Nelsona
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

In attention of Admins owning Windows based Servers

Post by Nelsona » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:57 am

Higor has released XC_Engine08

Integrated features:
- (All) Logging when the native functions in the engine Start/End for better documentation.
- (Dedicated Server) Initialization and update of Moving Brush Tracker in Dedicated servers - visible the mostly for cubed movers.
- (Dedicated Server) Moving brush tracker fix can be ignored on certain user-defined maps.
- (Server) Ability to send 'undownloadable' maps.
- (Server, Standalone player) Faster map list generation algorithm via GetMapName() native hack.
- (Server, Standalone player) Retrieval of map list can now be sorted globally or by folder.
- (All) Makes several properties from native only classes visible to UnrealScript, player commands and edit windows (win32). Below table for more info.
- (All) Timing fix for computers that change CPU frequencies (STILL NEEDS DUALCORE FIX INSTALLED!)
- (Server, Standalone player) PlayerPawn.GetWeapon function enhanced in runtime, works in any engine version.
- (Server, Standalone player) ScriptedPawn.SetEnemy function enhanced in runtime, attacks bots as well.
- (Server, Standalone player) UT_Eightball.NormalFire.Tick function enhanced in runtime, accessed none log warning fixed when use by bots.
- (Server) PreLogin hook allows other actors to deny players from joining servers.
- (Server) TravelManager subsystem providing extended inventory handling for Coop games (don't lose items on reconnect).
- (All) Version 451 GET and SET command functionality.
- (Client) Automatic cache conversion to desired directories.
NEW
- (Server, Standalone player) Bot.SetOrders function enhanced in runtime, accessed none log warning fixed when issued with monsters in the map.
- (Server) PlayerCanSeeMe() native function replaced with a bugfixed and crash-free version.

Contains own variables and configurable variables.
Setting up XC_Engine - it is an extension working near Original binaries and replacing some default stuff, also it hooks some bugged things tweaking them.
Server.ini or UT.Ini
  • [Engine.Engine]
    ;GameEngine=Engine.GameEngine
    GameEngine=XC_Engine.XC_GameEngine
GameEngine class is declared different.

Also it will be declared as replacement for default as follows:
  • ;[Engine.GameEngine]
    [XC_Engine.XC_GameEngine] //New class
    //next lines are the same
Other required variables and information are described in original document.
A backup is here
XC_Engine_08.7z
Original thread has been started here:
https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5 ... t=0#p62971
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: In attention of Admins owning Windows based Servers

Post by Hermskii » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:42 pm

- (Server) PlayerCanSeeMe() native function replaced with a bugfixed and crash-free version.

That is a pretty bold statement. My concern as usual is what all breaks in order to get this fixed? What do you think Nelsona? Worth it?
~Peace~

Hermskii

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:40 am

I have loaded this into test-server and I wanna find some time to play a few hours because, first unofficial version looks like was impossible to crash. This one is public

After my understanding based on Higor's explanations it was not a Net resource missing, it was a sanity check as he says, with other words an internal Accessed None which in C++ = crash. Also this function was messed up by default returning bad value even if object was not usually supposed to be visible. Test-map worked well, I have disconnected and reconnected, no crash. Spawning BiterFishSchool, Birds, loading a known evil map and using MHv504 did not leaded in any crash. I expect to see if collisions problems might be solved or tuned a bit. The rest of features don't disturb me.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:08 pm

To not forget, bye to you Mr. PlayerCanSeeMe() after 15+ years of messing up my yard. Garbage finally is outta my "sandbox". SandBox is called any PC hosting an UT server, it is an original string written by Epic visible when a server is crashing based on an non-existent file called by Level.
//rant on
Nelsona's response: Since my machines aren't blue-screen friendly as yours :lol: , I'm extremely glad to find my "SandBox" much superior to a "DirtBag" used for coding those sorta dumb lines unwrapped. If that was just a joke, then this one is a joke too :mrgreen:
//rant off
I'm gonna do a byte-hacking if string is visible in order to morph that into CuteBox, as long as probably I'm gonna paint it so nice for my small daughter.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:24 pm

Back into News (or oldies) chapter.

Given new options in dealing with a new sort of Engine, things were moved forward.

XC_Engine is able to send files to player directly without any Web Host - so I no longer have any Web redirect started.
XC_Core is an extension of default core system which is able to deal with a new compression "LZMA" and a clocking system for coders in purpose to see which codes are faster. XC_Core files copied in client will help in decompressing LZMA which is smaller than original UZ format. Last XC_Engine14b is able to deal with XC_Core and is usable by player too improving timers. There is a sort of XC_IpDrv available containing some fixes related to Net Stuff generally.
New XC_Engine.u - UScript side contains actors meant to protect against several abusive problems and will reduce crashes (in fact I did not see any) except those cause by admin due to files missing or such.
I was running a "quad" game server MHv5.04 & stuff, MH2 older prior to new XC_Core, MH2 other rewritten version, MA (MonsterHuntArena) and to be honest I can claim XC stuff better than any UTPG's awesome trash which doesn't include so much stability as supposed.
Several options are configurable so if something goes wrong it can be disable until problem will get fixed. Troubles occurred seems to exist in wild games (which were bad as well even before XC_Engine so flying is punished properly, :P).

In your free time you can try new stuff as long as I did not see anyone hurt by any explosion while was using it.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:46 pm

I still haven't done this. Is the download still the best and latest version? this error happens on some of my other servers too. Should this fix it there too or is it just a MH fix?
~Peace~

Hermskii

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:47 pm

Latest versions have redirecting feature. I'm using it in "default" games (custom CTF and custom DM) but also is a good thing for MH too based on 2 firsts important reasons and a few others coming later:
- PlayerCanSeeMe crash has been murdered;
- due to new "octree" system in dealing with Map aka Level collision specific crashes seems to be gone; These were main reasons for using it.
Aside from those old nasty things, the other new add-on related to internal redirect system is priceless too.

- important protections added - I won't speak too much in public about them :|.

A few things went against a few settings - NOT for removing it: SLV specific home-made invention out of EPIC yard seems to have problem at Flag - they are bad coded for years and probably this engine is not for such stunts - I don't really care if will ever work properly any of SLV, etc things. Collision "octree" can be disabled for such case. In case of a collision crash simply admin can sing a song or mind other things - irrelevant for me.

As for Nelsona "False" related Values set in ini - SetEnemy removed
Why? I was playing with friendly monsters CTF so I don't need to see any of my friends attacking me or my team. Given this reason I even changed the name of function from "SetEnemy" in order to not be ever called anymore. NsMonster is MH ready and NsCTF ready + NsDM ready being for me a total stock replacement in MHv504 - I was playing a few matches with... 0 errors - no joke.

//off road
MHReplacer server tool which I was writing is able to bring new "souls" including their "suit" for those tuned in Level by author - aside for several complains related to my "disrespectful" grammar I was kicking some nose by fixing "an IceSkaarj", "an IceTitan" and all that garbage used for years and 0 fixed by all fake grammar guardians. New monster comes with cloning/fixing the name which creature was "origionally" using.
The priorities and time consuming things were less errors - hunter A.I. improvements, Pickup deals, speed of script's execution on my fake ancient P4, monster A.I., and 0 seconds for grammar as long as it doesn't help UT - in fact it was the mostly messing up codes (UIWeapon UIWeapon/s - which I have punished with removal from my yard because was a nonsense).
//on road

It was fascinating to see finally in 2015 a way to clock UScript, things supposed faster now are proved EVIL.

To not forget - compression in LZMA format is not only smaller but is even faster.
Example MH2_NS_V2 - UZ took aprox. 5 seconds and LZMA aprox. 2.5 seconds. Other files were compressed even 10-20 times faster depending on type.

Actually I don't have reasons for using any 451 fake fixed engine - it's just 436 + XC collection: XC_Engine(14b) + XC_Core + XC_IpDrv.

Eternal Gratitude and Respect goes for Higor toward his work done until at this moment.

As for FerBotz - I'll quit using my MBot when they will get finished - or maybe combined...

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:45 pm

Bumping with latest information.

XC_Engine has this time version 16. This version has features added, I won't quote tech related things but let's use more or less friendly terms for describing news:
- this version is capable to compress stuff used (map loaded + the rest of files) in LZMA format "on-fly" when server loads that Level;
- is able to bring support for handling old weapons - not MH/OldSkool replacements but real original weapons, so you might see a functional WeaponPowerup or Amplifier if game-type used has no replacing feature letting stuff to run as in original;
- has improvements at collision type deals - badly rammed Levels aren't really crashing as used to;
- If it's not mentioned yet, server might run without redirect, sending files to player at a better speed than game-slot used for playing normally. So to speak Game-Server can be a redirect itself without affecting later game-speed used by player, and also these files are compressed LZMA in real-time if they are forget by admin.

Other features are available as described in tech documentation for coding or advanced usage.

Player stuff ?
Well, if you just want to be ready for servers tuned up, you have only to put XC files inside game and... edit nothing - read again you might join to such XC based servers by editing nothing but load only new files. If a server does use a redirect with LZMA files, client with XC files will automatically download new type of compression without a problem, latest XC_IpDrv.dll file being properly fixed. How happens ? Client contacting server receives redirect info + download type. Using this trick we have from now on new features - smaller files which means faster downloads + a better server.

Version 16 requires VisualStudio 2015 libraries (usable in WinXP) as described in XC_Engine's thread and is able to work using an extended set of CPU instructions based on new stuff.

XC_Engine is not a selfish thing. Even common player can join to such server but it will have some features limited - by example I'm no longer using UZ compression due to a sort of nasty bug which has been discovered latest period - it's part of other chapter but...
Shortly:
- if UZ file downloaded by player from redirect is bigger than original U file (example relicbindings.u and the rest of "almost-none" code stuff) and both of them are very small (under 1kb) client will crash instantly at attempting decompression being unable to join without those files - UZ fails to be decompressed by client-game even this is doable separately using UCC.
I have already figured professional game-servers not using UZ redirection - looks like they have indeed experience with everything.

So my way is: fast upload player without compression for missing files. XC Player loads smaller compressed LZMA files faster than common player. Both of them are able to play in such servers.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:14 am

Ummmmm... I have a big issue with the larger redirected files crashing the game if this is installed and it is a show stopper to me.

I use high speed redirects and have all sorts of different sized files on it. This would crash my players right. LOL! I said players.

By the way, I actually do have players. Way more than I previously thought too! I'm shocked looking at the logs and seeing people one after another join and play. Sadly, it is usually just one at a time but that is still awesome that they play this much.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:33 pm

Hermskii wrote:Way more than I previously thought too! I'm shocked looking at the logs and seeing people one after another join and play.
I have figured already old people crawling again + new blood - which is good after all.

About servicing redirects from home - in my case I have speed limits but not x GB limits. Larger files... - are just larger even in UZ format. Small files - no, I lie, truly smaller files are painfull. If player doesn't have cached that stuff (which I doubt) it's crashing due to a decoding compression error, something at whatever line 134 (if I well recall) related to "EndOfFile" issue... ummm.
I was about to check all Levels one by one in purpose to find those with tiny packages. It's a waste of time breaking other cute jobs. So answer is simple Good BYE, UZ.
I went on my backup stick and I have deleted all UZ recovering a lot of space.

A redirect can be set without compression after all so I don't have anything to lose at this point. Else people out of patience can load XC stuff getting LZMA smaller stuff (to not forget how fast goes this compression process).

There is also an alternate solution (I forgot this, my apology) - a mixed one.
Server might have XC stuff (for needs) but having set only redirection services not fully XC_Engine usage - game running normally without new engine. Simply header for redirection is suggested at player and player will load stuff according to instructions received decompressing files properly - I gotta admit these last works for UT'99 I think are the best from all times. NONE of UTPG updates are better than this way - and many things are not even fixed in any of v451 v451b so called patches.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:27 pm

Bumping here a bit.
At this moment there is released XC stuff: XC_EngineV18 XC_Corev6 and some XC_IpDrv from June 2016.
What I've been noticing is that new XC stuff works so damn well. I'm not using exactly all features but... mainly this new toy looks like has some faster routines and it operates smoother as butter. Whoever wants to get rid of some old issues, I think this is the answer for a new UT age.
I've added last time in MH2 a feature for broadcasting when tick-rate is falling and coming back. It seems to not happen as it was happening before using the same maps. Also getting rid of timer probably was another good step...
I have also witnessed an I7 Server with a couple of GB RAM sliding like a butterfly on a flower. This year I think I can celebrate a new formula which I've been waiting for years...

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:29 am

Bumping again
Some interesting news are showing up related to XC things. A test version 19 veeryyy beautiful. What's the deal at this point ?
Oh... well XC system right now is capable of dealing/changing whatever function from an actor. Until this time the only fix for rammed stuff was Actor Replacement, new rules have been implemented forcing whatever bad item to execute a different function, original bad one is being discarded (even server-side - not that much downloads after all).
This will unlock a couple of "options". Mentioning a few which can be coded into a mutator:
- fixing flashlight at ending charge tick errors;
- fixing/changing some functions from default monster;
- fixing some weaponry troubles;
- developing/fixing paths addressing only Bot (available for human too);
- fixing SkaarjBerserker random crash;
- fixing old Eightball tick random errors;
- etc.
I'll use my few free time which I have randomly, in purpose to develop such stuff because "new engine" is capable of bringing more peace into UT offering valid and easy options for ruining properly default bugs and accelerating executions using C++ rewritten routines. Since firsts tests were good I was heading for a "packaged" mutator for fixing even visual things (boulder thrown by Titan should rotate ON-Line too not only in Local Games, etc).

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:14 pm

Do it then. Fix stuff! Yeah!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:50 am

Te he, with big chances to piss off those spamming me with IntroDude's invalid stupid meshes, it might be the time to put it down as well as that Boulder crap used for "decorating" (yes, it decorates console spam to be that relaxed).
Aside, I did some tests around new XCGE and there is something which has to be clarified before saying that everything is perfect - it might be but depending on... humans. Players using net drivers coming from UTPG - speaking about IpDrv.Dll have some troubles with XCGE servers. Last official update from EPIC is fully operational but not UTPG's ones (at least happens to me) - there are 3 versions: from 440, 451, and 451b. None of them are great at this point. If they can join to server, they might still crash at Map-Change.
Since I see players upgrading to 451 which is aiming servers on purpose they might go in troubles by themselves. Probably Higor will solve these as long as he is also trying to fix Linux crashes based on "segmentation fault" problems which are part of Linux portation...
New stuff might unlock some Map fine tuning if whatever actor MyLeveled discovers XCGE will use faster features - that's another story but it sounds good to me...

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:13 am

These days were... rich...
Another great dude has decided to do something useful for admins. It's about something helping with redirect, more exactly compressing files in UZ format - if admins are not having a deal with XC_Engine and LZMA format.

What is about this UZ compressor ? Oh well, it works X times faster than UCC and all toys based on original UCC. Believe or not, by adjusting compression buffer, resulted UZ files can be even smaller than ones which UCC.EXE is producing. UT client can decompress these UZ files as it does with original files. Compressor using default buffer generates identical files with original UCC but... more than faster. Constructing a full redirect won't take ages anymore.
Topic is here:
https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=14090#p122176
There are several versions posted, you can imagine that latest might be the best. At this moment V2.0 works out of issues.
Due to the Core.dll coming with this small program, I'm using it from another folder "SysUZ". This way I compress long packages in seconds - if I need UZ files. In private server I'm using LZMA and direct downloads for common player boosted by XC_Engine.

Newer UT469 will have an option for boosting download speed if this is happening directly from server out of a redirection service.