MH-Afterdark 2!

Post all mapping and skinning related content here!
Nelsona
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Re: MH-Afterdark 2!

Post by Nelsona » Tue May 03, 2016 5:59 pm

I can say that mainly paths are good with tiny exceptions. A.I. can use more spots if they have a reason to move. I see them with another toy which I did today (I'm testing it yet). It allows free moves, there is no more need to move like Bot through Nodes. Also has more freedom in discovering broken zones - circles disappearing when Path-Net gets rammed. Here I Used Target Beacon and then I summoned a MonsterWayPoint on that "hill". I happily got 16 paths (RouteCaches used in Pawn). Of course they do works even from a more far distance. I'm not curious about that CM4...
AfterDark2.jpg
AfterDark2_1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sat May 07, 2016 9:07 am

Here I've stored something called MHBotyMan3.zip.
I've been playing with it even On-Line. If you need future improvements I can add other features, like when your goal is somewhere around your routes to have a Message about distance to target (UU, Meters, Miles or whatever, will need some file ini Setup), or if you know another guy able to make it a super duper MH debugger allow it to improvement.

Advantage of V3 toward predecessor v1 is that it has routes pre-cached shown, in dynamic pathing this is helpful for figuring how often are changed (done using PathSwitcher) also it keeps tracking of Waypoint until it becomes rechable or it is manually turned off. So you might see "reachable distances" doing a perfect optimization of distances between PathNodes given your open area work.

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Sun May 08, 2016 6:39 am

Nice! Ill start mapping again when it is less warm, between 25 - 30 celcius here. :roll:

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:02 pm

FINISHED. Hermskii can you entire wipe my first post, and replace it with this, since I cant edit my topic.
---------------
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLO_Pl5- ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

Here it is!

Much of AD1 is in there since people asked me to put the same aspects in it.

Project name: AfterDark
Project number: 2
Size: Large - Huge
Players: 12-16
Theme: Hightech
Progress 100% ( Main / General - First official release.

UPDATE 16-06-2016

FINISHED.

Download:

http://crystalunreal.com/Downloads/MH-AfterDark2.rar

After a approx a year it is here. Hope you enjoy.
There is a readme file added.
Let me know what you think of it, and for bugs and commentary I'm all ears.

Regards Terraniux

-------------

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:43 am

Warning: Failed loading package: Can't find file for package 'HalobyTerraniux'

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:37 am

Fixed. Use the same link again.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:17 pm

That bridge doesn't include paths just null PathNodes. At "armory" I don't see why is needed that Inventory soup with a lot of pickups. Worth 40MB+ ?

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:56 pm

Nelsona wrote:That bridge doesn't include paths just null PathNodes. At "armory" I don't see why is needed that Inventory soup with a lot of pickups. Worth 40MB+ ?
I know. Just guide the bots a little there as written in the readme file. I couldn't find a work around for it either so this will do. And for the rest..... shhh! This is ment to be a ONLINE map, with my first attempt to make it bit playable offline. 40mb is absolutely worth it. 1 of my maps is around 80mb, and 1 other releases I did not make public was the merging of the original cm4 project, and the re-booted one. Man, that would give you a 100 mb+.

And since it is 2016 I expect people to have a little decent connection by now. And for the record Nelsona, 90/100 people love the music I put into into the game, they ask me to. My maps and gameplay I provide is what makes "me"
I have a long history man, very long.

You are alway so critical and objective about the constructions of maps, try to see the fun part and amusement of it as well man haha. Instead of seeing ones and zeros all the time, try to look at the fun you can have in maps man, without looking at the blueprint.

Anyway thanks for the input though, you always mean well.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:47 pm

Okay then let's see a secret... in 2016 we still can see dumb admins unable to get a functional redirect and not even using extensions able to "rush downloads" as XCGE, yes some of them never heard of anything being "limited" at a poor brain.
The rest of players Off-Line might not have the best input, of course, not even speaking about their frustrations and rather chickening out. Is the reality, nothing evil, nothing fancy, just feelings - it Would be better using TEAM-WORK which I don't see and I reject idea to understand why NOT. Not a single time I was cooperating with others at doing a small Level and everything resulted almost perfect (mods used screws action not default game-play).
Yes, people are saying Wooow, oh well... is default reply, sometimes masking reality. If you want me to mask myself I can do that... Will this ever help ? Okay then...

For coding is the same story - Look at my Mutator... The rest: Woow, amazing, nice and after 2 months is removed from multiple locations and it's a simple question: Why nobody speak up about bug fixing rather than hiding and silently removing stuff out ? Is that hard to reveal the real problems ?

If 100 Mappers suddenly loads me with 40+ MB, I really don't even look in that direction. I don't like Levels where monsters doesn't have enough good reaction because of Game-Load and lagging some people. The rest of space exhausted only for a map, I'm not sure if this is a goal. People are still paying for Hosting SPACE and even Bandwidth/Month and does not happening in isolated cases.

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:23 pm

Allright, if you want to be salty, fine. But try to not spread the salt everywhere whenever you see something that isn't right in your head man.

Anyway.

Let's see what other people have to say.

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:59 am

Btw, not sure if you red it, but the download is updated. Made some additional changes and is way less in mb, 1 of music files weren't correct it seems. This post of yours on the HOF gaming in the CM4 thread clan really pisses me off:
"
This is one Level showing "How to Not do". I've received complains about client lags. Some settings are screwed and brushes at beginning are showing how to never build maps + I did not figure zoning. Have fun in testing such "Special" maps.
All these happening with years of "mapping" experience behind... Some advices have not been taken too much in account so credits on walls are pretty pointless.

I was wonder what's the deal in newer AfterDark2 (large huge - yeah sure... no wonder).

And for poop sakes, I'd really appreciate the gesture if you will never intimidate me that way ever again.

And for the record, everything you say I do take in account. I appreciate every thing you help me with, but sometimes I can not always use it you see? I'd like to see you make a map once, with the size as cm4. You'll be sweating, cursing, and most of all you are willing to give up after a month im sure. To call me unexperienced, that really crosses the line. You clearly have a lot to learn about this matter.

What do you want then, give you no credit at all? I will remove your name instantly if you ask me to, since you have given me nothing but salt when you see something wrong. I've never seen you say, hey good job, or looking good or, great work so far. Even it counts for the little parts.

I have no idea what your mapping experiences are, but if you had the long experience I have, you will face 1 problem time after time, that is called the balance between that is what technically right, and user preferable. If would build a product that only serves my wishes, it will not be bought for a single penny. No matter how many times you try sell a product, as long it is only satisfying your needs it will never be sold.

What I'm telling you here is mapping for the UT community is only succesful by LISTENING and creating a collective idea and inspiration.
True, my maps aren't always right in the editor? So what?

For example the bridge in the darkmatch arena:

After a lot of attemps trying to get the bots moving there, must come to a conclusion:
If I want to move the bots over the bridge I can either do 2 things:
- Make it static ( just a brush, no mover)
- No bridge at all.

I decided that the player should guide the bots a little there, since the majority of the players will be ONLINE players since they don't care about the bots work not working there. They want a little puzzle, action, big thins rotating. Sensation. So I take the error for not letting the bots work there, but instead I give the players a bit more fun you see?

Can you understand that for once? Or must everything in your eyes be 'right'? No errors or faults allowed? Every setting must be correct. It's like you are a machine sometimes lol.

The most important thing is that the UT community is happy with new maps that are fun and keeps the mappers motivated. Same counts for the other attributes.

You are a smart man Nelsona, but you have a lot to learn too when it comes down to be a mapper, and about the choices we make.

(p.s)Try to take this not too offensive man, you have given me a lot of salt haha, giving you a bit back :P.

EvilGrins
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:17 pm

My rating of maps has to do with actual play, I don't judge it by what's in UnrealEd because I don't go use that unless I'm gonna edit something... which I may here.

My really only gripe (only major one anyway) is it kinda bugs me that when you get to where the first BIG monsters on the map are they've got the same projectiles as the smaller monsters. Those 3 HUGE Krall should've been firing something else... like maybe the most powerful projectiles from the DispersionPistol?

It's a handy default thing everybody has in their UT... gotta use it for something.

Having a mild issue with the secrets (in that I can't find them all) so that's my focus now:

Asked about this in another thread, for the Mappers' Guild forum, and I'm mainly determined to find them on my own so don't tell me where they all are.

It just feels like it's mocking me:

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:54 am

Yeah you do have a point there. I could change that in a final version perhaps.
It just feels like it's mocking me:
Haha that's the intention. Wait till you unlock it ....., the secret that awaits you there is truly beautiful. :mrgreen: It will litterally melt your face, in a good way.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:34 am

News for me at coding section

Code: Select all

ScriptWarning: MonsterShadow MH-AfterDark2.MonsterShadow0 (Function MonsterHunt.MonsterShadow.PostBeginPlay:0012) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: MonsterShadow MH-AfterDark2.MonsterShadow0 (Function MonsterHunt.MonsterShadow.PostBeginPlay:0025) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: MonsterShadow MH-AfterDark2.MonsterShadow0 (Function MonsterHunt.MonsterShadow.PostBeginPlay:0039) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: MonsterShadow MH-AfterDark2.MonsterShadow0 (Function MonsterHunt.MonsterShadow.PostBeginPlay:005A) Accessed None
Any reason for adding crap in map ?

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:55 pm

Oh that might be something that isn't supposed to be there after a global cleanup actually .
I was wondering what it was, thought would be cool to add. Selected it, added it, nothing happened, nothing appeared. It's a good thing the console detects all.