back up

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
Dragon
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

back up

Post by Dragon » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:23 pm

Ok folks I had to reinstall the server and my ut99 but I don't have the mapvote and I would like to have the valhalaavatar files
I don't know if I want to put mapvote in because some people were wondering why the translocator did no work.
Is there a way that you could make a keyboard toggle to work with the mapvote thanks have a great day
NEW==> http://www.thereddragonsite.com

EvilGrins
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: back up

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:50 pm

Valhalla is overrated and unnecessary, and mars007 already hooked you up with it over on Hook's forum.

Quick question, do you have all your ServerPackages setup correctly?

Nelsona

Re: back up

Post by Nelsona » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:12 am

No, he didn't. By example I have a server ready to be started when I want to play some default matches (even configured for playing with monsters) and translocator is not a problem (No need a bunch of packages because Translocator is integrated in BotPack which is a stock file - everybody have it already) is in default UT stuff, just need to set value to True in INI, anyway Mr. Hermskii suggested to read a manual, but I guess might be hard to read a manual. I already posted examples and I sugested using Notepad for editing an INI, but I think I was wrong this time, first need a PC user guide in editing files and avoid spaming forum with more threads based on the same subject.

As config file for server I'm using UnrealTournament.ini containing some lines as example (again):

Code: Select all

[UTSPFix5.TDM_SPGame] //This is my game-type
FragLimit=200
TimeLimit=20
bMultiWeaponStay=True
bForceRespawn=True
bUseTranslocator=True //This is very hard to be changed ?
Yes, I'm using mapvote and is not any problem, look at a few lines from MapVoteLA.ini

CustomGameConfig[0]=(bEnabled=True,GameClass="UTSPFix5.CTF_SPGame",NewPrefix="CTF",Mutators="SS.SS,BN4.BN,UTToolbox.HitSound,UTToolbox.RegenerateAmmo,SwarmSpawn.SS,MGP2.MG,Shad.Shad",Settings="")
CustomGameConfig[1]=(bEnabled=True,GameClass="UTSPFix5.TDM_SPGame",NewPrefix="TDM",Mutators="SS.SS,BN4.BN,UTToolbox.HitSound,UTToolbox.RegenerateAmmo,SwarmSpawn.SS,MGP2.MG,Shad.Shad",Settings="")
CustomGameConfig[2]=(bEnabled=True,GameClass="UTSPFix5.DM_SPGame",NewPrefix="DM",Mutators="SS.SS,BN4.BN,UTToolbox.HitSound,UTToolbox.RegenerateAmmo,SwarmSpawn.SS,MGP2.MG,Shad.Shad",Settings="")
As you can see or not, I'm not using any setting done with mapvote, only mutators loaded containing their inis.

Packages ? Yeah, aditional files need to be in packages:

ServerPackages=CountryFlags2
ServerPackages=IpToCountry_AOL
ServerPackages=SoldierSkins
ServerPackages=CommandoSkins
ServerPackages=FCommandoSkins
ServerPackages=SGirlSkins
ServerPackages=BossSkins
ServerPackages=BotPack //Default file having translocator, do not believe me, just summon it
ServerPackages=UTToolbox
ServerPackages=Zombies5
//ServerPackages=UTSPFix5 //Automatically called, no need packages
ServerPackages=Shad
ServerPackages=MapvoteLA13
ServerActors=ServerCrashFix_v11.SCFActor
ServerActors=IpToCountry.LinkActor
ServerActors=HostnameBan.HostnameBan
ServerActors=IpDrv.UdpBeacon
ServerActors=SecureValidate.SVUdpServerQuery
ServerActors=SecureValidate.SVUdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=SecureValidate.SVUdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=utmaster.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=SecureValidate.SVUdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com MasterServerPort=27900
I think is better to edit some INI and things are working. Be sure to be the right INI, don't forget to save changes.

Now, if you are using some mutator to have a certain weapon which is removing Translocator from player inventory, get rid of it or ask coder for updates. I saw already cool mods ruining translocator from player for a super-duper sniper firing very very far (I think it just slaped the walls from next map :lol: ).