a question does anyone else use the gameservers

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
Dragon
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

a question does anyone else use the gameservers

Post by Dragon » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:02 pm

here's thew question when I go to the admin page and make changes how do I save it because when I do I don't think the changes stay :?
NEW==> http://www.thereddragonsite.com

EvilGrins

Re: a question does anyone else use the gameservers

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:14 pm

Dragon wrote:here's thew question when I go to the admin page and make changes how do I save it because when I do I don't think the changes stay :?
I don't have an answer but I'd like to suggest something...

...CONTEXT!

You tend to post as though you're only sharing some of the information and not all. In this case, here's some things that might help.

1) You say the GameServers. Which ones? Is it a website? Is it something specific to your own server that you think everyone's server also has?

2) Don't assume people know what you mean. In the wisdom of my Dad, which can be applied to anything: "Drive as though everybody else is an idiot".

Loosely translated, ask questions in threads of forums as though the readers don't know what you mean. When people respond to the post, you will then be able to tell if they know what you're talking about and can proceed from there.

3) Use punctuation. I find your posts just a smidge tricky to understand as you post the entire thing as one long sentence. This post is okay, more or less, but I've seen you post before where it looked like you posted 5 sentences. If it helps at all, try reading what you posted out loud.

Just trying to help...

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:44 am

In big parts I understand what he means, but indeed insufficient informations is useless. I already suggested starting a local Windows server first to learn how to set up such thing and later clone it to a game-server.
Post screenshots, post some INI content, let us see what is there or else nobody won't understand what you are doing.

For more threads opened, I suggested one. As you can see in the thread "Need More Fixes ?" I'm singing all my songs there and I noticed more than 400 views. I don't need to spread a bunch of sentences in 50 threads containing almost the same subject.

@EvilGrins: More people know what is a game-server. In other terms if I can explain well and you can understand, is about whatever UT99 version unused for play even converted-ported to Linux or Unix hosted in a dedicated powerfull machine by a company, linked to a web-interface browsable VIA Internet Explorer, and this UT99 version will run ONLY as a server for players who are joining from other places, even using different platforms.
Anybody fix me if this is a wrong definition.

Dragon

Post by Dragon » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:58 am

Thank you again for correctin me have anice day
NEW==> http://www.thereddragonsite.com