Post all {HOHCUT2K4} content here!
Cal
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Hello, Thank You Hermskii, and an Invitation/Offer to All

Post by Cal » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:34 pm

Hi, I wanted to introduce myself first of all. I've been with ChaosUT2 for several years, started out as a beta tester and moved on to updating its code with bug fixes and eventually new features for about the last month.

Hermskii, I wanted to personally thank you for mirroring the beta we released. More to come!

Also, I would like to officially invite anyone who comes across this thread to what was, at least, private testing sessions for the pre-3.8 release, which will hopefully be happening in about six days--my birthday actually. Yes, we released version 3.77 as an open beta on August 8th, but what I am doing, together with R.Flagg--is opening it further to anyone who is still playing the mod at this point. I was sending the builds to R.Flagg via email since it's just us right now, but if anyone isn't comfortable with the email method, I can and will upload it to semi-private webspace. All I ask, to alleviate the dreaded mismatches, is to not host it on a permanent dedicated server until the release, which as I stated is really soon! Listen servers or occasional home-hosted dedicated servers are fine, if you want to have some fun alone or with friends when myself and R.Flagg are not around. I may host a permanent test server after all though.

Furthermore, I am extending an invitation to create ChaosUT2 spraypaint for the 3.8 release, within a reasonable time frame, for anyone with an existing graphic.

EvilGrins

Re: Hello, Thank You Hermskii, and an Invitation/Offer to Al

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:17 pm

Darn those kids and their grafitti!

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:24 pm

Hello Cal. Welcome here! It is out honor to have you with us. Do you happen to know or have you seen the post I made with the question about how to make the graffiti spray out properly upright each time? I posted somewhere about just a day or 2 ago and now can't find it though I haven't really looked. I have a friend who made a mod that does this in UT99 and all is good except it can and does leave the tag sprayed on the wall in any orientation except properly up. Any idea if the rules apply the same way to making it spray out oriented properly in UT2K4 as UT99?

Cal, also please make sure to visit our welcome to the show section of the forum and give a story about yourself. Your goals, your dreams, your .... well, you get the point right? Just read the directions I posted on the first post their named Hermskii.

Great to have you here. Welcome to the show! Talk to you soon.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:36 pm

Yes, an Honor! :wink:
WELCOME Cal!
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

Cal

Post by Cal » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:48 pm

Hermskii wrote:Hello Cal. Welcome here! It is out honor to have you with us. Do you happen to know or have you seen the post I made with the question about how to make the graffiti spray out properly upright each time? I posted somewhere about just a day or 2 ago and now can't find it though I haven't really looked. I have a friend who made a mod that does this in UT99 and all is good except it can and does leave the tag sprayed on the wall in any orientation except properly up. Any idea if the rules apply the same way to making it spray out oriented properly in UT2K4 as UT99?

Cal, also please make sure to visit our welcome to the show section of the forum and give a story about yourself. Your goals, your dreams, your .... well, you get the point right? Just read the directions I posted on the first post their named Hermskii.

Great to have you here. Welcome to the show! Talk to you soon.
one thing i could do is get your friend the source code for the spraypaint console command and he could try to adapt it. my best idea. and thanks for the welcome!

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:55 pm

Please feel free to PM it to me so I can get it to him. Thanks too!
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No

Post by a nameless entity » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:25 pm

The complete Chaos UT website seems to be back up again. It is here: http://chaoticdreams.org/

:)
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess