but brainless noobs are releasing just a serial trash and they are still trying different tests useless.

Very few people seems to understood this MH, nobody talked about a new version after 10 years of MH even with a bunch of known issues. Haging other MH mods near original cannot solve all troubles.

What I'll do in future when I'll miss MH ? Good question and Maybe I should not answer here, but doesn't matter to much now. I'll recode a new MH controller for myself, very compatible with UTJMH29v1, at least I want to see a controller like should be in first 3 years of MH. Maybe weren't exactly 3 years until people observed all craps from MH incorrect done. But nobody requested and nobody set an agreement to change it.

Some lines writed by Shrimp mentioned something related to permissions. He he he, if you love so much this mod Mr., get back and finish your crap ! ELSE (wow, sounds well this one) I'll redo it without to cry about stupid codes removed and/or replaced by my Noob experience in coding, but with 23 times better results (23 is random don't dig for it, :P).

I'll split now...

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:01 pm

During this time when I run a MH server, I even attacked (I think I'm bad now) some maps released by a few dudes, or others done without to involve a MH party or a small logic like should be, and I corrected a few things (I wasn't the only one doing this, :P).

I was impressed by mappers which doesn't speak at least a half of my bad english but doing maps of course. Question: How many tutorials they ever read ? A server was halted or crashed ? Don't worry, remove the trash and server will run OK.

My last performance was 12 days without a server-crash (of course with usual daily restart). This is the result of some codes implemented inspired from different mods but heavily adapted to a kind of MH. I don't know if couldn't crash after a longer period because I decided to stop server, downloads page, the small main page, the Iptocountry server, the redirect. Yea, I run a bunch of things, I know that some server settings are not a good ideea because of some A.I. codes (belongs to Epic), I really didn't wanted to fix more things because of risk to alter game performance and decrease A.I. sensitivity.

How many people understood what I tried ? I don't know. Well, these days I played some Starcraft for memories, I downloaded some topped movies to enjoy a small fun.

During this time I archived server, all work related to coding, aditional files, etc. because I really want a small break, I'll just visit some forums, reading and even posting and this is the limit for the moment.

If I said something wrong you have the right to tell me what is bad. About some things related to a MH server, I'll post my observations if they are required.

Cya if needed !

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:55 pm

For the record, I think Nelsona is very cool too. Sure, sometimes I want to reach through the screen and strangle him, but for the most part he's a fount of information and he's handy.

Anyway, I haven't wanted to strangle him in ages...

...months...

...weeks...
...I'll stop now.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:08 pm

Yeah. Like I said... he is very much liked by plenty of people who I did not know even knew him. Good for us I say!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:38 pm

Yes, I agree, Nelsona is a cool head indeed!
Keep up the good deeds Nelsona! :wink:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777