DM-Sufference (Sufference Reactor)

Post all mapping and skinning related content here!
{S.o.W}DeathMask
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

DM-Sufference (Sufference Reactor)

Post by {S.o.W}DeathMask » Mon May 26, 2014 8:48 am

This is a very complex, medium sized high tech DeathMatch map, studied for extremely complex 5v5 matches.
Sufference Reactor is multi-layered and there are really lots of spots where the player can change layer.
The main characteristics of this map are the colored thunders inside the arena, that can be used as traps (touching the thunder will instantly kill you).
Main geometry is complete, and thunder lighting too, now I'm focusing on the main lighting (no coronas) and detailed geometry. Then, the advanced lighting (with coronas too) and sound.

As said before, this map has been studied for 5v5 fights, and thus best played with high number of players (4 at least), and not very good for 1 on 1.

Here some screenshots (NOTE: to make these screenshots, lighting was disabled as it's still incomplete):
SufferenceBETAShotSmall.jpg
Hope you like it.

More information can be found here, alongside a download link (when available): DM-Sufference
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
{S.o.W}DeathMask, 9 times CWC UT2003, 1 time EMKTC.

My Restaurant - Pub2000

{S.o.W}DeathMask

Re: DM-Sufference (Sufference Reactor)

Post by {S.o.W}DeathMask » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:58 am

First of all, let me apologize to those few who waited for having had patience until I could release something about this map.
Then, let me introduce you the first playable BETA version of DM-Sufference.

Sufference Reactor is a map studied for TDMs (from 2v2 to 5v5) and although it doesn't contain many weapons, it has much health, which is essential for both factions, if they wish to keep a dominant position.

The very first thing I wish to say about it is this:

WATCH YOUR STEP!

Thunders and electric fields are ahead. If you can see them doesn't mean an enemy cannot push you in the trap. Watch out!

Another thing worth mentioning is the retexture of some of the pickups. Yes, a particle of this map is the pickup texture: Health vials contain fire inside, MedBoxes contain electric charges and the Keg O' Health has some smoke in it. Without mentioning the UDamage that became purple, and not only its effects on the weapon.

But no worries, Besides of it, nothing else has changed. Vials still give you +5, MedBoxes still give you +20 and the Keg still gives you +100. And the UDamage...well, you know what it does :D.

Now, let's focus on what's inside the map, shall we?

The map contains 2 Shock Rifles, 1 Pulse Gun, 1 Minigun, 1 Flak Cannon, 2 Rocket Launchers and 2 Sniper Rifles (and relative ammo).
I decided not to put GES Biorifle and the Ripper in order not to make the wide areas way too spammy (One Flak Cannon is enough).
As of the Pickups, there are 24 Health Vials, 8 MedBoxes, 1 Keg O'Health, 1 UDamage, 1 ThighPads, 1 Armor and 1 Shield Belt.

The package contains no new packages except for music (Which is made by me - Phobos Earth), of which I made a preview on YouTube (I know it crackles a bit, but that's due only to the YouTube audio Compressor, which sucks in my opinion):

Map also presents one easter Egg (which gives the map its name) and a Signature of my clan (proof that I made it), but we'll talk about this later on, during the review.

Now let's move to the description of the map:
Shot1.jpg
Screenshots 1,2, 3 and 4 describe the electric traps I talked about before.

In screenshot 1, the blue thunder is viewed from the central room. It's the only thunder that goes from below to the top (if you take a deeper look, you'll notice the ceiling is broken).

Screenshot 2 shows one of the largest rooms of the map. Here is where the yellow thunder is at. To control this room is very useful: It has a Shock Rifle, 2 MedBoxes and 8 Vials, plus various ammo. Without considering that on the left side of it, in the background, there's a corridor with a Sniper Rifle (with ammo) and at the end of it there's a hole that leads directly to the ShieldBelt.

Screenshot 3 is what gave me the idea of using the thunders as traps. It's the most complex thunder in the map, and also the widest area of the map itself. Expect to see some big action with Rockets and Combos in here, son.
Ow - on the 2 doors in the center of Screenshot 3 there's a little bridge that has the UDamage and the ThighPads too. Your team'd better control this zone too.

Screenshot 4 has the green electric field that protects the Keg O'Health. Don't dare thinking that reaching the Keg is easy. Unless you want to lese 85 HP per sec by walking into the field, of course. At the end of the bridge you'll find the Signature of my clan on the wall, and the Easter Egg (In the green energy room).
Shot2.jpg
Screenshot 5 displays the bridge mentioned in Screenshot 3. You can see the UDamage in there, that can be reached either by the bridge or by a lift jump. Yes, there's a lift beneath it.
What you can't see, though, is the ThighPad, which is behind the camera.

Screenshot 6 displays the bridge from below. You see the long corridor? Imagine how would it feel to be in the middle of it, with sniper everywhere.
See the red light on the right beneath the bridge? There's a Sniper Rifle in there.
The other red light? It leads to another, deadlier corridor.

Screenshot 7 takes a deep look at the other corridor mentioned above. You can see 2 of the 6 Health Vials located there, and Minigun Ammo too. On the left, there are 2 lifts which lead to the Keg O'Health room. At the end of these two corridors (Almost), there's what can be seen in Screenshot 8.

Screenshot 8 makes you return at the central room, in front of the blue thunder, from a little hole (see blue lights on top) that lead you there from the upper Red Thunder room. In the farther part of the room you can see the doors leading to the corridors.
Shot3.jpg
Screenshot 9 shows the game's best protective tool: the Shield Belt. It's on a crucial side, so don't expect to leave the room intact once you grabbed the belt.

Screenshot 10 shows another corridor, located in the lowest part of the map. At the center of it, the source of the blue thunder. If you look up from there, you'll notice a red glass platform, which can be accessed by one of the two corridors on the upper layer via a hole. There's the Armor on that platform.

Screenshot 11 Displays an overview of the map and its complexity. Nasty stuff.

Screenshot 12 shows the grey Keg O'Health in all its glory...and the Easter Egg: Can you see what's behind that inaccessible (without cheats) energy door? It's Sufference, another Zombie from SoldierSkins_Zombies_UT (Made by me), available here. Of these demons we're talking about (guess who?) Sufference.

After this long and boring map review/overview, feel free to play its first beta here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

My Restaurant - Pub2000

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:32 am

It is late. i am tired. I just saw this. One word. WOW!

Please clone yourself immediately.
~Peace~

Hermskii

{S.o.W}DeathMask

Post by {S.o.W}DeathMask » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:10 am

Hermskii wrote:It is late. i am tired. I just saw this. One word. WOW!
Thank you, Hermskii. I'm happy people like my work. This encourages me into doing more, despite I have few time.
Hermskii wrote:Please clone yourself immediately.
Wish it could be possible: one DeathMask going to work, another going out with girls, and another one bein 24/7 at UT and developing TDB.

My Restaurant - Pub2000

Hook
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:03 am

Wouldn't that be nice to have a clone or 2? :roll:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

{S.o.W}DeathMask

Post by {S.o.W}DeathMask » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:31 pm

I had the chance to test the map online thanks to Hook and [MP]Keuter and their servers.

I must say I had fun with both Deemer mode and Standard TDM mode, and that this post would be incomplete if I wouldn't express my gratitude to those two people above mentioned.

I thank Hook for hosting my maps on his {CMM} server and thus advertising them, and making other players have fun with them.
And another thank you goes to [MP]Keuter, who opened a server for me to test TDM-SufferenceBETA.
You guys are awesome. This support encourages me into making more and more.

After I played 2 matches with [MP]Keuter in Sufference Reactor, I must say I'm closer to the final release than ever. Stay tuned for the final release!

My Restaurant - Pub2000

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:49 pm

Staying tuned!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:54 am

Not Starwars ;

UnrealWars
Attack of the clones and The Return of the mapper. :mrgreen:

Keep it up Deathmask!

{S.o.W}DeathMask

Post by {S.o.W}DeathMask » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:18 am

Thanks very much for the moral support too guys, it means a lot.

Therefore, I give you good news: Soon (very soon) I will open a new topic about another duel map I have been developing the last days in pair with Sufference. I'm talking about DM-Bionic.

Stay tuned for more news about DM-Sufference (maybe final) and DM-BionicBETA.

My Restaurant - Pub2000

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:18 pm

Slow down. Take a vacation for a month then start up again. The main goal being to not burn out.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:06 am

Hermskii wrote:Slow down. Take a vacation for a month then start up again. The main goal being to not burn out.
Nice, but heed Hermskii's advice! :wink:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

{S.o.W}DeathMask

Post by {S.o.W}DeathMask » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:21 am

No worries, I have it already done.

Once I finished them, maybe I'll take a little vacation.

My Restaurant - Pub2000

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:21 pm

Hook wrote:Wouldn't that be nice to have a clone or 2? :roll:
Have you seen the movie Multiplicity?

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:59 pm

Hermskii wrote:Slow down. Take a vacation for a month then start up again. The main goal being to not burn out.
Yes, let me second that too, DeathMask.
I been in this sitution once too, never again. But is not only in UT, but also in real life.
When your putting yourself up to deadlines when there is no need too, it won't be long till you get stressed out for nothing. I'm building a lot too, but I take my breakes. Maybe this was also the very reason why I was a overreacting-hothead those times. Now I am a very relax person, which is social in real life, not on the web. Feeling absolutely great.

Like this very evening. Instead of going back to pc straight away after dinner, I went to the garden to give it water and clean things up. The sun on your face makes a humun more healthy than a TFT or CRT monitor, and steers up your mood and happiness big time. Love UT, but love the real nature around you more.

Regards Terraniux.

{S.o.W}DeathMask

Post by {S.o.W}DeathMask » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:24 pm

lol

I already know all of this.
I do regularly take breaks (I usually map 2 days a week and have a fully functional social life etc.).
The only difference is that I had much more inspiration than usual and I felt I could build two maps at the same time. And it seems to be working real good.

Really, guys, no worries. I'm fine. Just let me be creative until inspiration "expires" (that is really soon). Then I'll take my breaks.

Again, I'm fine. Thanks for the worries, even if not necessary. Means I'm appreciated over here (as well as my works are).

My Restaurant - Pub2000